[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

There's an example unity package linked in the first post, you could try looking for pointers there. I wish I could help you more, but unfortunately my vast pile of knowledge is pretty much limited to taking a quick look at the source code and recompiling the dll with a handful of changes :P

Edited by Yski

Probably a totally unwarranted post, but just installed the mod and am absolutely loving it :D

Already weaponizing space!

http://i.imgur.com/jkDCyor.jpg?1

Remember only the guns and the HeKV work in space. The other missiles will fire but have no guidance so they will only hit if carefully lined up. This mod is primarily designed for use on the planet.

Just thought you ought to know.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, when I get 200-300 meters out, My aircraft goes out- of- control, turns off my S.A.S. for the rest of the flight, and my view goes to the end of the craft. Does this go with you said or no?

Can you please be more specific and give us a list of all mods you are using

More over, that's a treaty made by humans. That being said, kerbals are supposed to be a peaceful species with a single goverment, so they probably wouldn't even think of weapons to begin with, unless someone dares suggest not adding more boosters :P

OK, lots of requests already, but I simply have to ask.

Will there be any form of Auto-cannons?

I know you can mod configs, I sort of have (Not balanced though) but of course graphics, models and actual proper attachment... I don't know enough to do any and have it look good :P

Also, cyclic fire/repetition cannons, will this be a thing? So one could put 4 Howitzers and have an automatic(-ish) Doomâ„¢ Cannon?

Remember only the guns and the HeKV work in space. The other missiles will fire but have no guidance so they will only hit if carefully lined up. This mod is primarily designed for use on the planet.

Just thought you ought to know.

Hehe, I've been doing some experimenting with the missiles so far... Shooting one while in orbit is a mistake, as if the trajectory is right she'll come up to greet you from behind very shortly afterwards. I've been setting up auto guns on a lot of my space stations now, though need to remember to pack lots of Mono as they'll push you around a bit in space.

But yeah they work nicely on that little ship, as it's a VTOL SSTO... You can fly down into atmo for a bombing run, then (hopefully) make it back to the orbital platform for refuelling.. :P

OK, lots of requests already, but I simply have to ask.

Will there be any form of Auto-cannons?

I know you can mod configs, I sort of have (Not balanced though) but of course graphics, models and actual proper attachment... I don't know enough to do any and have it look good :P

Also, cyclic fire/repetition cannons, will this be a thing? So one could put 4 Howitzers and have an automatic(-ish) Doomâ„¢ Cannon?

doomish cannons? hell yeah! also couldn't you just do that with the srf attach howitzers and assign them a separate fire key via action groups?

well the fire keys are all wired up to the mouse so i think it would not be "boom boom boom boom" but "BOOM!!!!!!"

You could alternate between them and shoot while the other weapons reload.

But they go back to stationary position and you will lose a bit of time with that.

Hehe, I've been doing some experimenting with the missiles so far... Shooting one while in orbit is a mistake, as if the trajectory is right she'll come up to greet you from behind very shortly afterwards. I've been setting up auto guns on a lot of my space stations now, though need to remember to pack lots of Mono as they'll push you around a bit in space.

But yeah they work nicely on that little ship, as it's a VTOL SSTO... You can fly down into atmo for a bombing run, then (hopefully) make it back to the orbital platform for refuelling.. :P

Remember Kethane/Karbonite to make that station self-sufficient!

Oh wait, only Karbonite lets you do the collection thing with a scoop. Ok Karbonite then!

Or, you know, just send up lots of rockets with fuel. i guess that works.

(But those are 5 mins not spent on waging war!)

Anyone know if you can have more than 2 teams now? Me and a group of friends were gonna take a shot at getting this working on a DMP server, and it would be pretty sweet if we could have a mass scale free-for-all dogfight at the end. Just asking :)

Doesn't work in DMP (or at least it didn't a month ago) from what me an HOCgaming could tell.

Here's the latest post on the subject. Basically, there's no official DMP support, so no guarantees on anything working.

I think it would take a bit more than balance fixes to get this to work for multiplayer. None of the code is written to handle multiplayer, so there's no way that certain factors like the random chance of bullets causing damage, the chance of missiles acquiring flares, and other things calculated internally by the mod will be synchronized across the network. I notice that in >1.6.0 of DMP, there is "Initial support for other mods to interface with DMP and send data over the DMP network." so it would indeed be possible, but seeing as how I am still developing BDA, and major changes/additions may come in future updates, it might be premature to start a fork for multiplayer. I'm not stopping you, but keep in mind that if I make updates that you want to have in your multiplayer fork, you would have to implement them yourself.

