[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I am having a little trouble, though I am still trying to find out whether BDArmory is to blame. Often, when vehicles have blown each other up, I cannot return to the space port (menu available but button does nothing) and cannot reload (shows reloading text but does nothing), forcing a quit and restart.

I will try to home in on the cause.

Do you guys youse B9 and far? Or just stock?

I use FAR.

Edited by Camacha

I have that problem too sometimes in my highly modded install. On my dev install with just BDynamics and BDArmory and a few other small ones, it doesn't happen though. I have a hunch it has to do with either EVE, FAR, distant object enhancement, or texture replacer..

Of those I am only running FAR. I used to run distant object enhancement too, but I reinstalled without and the problem still exists. I do have a fairly large number of other mods though, so I am hesitant to point the finger as your mod, even if I am not using a lot of modparts in the vehicles when it happens.

Do you guys youse B9 and far? Or just stock?

I use FAR, and it works just fine.

It also sort of works with DMP too, but the target has to be totally still.

And when messing with tanks, both have to be still otherwise debris of your client side destroyed target will start poping up.

I just watched the video and stuff is simulated at distances greater than the 2.5m simulation bubble. Was a mod used to extend this or something?

Yes, this one.

Press ALT+B, then manually set the distance you wish.

The view range modification also works on DMP.

Epic. Just wondering on the OP picture there's a small blue rocket. Is that new or is that what is inside the rocket pod?

Its just what the rocket pod is holding.

I'm having trouble getting the weapons to shoot. I changed the fire button in alt+b but it wont work.

Does anything else work? The most common cause of things not working is improper installation.

Since normal missiles can no longer maneuver outside the atmosphere, they are essentially useless in space combat. I suggest adding dedicated space weapons, like the ASM-135 ASAT missile.

Yup, that's the idea. For the next update, I plan to make a few new weapons.

Since normal missiles can no longer maneuver outside the atmosphere, they are essentially useless in space combat. I suggest adding dedicated space weapons, like the ASM-135 ASAT missile.

Do unguided rockets still work as normal?

Probably dumb question

I just watched the video and stuff is simulated at distances greater than the 2.5m simulation bubble. Was a mod used to extend this or something?

The bubble is 5 kilometres for me without changing anything. After that the missiles just blip out of existence, it took a couple of shots before I realised what was going on there.

The bubble is 5 kilometres for me without changing anything. After that the missiles just blip out of existence, it took a couple of shots before I realised what was going on there.

The mod set the limit to 5km, without the mod the limit is 2.5km

You can set it to whatever you want in the ALT+B menu (it's a mod feature)

BahamutoD, can I suggest something about the loading bubble? It's a little easier than manually setting the range like you have it set up. How about instead, the range can increase up to a much higher number (and make that the number players can change) but have it follow the target craft. and basically have the bubble extend as far as the targeted object is away. So if a craft flies past 5km away and you have it targeted, the bubble extends with the plane until a max distance, which the players can configure based on their computers. So like maybe make the max max 100km or so, and the min 5km, and make it so players can change it to anything inbetween. Does this make sense?

Awesome mod.

Just one problem i have extended the physics range to 10km. It all runs fine until i have a craft that is parked but with a plane i go further than 10km. When i come back the parked craft just explodes. I have tried with less physics and it seems to only happen above 3km.

But there is x64 already.

Or this mod doesn't like it?

Or you on a mac?

I'm on Windows. x64 is not ready on Windows. Even without mods KSP x64 crashes after 10min at latest for me.

There are some lucky people who can use it without problems, but I don't.

Nice, it did not take me long to get back to control theory. I felt that an automated threat response would be more suitable, shooting flares when incoming fire is detected. However, tracking fast moving debris that is closing in is doable, separating it from the debris you are simply flying over requires a bit of extra sophistication.