[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Ah, that's where this bug is coming from. I was just wondering which kraken killed two of my comSats by changing the orbit.

Try the new update (v0.6.1.2) but make sure you have a quicksave first. I did some preliminary tests and it looked okay, but you never know...

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for all the effort you've put into this mod. I've had a lot of fun trying to pack as much weaponry as I can inside cargo compartments as I can. So far this is my best result:

DGG9lWW.png

Above, in a single Mk2 Cargo Bay CRG-08 I've fit (can't see all of them in the screen shot):

• 4x AGM-114 Hellfire
  • 2x Mk82
  • 2x Mk82 SnakeEye (on top, not visible)
  • 2x Cluster Bomb
  • 2x AIM-9 Sidewinder

To fit them all in, I had to use a docking and a "free" washer from IR (to rotate the chosen ordinance to the bottom if necessary), a couple Jr docking ports, an 'I' beam, and TweakScale to get its length just right so it would self dock (to support it on both ends).

Anyway, thanks again for the mod, and keep up the good work.

HI, so i have a joystick and i want to map fire to my trigger (joystickButton 0) but the turret doesn't follow action groups? how do i map my joystick to instead of mouse button 0 to trigger/ joystick burron 0?

BVR missiles? Is that something like the MLRS line of missiles I've been working on? And any clue as to the trouble I've ran into with my testing of the Cluster Missile?

No. BVR stands for 'Beyond Visual Range'. Air-to-air missiles like the AIM-7 Sparrow, the AIM-120 AMRAAM and the AIM-54 Phoenix are classified as beyond visual range missiles. They can acquire targets and be fired well before visual acquisition of the target aircraft, out to ranges beyone 37km. Your MLRS missiles/rockets would probably be classified as NLOS (non-line of sight) or indirect fire missiles/rockets.

BahamutoD, I made a AGM-84 Harpoon. I know it's not part of my Russian pack but I thought there should be one.

Also here is a preliminary test of the AS-6 Kingfish. It weighs 4 metric tons and makes a big nasty boom. Is there a way to increase the explosion animation? If not I may have to nerf the explosive power.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Eskandare
more stuff

Great mod!!! I love it but, every time I update it every craft that has weapons on it gets locked and I can't access them. You updated it so often, which shows that you care about it but every time I loose my craft. Is there something I'm doing wrong or something I can do to avoid this??? Help!!!! I love this mod, I even used it in a video on youtube, but if this keeps happening I will have to stop. It's just too much work to remove everything or modify the craft files when you update almost every week.

No. BVR stands for 'Beyond Visual Range'. Air-to-air missiles like the AIM-7 Sparrow, the AIM-120 AMRAAM and the AIM-54 Phoenix are classified as beyond visual range missiles. They can acquire targets and be fired well before visual acquisition of the target aircraft, out to ranges beyone 37km. Your MLRS missiles/rockets would probably be classified as NLOS (non-line of sight) or indirect fire missiles/rockets.

Ah ok, thanks it all makes sense now, and yea I guess the MLRS missiles would be indirect fire missiles since unlike the real life versions I have active seeking on the cluster and warhead rockets. With the fact that I'd like to fire at targets beyond 37km and maybe even stretching to 70km like the real version and maybe even beyond what the real life version can fire and go to 100km.

However the more and more I fire from the ground at ground targets the more I learn that the current missile system is only made for air to ground, air to air, or ground to air engagements. As with ground to ground engagements the missile does not take into account anything between the target and the fire point. For ground to ground launches it would be nice to have a settable height that the missile reaches before it starts to track Kinda like how the cluster bomb fires its bomblets. But in order to make that happen it would require time and testing.

However the more and more I fire from the ground at ground targets the more I learn that the current missile system is only made for air to ground, air to air, or ground to air engagements. As with ground to ground engagements the missile does not take into account anything between the target and the fire point. For ground to ground launches it would be nice to have a settable height that the missile reaches before it starts to track Kinda like how the cluster bomb fires its bomblets. But in order to make that happen it would require time and testing.

Perhaps you could re-purpose the cluster bomb code and make a 2 stage missile. Stage 1 boost stage: missile flys as high as possible with a VERY large turn radius to allow guidance towards the target a little bit. After reaching about 1.5km up (tweakable) or when it runs out of fuel stage 2 kicks in and stage 1 seperates offering full maneuverability to target with about half the power of the first engine.

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for all the effort you've put into this mod. I've had a lot of fun trying to pack as much weaponry as I can inside cargo compartments as I can. So far this is my best result:

http://i.imgur.com/DGG9lWW.png

Above, in a single Mk2 Cargo Bay CRG-08 I've fit (can't see all of them in the screen shot):

• 4x AGM-114 Hellfire
  • 2x Mk82
  • 2x Mk82 SnakeEye (on top, not visible)
  • 2x Cluster Bomb
  • 2x AIM-9 Sidewinder

To fit them all in, I had to use a docking and a "free" washer from IR (to rotate the chosen ordinance to the bottom if necessary), a couple Jr docking ports, an 'I' beam, and TweakScale to get its length just right so it would self dock (to support it on both ends).

Anyway, thanks again for the mod, and keep up the good work.

upon what poor, unfortunate object are you going to unleash that can of whoop-ass?

I try the guard mod with burn together...

