[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

sooo, do the missiles track in orbit yet or....

Well the current ones do not work in orbit if that's what you mean. If fired they just fly straight forward. But in the next update there is a missile that is ment to be used in vacuum.

I've noticed that the missiles are still explosive even if they aren't flying through the air, any chance this is fixable? I'm no modder so I have no clue if this is an easy thing to do or not, but its just a suggestion.

I'm not sure what you mean. Show me a picture?

I improved the cluster bomb a bit. Now it has the flip out fins and little pop sound effects for the submunitions.

PS: I'm waiting for 0.25 before releasing an update.

Would it be possible to have a tweakables for these (and maybe other things) which control how many clusterbombs there are, their size (eg. 5lb,25lb,50lb or something) and the time before realse? The bigger and the more of the submunitions there are, the bigger and heavier the bomb is :)

Here's another thing I've been working on. Its a UI window accessible from the toolbar that has all the functions of the weapon manager. It includes a clickable weapon selection list.

Edit:

Also, this:

http://i.imgur.com/eBBCwc4.jpg

Sir, sir you are a champion, yes waiting for 0.25 is a good idea, no worries we can wait but might not be able to contain our excitement.

I've noticed that the missiles are still explosive even if they aren't flying through the air, any chance this is fixable? I'm no modder so I have no clue if this is an easy thing to do or not, but its just a suggestion.

If they're HE rockets they'll work in vacuum, because they carry both the fuel and oxidiser, though they would be less effective because they can't create a shockwave. Thermobarics on the other hand require an oxygen rich environment to burn their fuel and thus would not work in space. Nukes also wouldn't work well in space because they would only create large radiation bursts that would simply travel through a target, killing most life forms in it, but leaving the structure largely intact.

Edited by sisins2

Nukes also wouldn't work well in space because they would only create large radiation bursts that would simply travel through a target, killing most life forms in it, but leaving the structure largely intact.

I would say that makes them far more effective in space.

Putting stuff up there is expensive.

If you've the capital and infrastructure to put a nuke in space, at the structure, you can probably maintain that structure as well. It's "just" a matter of cleaning up after that, isn't it?

At any rate, a nuke contains a LOT of potential energy. If you can somehow contain and direct that energy, it can be just as destructive as it would be in an atmosphere. It would just work differently.

Can you make warheads for custom missiles? I've just made 0.675m missile for my artillery, but I had to use bombs as a charge.

Few pages ago he said he would make it to encourage creativity so I guess he made it already :)

I see you are currently planning to add a Railgun to the mod, correct? Well, could I suggest also adding a Coil Gun too?

A Coil Gun would serve as a low rate-of-fire, high-damage weapon, akin to the tank turret, but powered by electricity. It differentiates from the tank turret in that it's projectiles go faster, but weight less. It's main drawback would be power-plant mass.

I think it would be quite nice to have it to pair the railguns, but it is only a suggestion. It would probably be a bit too much effort to make one, I guess, but at least the idea is there. ;D

My opinion about futuristic weapons is the same about ww2 weapons, they are very awesome but should be included on separate patches so they don't need to be balanced against the standard ones.

And also doesn't cluster the parts list.

But yeah, Coil Gun would be very nice.

Also, what about a non-explosive tank shell, simply an oversized machine gun bullet to cause pierce damage instead of fliping over anything it touches?

I just want to point something out people, this is one of the most advanced weapon modifications ever.

It actually is the most advanced.

It has a feature named "Guard mode" where you can carry missiles on your craft, select them, and once you get near a ground (or aerial?) target it'll automatically fire a missile which will guide itself towards the target. OR you can put SAM Sites or something somewhere on kerbin and when you fly near them you're automatically being shot at by missiles or guns in mid-air. And you can use flares to try to deter missiles.

This is a great mod! Also has many more features but that's the most fun.

Sorry, said i wouldn't post anymore of these on here, but i just HAD to show off my space born carrier. Made to be used with 2 fighters and has 4 Vulcan turrets itself, it is quiet a beast. It is constructed out of armor panels, essentially the same thing as the other plates but have way OP crash tolerance and heat resistance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmpsnDGSgHc

Are different ammo types coming? Modular? Also, armour has been suggested. Penetration multipliers for types of guns and shells would be cool!

Armour Piercing, High Explosive, Armour Piercing Composit Rigid/High Velocity Armour Piercing, High Explosive Anti-Tank, High Explosive Squash Head, Shrapnel, [X] Ballistic Capped, etc.

AP - Good penetration, decent damage. Low cost

HE - Very low penetration, very high damage. Below average cost.

APCR - Better velocity, great pen, decent damage. Above Average cost.

HEAT - Doesn't loose pen over distance, maybe slower velocity, very good pen, above average damage. Above Average cost.

HESH - Good pen, high damage. Extreme cost.

Shrapnel - Low pen, low damage, shrapnel damage. Low cost.

Ballistic Capped - adds higher velocity to an ammunition and better pen. Low cost.

You could combine up to 3 different types, but the more you add the less one ammunition makes an impact. eg. APHE would have more pen than HE and more damage than AP, but would have less pen than AP and less damage than HE, like a compromise. A way to balance them would be adding more/less weight per shell the better/worse something is. The better the shell, the more it can cost in career mode, too!

I just want to point something out people, this is one of the most advanced weapon modifications ever.

It actually is the most advanced.

It has a feature named "Guard mode" where you can carry missiles on your craft, select them, and once you get near a ground (or aerial?) target it'll automatically fire a missile which will guide itself towards the target. OR you can put SAM Sites or something somewhere on kerbin and when you fly near them you're automatically being shot at by missiles or guns in mid-air. And you can use flares to try to deter missiles.

This is a great mod! Also has many more features but that's the most fun.

Absolutely, it's a truly fantastic mod with even more fantastic potential. However, the feature you mentioned - specifically being shot at by missiles - could definitely do with a few major changes. The largest of which is in a modern war type-scenario, a maximum engagement range of 5km is pathetic and I really think it can only be fun for so long, especially with FAR with the multi-mach aircraft. I'd love to be able to fly missions against Buk-style SAMs which can engage you from 20km out but the damn things aren't even loaded. I know it's a seemingly insurmountable issue but I really do think that changes to the load distance should be on the to-do/investigate possibilities list.

Actually, in v0.5.2 it's in settings.cfg in the BDArmory folder.

Who knows in 0.5.3, but for now that works.

The value is 5000 for 5 km.

Increase to 20000 to get 20 km. At your own risk.

EDIT: Unless, of course, it's a ghost option that doesn't work. Give it a go anyway.