My plan was to wait for official KSP multiplayer to drop, and then start the whole conversion process, instead of doing all the work to make it DMP compatible when I (or whoever) would have to do the work again to make it KSPM compatible.

Again, I won't stop you, but my suggestion is to wait it out a bit.

Edited by Yski

Oh hey EnterElysium is here!

Love the ksp and rimworld series.

Not so sure in Europa universalis but meh can't have everything lol

yes EE is here lol and ditto but please remain on topic :P

how come bahamoto hasn't replied in like forever? is he just busy? o.O if he is then he's a very busy body.

i ask this because i'd like to know if my thought/idea has been tried before or not.

Doesn't work in DMP (or at least it didn't a month ago) from what me an HOCgaming could tell.

Working on this, also my MP variant of BDA will have at least 8 teams u can select from once implemented fully.

Ofc before any of this is a reality BDA needs to be modified to work with DPM, since DPM does not sync things like bullets (believe me ive tried!). Missiles DO WORK, but are extremely buggy and more or less require stationary targets as they NEED a direct hit on the CLIENT that takes damage. Whether i see the hit or not is not important, the way DPM currently works is that a client can only be damaged if he seen the object hit on his side and his client actually calculates damage. Sucks for combat in general, as then lag becomes a massive issue, and anyone who isnt 100% in sync with you is more or less impossible to hit short of a massivs shrapnel shotgun (my new stock weapon or choice, 200 sepratrons, one HAS TO HIT!

Anyways, while i have TEMPORARILY shelved my MP mod, since BDA as is, isnt going to work much if at all, the work i did do is quite promising. Ive switched from a random % kill to a heat damage model. Bullets will heat up the target, and if enough hits connect in a certain timespan, the part will be overheated. While its not truly how bullets work (lets just say ist some sci-fi energy weapon heat damage), i feel its alot more fun and allows multiple playstyles to work. Do you want to have a quick hard to hit flier thats a easy kill once hit, or do you want a massive heavy tank that requires focused fire to take down, but is so heavy that it is more or less unable to move? My model also makes part types much more important, for example structural panels are way better then fuel tanks of

Finally, once i fix a few small bugs, im gonna upload a heat damage model version of this mod (no removal of cheat options for MP, ect), and id really liek to see what the community thinks of it, as it is in my opinion much better and offers more depth (the only way to defend against current model is sheer redundancy, all tanks will be gunbeds with 10+ cannons to keep it viable after half is shot up if combat even becomes semi competitive). So once up, ill need some brave testers to see how the new model works, and whether its balanced in terms of how much the specific guns do (still gotta buff those 50s and not buff the 30 at the same time, if i make 50s useful the 30 becomes insanely OP).

Talking about different versions, I made one with lasers that scale down based on distance instead of flat out stopping at around 2km. I also extended their range all the way to the physics range and added a variable that controls how quickly the damage falls of the the part's config file. As a result, lasers behave more or less like they would in real life, and I can finally get my 50km+ laser action going :D

And no, that does not mean every laser weapon can now wreck everything within a 50km radius, I just made it so they can easily be modified to do so. It's just as easy to make the damage fall off at around 2km mark.

I sent Baha a pull request, so I guess that makes it my first official modding contribution!

..though I only really wanted some long range weapons for myself :P

Edited by Yski

Talking about different versions, I made one with lasers that scale down based on distance instead of flat out stopping at around 2km. I also extended their range all the way to the physics range and added a variable that controls how quickly the damage falls of the the part's config file. As a result, lasers behave more or less like they would in real life, and I can finally get my 50km+ laser action going :D

And no, that does not mean every laser weapon can now wreck everything within a 50km radius, I just made it so they can easily be modified to do so. It's just as easy to make the damage fall off at around 2km mark.

I sent Baha a pull request, so I guess that makes it my first official modding contribution!

..though I only really wanted some long range weapons for myself :P

It looks promising. I will most likely merge it. Thanks!!

panzer1b, I kinda like the heat damage idea. If your tests go well, I'd be happy to merge it as well.

Edited by BahamutoD

Hey baha, a small bug, I set the decouple speed on HEKV to 8 and droptime to 1 and whenever I hold the mouse to fire, it doesn't take in the decouplespeed, however when done manually, it works fine.

Edited by Eclipse842

I am currently on a server with my friends. It does work at times. You won't see bullets from another player in an active vessel, and not missiles either.. so dogfights don't work. Apart from the fact DMP rarely ever loads/shows flying vessels.. so basically you're flying alone for the most part.

Assaulting a base another player setup with guard mode works better though, as long as there's nobody controlling it.. if so it just respawns and glitches out and hops all over, impossible to destroy D: