[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

First, MUCH thanks for creating this mod. It is the bestest thing ever.

Secondly, a question... Is there any chance you might someday be willing to reconfigure the laser such that, instead of immediately doing damage, it heats up the part it hits?

This would be much more realistic for space, as that is closer how the laser would actually work. It would also allow, realistically, for thermally robust parts to survive better.

Also, any chance of damage/heat effect on target reducing with distance? This would be realistic for both the guns and the laser.

Again, MUCH thanks for making this mod. I'm very happy with it as is. Just throwing ideas out there.

Huh? I've never seen that before... All you did was change the accuracy number? Try replacing it fresh and doing it over again.

Thank you for response. I thought it was made by openGl mode but it still occur after deleting and installing it from new download. Only thing I have noticed with fresh install is that this yellow squares follow strictly after "real' bullet. Maybe it is caused by aggressive texture management mod... I will have to try install it on fresh install.

I love the seismic charge. :) Would that be possible to use a similar code for a small tactical nuke (like B61)? The real one has a yield that can be tweaked from 0.3 to 80kT (that's the tactical version, the strategic one can go bigger), so that might be a nice feature, too.

since I haven't been active recently and all my ideas have been made, apache gun, rocket pods , A10 minigun. So I decided a new idea....

..............................................................................BRACE FOR AWESOMENESS...........................................................................

Ship guns.

everyone will be like oooh but you cant make ships but you can also they will say you cant make STOCK ships weelll you can, enter Elysium made a stock ship using BD armoury so I would love something like 10 inch triples and so on (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railgun plz?).

since I haven't been active recently and all my ideas have been made, apache gun, rocket pods , A10 minigun. So I decided a new idea....

..............................................................................BRACE FOR AWESOMENESS...........................................................................

Ship guns.

everyone will be like oooh but you cant make ships but you can also they will say you cant make STOCK ships weelll you can, enter Elysium made a stock ship using BD armoury so I would love something like 10 inch triples and so on (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railgun plz?).

Yes, big massive triple-barreled cannons would be badass, but making sea-faring vessels, especially large ones, is pretty impractical. I wold prefer if the main focus for weapons is still for aircraft, land vehicles and space vehicles.

However, Spanners Boomsticks contains a few weapons from navy vessels, so maybe you could give that a spin.

Since Rods from the Gods is dead (to my knowledge) I was thinking you should resurrect it by adding a Kinetic Bombardment weapon. and some rockets to launch it

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Side-note:

If Rods from the Gods is NOT dead and for the current version, post a link?

I present to you the Seismic Charge bomb:

(I'll release it with the next update)

Yes! Give it to me, NOW!

Just kidding, that is awesome. It's nice that I came up with this, now I feel I contributed something useful for this mod, besides the videos.

Btw, it looks like the bomb needs to hit something to explode. Could you add a timer for mid air explosions?

Edited by Space Scumbag

Could you make it so that changes made in the toolbar menu are reflected in all the weapon manager parts? I frequently put more than one weapon manager on my AAs since it improves their survivability but afaik if you enable guard mode from the menu it only enables it for one part. The rest has to be done by hand.

While this Seismic Charge bomb looks good, I don't really know if it fits the overall balance of the current stock pack.

Maybe have these futuristic weapons as a separate pack?

I have to agree with that right there.

Yeah, that's the idea.

That is just awesome.

Btw, I am testing this on multiplayer, and this just works surprisingly good.

In fact, the only thing is that at the begin it was hard to learn how to dogfight, which does not have anything to do with this mod.

Now it's even possible to pick guns without aiming (like the hidden vulcan) and take down other people's aircraft.

They "respawn" at full vessel update ticks, but I see them being blown up when I hit them.

Which is not that bad for training, as I just keep taking them down over and over, haha.

Edited by tetryds

In the youtube vid description he said that he will work on Sci-Fi stuff later, but making a seismic charge was too good to pass up.

Yes, plus the folks at R&D are having some trouble developing stable advanced weapons.

Anyways, I need to work on guard mode a bit more, and see if contracts are possible.

Edited by BahamutoD

Maybe add an aim dispersion circle/reticle (or replace the green aim thing with it) that would signify where your shots can go. It would bloom more when you:

- Move the turret/gun (Slight bloom)

- Move your vechicle forward/back (Medium bloom)

- Move your vechicle left/right (Medium bloom)

- Point your vechicle up/down (Large bloom)

- Roll your vechicle (Slight bloom)

- Shoot (Bloom depends on calibre, with .50s and 20mms having very low bloom, 30mms having low bloom, and anything that isn't considered an MG having anywhere between medium to large bloom)

They all would add up. Every gun would have a minimum dispersion, an accuracy bloom factor, a re-aiming time factor, and some might have specific bloom causes be more/less significant (For example, goalkeeper could have a minimum dispersion of 8, a bloom factor of 0.5, and a shooting bloom factor of 0.25 to compensate for it's great RPM, and a re-aiming factor of 5.0 to make it take longer to re-aim after the accuracy goes up, making burst fire a better choice and thus the guard mode not as OP because it wouldn't use more advanced tactics).

You could also make it so that when you are moving over 100 m/s and in an atmosphere, the aiming is better on MGs as planes would be UP if they would get the same penalty as, for example, tanks.

you sure make some awesome mods bahamuto. i have a suggestion for ground based missiles, not sure if its possible within the current plugin parameters, but i was thinking a laser designation somewhat like the older romfarer missile mod where the missile follows your mouse path when not locked onto a target. (in that old mod i don't think locking on to a position on the ground was possible but it was possible to lock the lazor angle make the missile follow a certain path or make it track to the mouse location). also the weapons manager won't fire guns with the control group action group "fire"

you sure make some awesome mods bahamuto. i have a suggestion for ground based missiles, not sure if its possible within the current plugin parameters, but i was thinking a laser designation somewhat like the older romfarer missile mod where the missile follows your mouse path when not locked onto a target. (in that old mod i don't think locking on to a position on the ground was possible but it was possible to lock the lazor angle make the missile follow a certain path or make it track to the mouse location). also the weapons manager won't fire guns with the control group action group "fire"

Honestly I am not sure how I feel about that idea, it is cool but it is also why I didn't care for the Romfar Lazor mod. It was an auto-hit button, I like the Fire and Forget weapons now.