[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I look forward to what you are able to find hidden away in the log files BahamutoD.

I featured this mod and your vector engine with AfterBurner last night on my thread as with the missile, bomb and Howitzer changes that I have done.

Also on more thing that I've found out while firing from ground to ground. The missile quickly starts to aim at the target instead of arc upward over hills and other stuff. How hard would it be to set up a time delay before it starts to seek out the target to allow the missile to soar skyward before crashing down onto the target? Was testing shooting at something 20-30km from KSC and it slammed into the side of the hill just outside of the flatland of KSC. I was thinking a work around for now would to adjust the turn rate so it would take time to adjust to arc nicely but once it gets closer it would most likely miss the target unless it was the cluster load-out, or had a huge explosion range.

just tested out a theory with BD armoury and burn together and B9 HL parts...

let's just say i have a plane with 32 (yes 32) cluster bombs on it and it's a pig to turn in atmo but it flys (ish) and check out how much damage two did

just a fyi i had 0.2 fps when the clusterbombs finally hit the KSC

Javascript is disabled. View full album

oh they don't have a pic with the bomber with bombs on it... eh it'll do. those sturts hold four cluster bombs each. so it goes to 32. i tried adding 5 each but that was too heavy.

i noticed that's 64 cluster bombs... wow

Edited by AntiMatter001

Hey BahamutoD is there any way you can put in a rotating Bomb bay, Like the one on the F-22 Raptor or the B-2 Spirit?

Just download Infernal Robotics and you can do that without needing to put more of a work load on BahamutoD here. I was able to put a completely rotating bay (entire bay rotated) with IR and Spaceplane Plus before .25 released.

I absolutely love this mod! Out matching skillfull by far!(in my eyes)

But, may I make a suggestion?

After seeing spanner's boomsticks mod, with the giant supercannon, may we see some giant massive orbital super lasers of awesomeness in the near future? (like sticking 30 USAF lasers together!)

just tested out a theory with BD armoury and burn together and B9 HL parts...

let's just say i have a plane with 32 (yes 32) cluster bombs on it and it's a pig to turn in atmo but it flys (ish) and check out how much damage two did

just a fyi i had 0.2 fps when the clusterbombs finally hit the KSC

http://imgur.com/a/ubb27

oh they don't have a pic with the bomber with bombs on it... eh it'll do. those sturts hold four cluster bombs each. so it goes to 32. i tried adding 5 each but that was too heavy.

i noticed that's 64 cluster bombs... wow

I would drop those structure cubes in favor of something that looks more like a pylon rack. I use the actual pylons from KSP to attach my weapons. As seen here on my RSS install A-5 Guinea Fowl attack plane.

Or in the F-12 Flapjack multirole fighter.

In one configuration I think I could mount 25 bombs under the wings.

Those are old pics of those craft, bit you get the idea.

BahamutoD, I noticed that the amraams are very large. In real life they are the length of a m82 and the sidewinders are slightly shorter than the amraams.

This is plain wrong.

Mark 82 length: 2,21 m

AIM-9M length: 2,87 m

AIM-120 length: 3,66 m

Sources:

http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/dumb/mk82.htm

http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/missile/aim-9.htm

http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/missile/aim-120.htm

Just download Infernal Robotics and you can do that without needing to put more of a work load on BahamutoD here. I was able to put a completely rotating bay (entire bay rotated) with IR and Spaceplane Plus before .25 released.

Was just asking, It's His mod so if he want's to add it is his choice

Or in the F-12 Flapjack multirole fighter.

http://imgur.com/a/7k1ck

In one configuration I think I could mount 25 bombs under the wings.

Those are old pics of those craft, bit you get the idea.

Where did you get the cockpit for this? I remember seeing it once, but can't find it now.

I have to say, this mod is great, better the laser system (way more simpler) and a good alternative to ID (thought ID have that damage system).

The guard mode and the alternate lunch from the weapon system is just genius.

I need to try something, report back later.

Any plans for Warships? Submarines? Boats? Torpedos?

As in true naval guns? You can make warships now, but gonna have to deal with tiny guns.

A 105 mm Howitzer would be a 10cm naval cannon, the ones on Battleships can (In my opinion, should) be 45cm. (Or bigger)

Subs are possible, especially with Hooligan labs. You can make deck guns and missiles will occasionally work as torpedoes. Sometimes, they just blow up the entire thing. But that's part of the "collision" bug or whatever with Hellfires particularly, same can happen on planes.

It is also perfectly possible to make "cruise missiles" or even nuclear ones, as long as you have some part for that.

Edited by Aerolfos

Update

v0.6.1.2

- Fix: Bullets don't despawn instantly with stock phys range

- Tentative Fix: Landed vessels don't crash through terrain with large phys range setting

- Tentative Fix: Rendezvousing with vessels in orbit won't make their velocity match you on vessel load

Notes:

So I think I fixed those phys range issues. Please test on a save you don't really care about. I'm hopeful though. Some incentive: The sooner we can confirm that the phys range issues are gone, the sooner we can start working on super long range weapons like BVR missiles, rail guns, etc. So please report back! Thanks!

Update

v0.6.1.2

- Fix: Bullets don't despawn instantly with stock phys range

- Tentative Fix: Landed vessels don't crash through terrain with large phys range setting

- Tentative Fix: Rendezvousing with vessels in orbit won't make their velocity match you on vessel load

Notes:

So I think I fixed those phys range issues. Please test on a save you don't really care about. I'm hopeful though. Some incentive: The sooner we can confirm that the phys range issues are gone, the sooner we can start working on super long range weapons like BVR missiles, rail guns, etc. So please report back! Thanks!

Weird, I have never had those Issues before.

While playing career last night, I found that there is still an issue when rendezvousing with vessels. When they load, their velocity suddenly jumps to whatever velocity your vessel is. For example, I was in a suborbital trajectory on an intersect course with a stranded kerbal in orbit, and when we came within loading distance, the kerbal was suddenly in a suborbital trajectory as well. This most likely has to do with the physics range extension feature of BDArmory.

Ah, that's where this bug is coming from. I was just wondering which kraken killed two of my comSats by changing the orbit.