[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

This is really cool, does it work with all kinds of missiles and Bombs?

Except the cluster bomb. That one is just too large for a Kerbal to carry. lol

Edited by Acea

I have very big problem. I think It happened because Converted textures to PNG format. and because of this mod, my computer is melting. Previously, It wasn't like that.

http://cafeptthumb1.phinf.naver.net/20141010_128/pylon123123_1412926458360v2VVK_PNG/screenshot24.png?type=w740before(0.5.2)

http://cafeptthumb1.phinf.naver.net/20141010_162/pylon123123_1412926458598lytBm_JPEG/screenshot40.png?type=w740after(0.6.0) no texture, no bullet

http://cafeptthumb1.phinf.naver.net/20141010_224/pylon123123_1412926458762uA7W9_JPEG/screenshot44.png?type=w740 all of them is just same(no texture, no bullet)

Bahamuto do you plan adding similar turret like this:

http://media.defenceindustrydaily.com/images/ORD_RWS_ORCWS_30_Firing_lg.jpg

Any 30mm nonrotary or gattling alike gun would be appreciated.

We currently don't have proper autocannon chaingun, neither fixed or swivel.

I couldn't see any of your pictures...

DeepOdyssey, I do plan on making one of those though.

Bahamuto do you plan adding similar turret like this:

http://media.defenceindustrydaily.com/images/ORD_RWS_ORCWS_30_Firing_lg.jpg

Any 30mm nonrotary or gattling alike gun would be appreciated.

We currently don't have proper autocannon chaingun, neither fixed or swivel.

Retro-Future's got a 30mm Gondola Autocannon included in the pack.

I did change the missile targeting, but I didn't know it could lock on stuff outside physics range before. In fact I even thought that I prevented that from happening before...

It is/was one of my favourite things to do. Nothing as scary as a missile coming out of nowhere messing things up. Any chance that might return or are there good reasons not to do that?

I didn't base the shape of the missile on anything, but the function was based on kinetic kill vehicles:

This looks a surprising lot like my first working hover script in kOS. It actually wasn't a true hover script, just an ascent script tied end to end to an ascent script. The result was a rather staccato form of hovering - just like in the video - although mine had a variance of about half a meter.

Things like in that video scare and excite me equal amounts. I would really love to know more about the technologies involved.

Quick tip: Use the missiles' drop time and decouple speed tweakables to safely launch missiles from cargo bays :)

The higher decouple speeds are rather amusing and prevent me from having to build Infernal Robotics contraptions to deploy bombs and missiles. They can be a bit much though, jumping bean missiles galore!

I do very much like the tweakable option, it again adds to the whole affair.

Is a real cruise missile like bgm tomahawk possible in KSP? Since there's scansat, and radar alitmetry working, i guess it's possible to make a missile with radar altimeter on board, that will scan the terrain ahead. Missile could use this map, to more or less fly over obstacles at a constant height.

Is a real cruise missile like bgm tomahawk possible in KSP? Since there's scansat, and radar alitmetry working, i guess it's possible to make a missile with radar altimeter on board, that will scan the terrain ahead. Missile could use this map, to more or less fly over obstacles at a constant height.

I feel I am repeating myself, but kOS will allow you to do that. With Steven Mading's new laser mod this should become even easier. Accuracy should be better if you look into guidance laws a little bit.

Could you further explain what the decouple speed thing is?

It pushes the rocket away, making it jump from the mount.

So it acts like a delay for the launching the missiles?

Decouple speed is the speed that the missile gets pushed away from whatever it is attached to.

Drop time is the delay time before the engine starts.

How i can circumvent the kraken? I never asked for this.

Setting physics to 100 kilometre is optimistic, so expect trouble. If it were easy to circumvent Squad might very well have fixed it already.

Have you tried setting smaller ranges?

alt+b

And 100km is maximum, i managed to modify HKEV so it will still hit targets at 75km, you just need to make sure it accelerates slowly, over a longer period of time.

Like I asked before, did you try setting smaller distances? Going all-in might not be the wisest thing. Try reducing the setting and see it is helps.

Any chance that might return or are there good reasons not to do that?

I forgot I can fix this myself with the physics range, though I cannot think of an argument why targets out of range could not be targeted. Then again, I have not tried making a mod that does this.

Ahh physics range issues.. Yes those are some of the things I warned about. I haven't dug too deep into trying to fix them yet.

Unrelated-

I've done several minor fixes for a small update that I will release soon, but here's a small useless thing that I just added because it is cool: (the sound missiles make when they are booking it towards you)

(reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-uWMXy4Nnc&t=55s)

Edited by BahamutoD

This is honestly the third request I've made for something like this TODAY but could you try to make a manned Frazer-Nash or Boulton Paul Aircraft turret like this - (perhaps with an iva too :D....)

An_air_gunner_of_No._264_Squadron_RAF_about_to_enter_the_gun_turret_of_his_Boulton_Paul_Defiant_Mk_I_at_Kirton-in-Lindsey,_Lincolnshire,_August_1940._CH874.jpg

Boulton-Paul+Defiant+turret.jpg

220px-Martin_250_CE_23A_dorsal_turret_on_Lancaster.jpg

AND Make it radially attached. Then my world would be complete :3

Edited by MightyDarkStar