As expected, as soon as my fellow tank get in rang, it started to shoot at the opposite team tank.

It was cool and open many possibilities for KSP movie maker.

Perhaps you could re-purpose the cluster bomb code and make a 2 stage missile. Stage 1 boost stage: missile flys as high as possible with a VERY large turn radius to allow guidance towards the target a little bit. After reaching about 1.5km up (tweakable) or when it runs out of fuel stage 2 kicks in and stage 1 seperates offering full maneuverability to target with about half the power of the first engine.

Sadly I do not know if that is possible, and the cluster bomb is only settable as high as 1000 (I think). I am not very good with programming and I do not like the possibility of diving head first into relearning it right away. HOWEVER I've always wanted to learn to be a game programming and maybe if I just get out of being lazy I dive in feet first and can pick up were i left off from in IntelliTec oh so long ago with MS visual basic and other pre 2004 programming languages.

i know ive bothered people enough but a turret like an xm105 common remotely operated weapon system would be amazing. and an xm37 or the later version would be great. also, great mod, thanks. :D

Edited by will 146

Many people were asking me this, so here the part.cfg for the

:

You KAS to get it working.

PART

{

// Kerbal Space Program - Part Config

//

//

// --- general parameters ---

name = bahaGatlingGunmini

module = Part

author = BahamutoD

// --- asset parameters ---

mesh = model.mu

rescaleFactor = 0.2

// --- node definitions ---

node_attach = 0.0, -0.397, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0

// --- editor parameters ---

TechRequired = precisionEngineering

entryCost = 2100

cost = 950

category = Utility

subcategory = 0

title = Vulcan Turret Mini

manufacturer = Bahamuto Dynamics

description = A 6 barrel 20x102mm rotary cannon, for Kerbals.

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision

attachRules = 0,1,0,0,1

// --- standard part parameters ---

mass = 0.04

dragModelType = default

maximum_drag = 0.2

minimum_drag = 0.2

angularDrag = 2

crashTolerance = 25

maxTemp = 3600

stagingIcon = SOLID_BOOSTER

MODULE

{

name = BahaTurret

//fireKey = mouse 0

fireSoundPath = BDArmory/Parts/20mmVulcan/sounds/VulcanCannon

overheatSoundPath = BDArmory/Parts/20mmVulcan/sounds/VulcanEnd

oneShotSound = false

deployAnimName = deploy

hasFireAnimation = true

fireAnimName = fireAnim

spinDownAnimation = true

yawTransformName = aimRotate

pitchTransformName = aimPitch

roundsPerMinute = 2000

accuracy = 10

bulletMass = 4.85e-5

bulletVelocity = 1000

ammoName = 20x102Ammo

requestResourceAmount = 1

maxTargetingRange = 5000

bulletDrop = true

projectileColor = 255, 200, 0, 255 //RGBA 0-255 (default is red)

shellScale = 0.32

minPitch = -30

maxPitch = 60

yawRange = 90

onlyFireInRange = true

instakill = true

maxHeat = 3600

heatPerShot = 18

heatLoss = 820

tracerStartWidth = 0.1

tracerEndWidth = 0.01

}

RESOURCE

{

name = 20x102Ammo

amount = 1000

maxAmount = 1000

}

MODULE

{

name = CFEnable

}

MODULE

{

name = KASModuleGrab

evaPartPos = (0.15, 0.0, 0.2)

evaPartDir = (0,90,0)

storable = true

storedSize = 1

attachOnPart = True

attachOnEva = False

attachOnStatic = True

customGroundPos = True

dropPartPos = (0.0, 0.2, 0.4)

dropPartRot = (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)

}

}

@BahamutoD

Any chance you have the time and will make some proper gun/rifle models? Or someone else?

Sadly I do not know if that is possible, and the cluster bomb is only settable as high as 1000 (I think). I am not very good with programming and I do not like the possibility of diving head first into relearning it right away. HOWEVER I've always wanted to learn to be a game programming and maybe if I just get out of being lazy I dive in feet first and can pick up were i left off from in IntelliTec oh so long ago with MS visual basic and other pre 2004 programming languages.

I honestly think the hardest part of all of that is getting the 2 stages to have different turn radii and I'm also sure that the cluster bomb code can be adjusted to have a higher altitude available. And I kind of feel bad to say this but you would definitely have more luck than me in terms of doing this since I have almost zero experience with game code closest I've come is adjusting resolution of KSP to allow it to work in fullscreen when I first got it still looked at the code and said "I'm not touching anything other than what I was told to get this to how I want." Though it might not be a bad idea to try and do this myself and get into coding/modding. Of course I say that and my first thought after is "good joke".

I think flares should only work for heat seeking missiles, and chaff should only work for homing missiles. It makes sense because heat seeking missiles seek heat, flares are hot so they confuse the infered sensor on the missile. And chaff (which is basically just bits of tinfoil shooting out of your plane) confuses the homing missiles. Also i think this mod should have a tomahawk cruise missile which is a "ground to ground" missile that doesn't run on rocket fuel. The missile runs on liquid fuel and intake air which means they have a longer range, you can shoot one from a submarine 1,500 miles to a target!

Are debris counted as missiles by the Guard mode?

I don't believe so, while I was testing the Goalkeepers, I had one tank set to vehicles, and the other on missiles. They were both fine with letting the debris crash into the ground.