[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

You have to enable them with the manager ( next weapon ) after you have set team and all the stuff , not manually otherwise it won't work . If the turret activate but doesn't respond to your commands ( try moing the cursor ) then it means it's activated in guard mode and should work .

I have some feedback for the author , in my opinion the explosion force of cannon shells and rockets/bombs ( not the damage only the force ) is too much high , i mean a 120mm HE shell ( i suppose ) sent a 20t tank flying for hundreds of meters up in the air ... that seems a bit too excessive to me .

Edited by RaimondLuxuryYacht

Yes, first place lazor and batteries on your craft then place weapons manager, then set team A or B.... Go out, place in a random spot then set your weapons manager to guard then right click on it again... mess with the gui BUT BUT.... must select lasor as weapon, also MUST set target to "missiles"... hope that helped when an enemy missile is incoming, it will shoot it...

BahamutoD, I was wondering if you have gotten around to making up a tutorial on making your one turrets & weapons yet? As I am interested in try to learn how to do it, I'm not very good so a tutorial would be essential. If not, do you know if anyone has made one up?

@Spork of Doom, have you downloaded the example unity package? Have you made parts for KSP previously, if the answer to both of these questions is yes then Its extremely easy to copy the example there, you don't have to worry about adding anything because its all there.

I've made a few of them now so a few things I can tell you is.

The only animation you really need is for recoil, known as fireAnim, unless you don't want recoil off course.

The transforms for the example in the package must be followed, so your aimRotate, and aimPitch are exactly as the example, my advice is to set it up in your modelling app before export , makes life easier.

You can duplicate and reuse the examples fire and muzzleTransforms and just drag them into your model.

multi barrel weapons are easily doable just by adding extra fire transforms etc .

Miniguns only use 1 fire and muzzle transform per rotating unit, unless you want a bullet storm effect that fires multibarrels in one go, downside to this is that you empty a magazine in seconds and the cycle times are long, due to the fact that my test example fires 16 shots at once! in a couple of seconds it's reached the maximium rounds per minute, you can increase the rpm of course but it all gets a bit silly then.

When animating a turret do not rotate the animation as part of the deploy, this seems to confuse all the rotation and fire transforms and it all gets very annoying.

If you do have a go at making weapons i'd be happy to help out with any probs

Minigun for m577apc

JYR8llA.png

BahamutoD Congrats, You're the first person that has actually made me want to use a mod since 0.18!!! I love this mod pack and because of that all Arcadian Industries Aircraft will have BD weapons and countermeasures in the future!!! Also may I make a suggestion? A Radar Jammer as a Countermeasure to AIM-120s? Well either way here's the new Spooky and Tigercat :D:D:D

aYgru7M.png

EI9stI3.png

(I Love the flares!!!!!!)

T1ocCDM.png

f5vyIGa.png

Please do keep up the good work BD!!!!

Edited by The Fleet Master

@Spork of Doom, have you downloaded the example unity package? Have you made parts for KSP previously, if the answer to both of these questions is yes then Its extremely easy to copy the example there, you don't have to worry about adding anything because its all there.

I've made a few of them now so a few things I can tell you is.

The only animation you really need is for recoil, known as fireAnim, unless you don't want recoil off course.

The transforms for the example in the package must be followed, so your aimRotate, and aimPitch are exactly as the example, my advice is to set it up in your modelling app before export , makes life easier.

You can duplicate and reuse the examples fire and muzzleTransforms and just drag them into your model.

multi barrel weapons are easily doable just by adding extra fire transforms etc .

Miniguns only use 1 fire and muzzle transform per rotating unit, unless you want a bullet storm effect that fires multibarrels in one go, downside to this is that you empty a magazine in seconds and the cycle times are long, due to the fact that my test example fires 16 shots at once! in a couple of seconds it's reached the maximium rounds per minute, you can increase the rpm of course but it all gets a bit silly then.

When animating a turret do not rotate the animation as part of the deploy, this seems to confuse all the rotation and fire transforms and it all gets very annoying.

If you do have a go at making weapons i'd be happy to help out with any probs

I have never modded before, besides minor changes to configs files in KSP and some older games in the past, and A few maps I never released for Half-Life 1 way back in the day, that's about it lol. How ever it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. And if I can't figure something out there is a great community here to help me out. When I eventually get around to doing it. I currenty got sucked back into Fallout, and started playing a lot of Destiny with a bunch of friends since it came out. Thanks for the offer of help, I'll defiantly ask you if, or should I say when I run into problems I can't solve. :D

Also, have you released any of your weapons, I really like that turret there?

I have a suggestion that I thought of while playing World of Tanks. How about adding angle detection to shells (not missiles, of course) so that the fancy sloped armor of a lot of tank designs can actually be useful.

I think a special detection might not be needed, just making use of available physics should do the trick.

I don't know if i'm being dumb and have messed this up, but i dropped the bd armoury folder into my gamedata folder and did nothing else.

I only have the ammo box for the 50cal and that's broken, i have all the other guns but i don't know if they work because they have no ammo.

Missiles work fine. Guard mode works fine but only for missiles. Flares don't fire. I can put them on the plane fine.

When i try to fire the hydra 70 a rocket disappears in the GUI thing but a rocket dosen't fire.

I can't deploy the turrets, but there's no aiming reticle for the hydra 70.

I feel like i'm being reeeaaallly dumb.

:confused:

I don't know if i'm being dumb and have messed this up, but i dropped the bd armoury folder into my gamedata folder and did nothing else.

I only have the ammo box for the 50cal and that's broken, i have all the other guns but i don't know if they work because they have no ammo.

Missiles work fine. Guard mode works fine but only for missiles. Flares don't fire. I can put them on the plane fine.

When i try to fire the hydra 70 a rocket disappears in the GUI thing but a rocket dosen't fire.

I can't deploy the turrets, but there's no aiming reticle for the hydra 70.

I feel like i'm being reeeaaallly dumb.

:confused:

Delete the BD Armory file and reinstal it and it should worke. if not there might be a mod that is not willing to worke with bd armory