[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I may sound terse, but to me, the only "nuke" I need is basically an overpowered larger version of an existing bomb in this mod, like the snake eye so that pilots can get away in time or something like that. I mean, it's ok to like really scale down the firepower, this is ksp: its meant to be the fun sized version of real life! ;)

What is the facination with nukes? I don't get it. First off the physics range would have to be set almost 10 times what the current setting is for you to use them to any affect without destroying your own craft. And secondly only ONE nation in history has ever used them, and they only used two and they are 1/100 the power of a modern nuclear warhead.

Me neither, I don't really think that nukes are fun or whatsoever.

Maybe it's the propaganda made about them.

But they are definitelly not cool.

I remember seeing a docudrama when I was a kid on the BBC called "Threads" that show was perhaps the most realistic examples of what a modern nuclear attack is like.

I agree with everyone opposed to nukes. I don't think nukes would add anything interesting, and I don't think they belong in this mod.

Regarding futuristic weapons: personally, I'm primarily interested in additional "near-future" weapons intended for use in orbit, along the lines of the HE-KV-1 and Airborne Laser, as opposed to Sci-Fi weapons like seismic bombs.

If you dont like nukes then why are the other weapons of this mod ok, it makes no sense whatsoever. Is dropping Mk82 Snakeeyes better? It is a game, not reality, and games are there to have fun with the things we normally not do in life or not be able to do. Nukes are pretty cool, the reallife effects are certainly not cool BUT they have a certain fascination to them. The awesome power and the way they explode are indeed very fascinating.

About chilling things to watch about the threat of nuclear holocaust watch Failsafe the original 1960's TV play or the 2000's remake.

Edited by tetryds

If you dont like nukes then why are the other weapons of this mod ok, it makes no sense whatsoever. Is dropping Mk82 Snakeeyes better? It is a f.. game, not reality, and games are there to have fun with the things we normally not do in life or not be able to do. Nukes are pretty cool, the reallife effects are certainly not cool BUT they have a certain fascination to them. The awesome power and the way they explode are indeed very fascinating.

About chilling things to watch about the threat of nuclear holocaust watch Failsafe the original 1960's TV play or the 2000's remake.

There is a difference between conventional weapons and weapons of mass destruction.

A Mk82 Snakeeye or a CBU-68 is a conventional weapon, there damage is limited. The B-61 or B-83 are not limited in the same sense.

I just dont see a point in having a weapon that can destroy everything in the 5km physics load range with ease, being something that is needed in this mod.

There is a difference between conventional weapons and weapons of mass destruction.

A Mk82 Snakeeye or a CBU-68 is a conventional weapon, there damage is limited. The B-61 or B-83 are not limited in the same sense.

I just dont see a point in having a weapon that can destroy everything in the 5km physics load range with ease, being something that is needed in this mod.

I am familiar with the difference between conventional and thermonuclear weapons. A nuke would just be the cherry on top, it doesn't have to fulfill any sensible role, because it is clearly OP, but it would still be fun for most people.

What is the facination with nukes? I don't get it. First off the physics range would have to be set almost 10 times what the current setting is for you to use them to any affect without destroying your own craft. And secondly only ONE nation in history has ever used them, and they only used two and they are 1/100 the power of a modern nuclear warhead.

Is there anything wrong to be fascinated with nukes? I'm not demanding that strategic nukes should be added right now. We're just discussing how nukes should work when it somehow gets added.

You are absolutely correct about load range. Unless we really have beefy, powerful and cheap computers in the near future we won't manage it. Moreover, i wasn't talking about HUGE strategic nukes (I said they they would simply cause a "Game Over" screen when one is made/researched) exploding. The smallest US nuke, the Davy Crockett with the W54 warhead only has a radius of about 137 meters, it could definitely be added into the game just with a little fiddling around with the strength of a bomb.

And one nation in history only dropped two nukes in war. So? Should we really conform to history?

Really though, thinking about it, Nukes would really unbalance the mod. Don't think it's a good idea unless anti-aircraft systems can easily intercept or destroy it.

I am familiar with the difference between conventional and thermonuclear weapons. A nuke would just be the cherry on top, it doesn't have to fulfill any sensible role, because it is clearly OP, but it would still be fun for most people.

I would personally rather not having it at all than having to go "no nukes" all the time when using this mod on multiplayer (which is incredibly fun, everybody should try it).

Development time of this mod could be put on things that actually improve it without ruining any possible future balance.

I would personally rather not having it at all than having to go "no nukes" all the time when using this mod on multiplayer (which is incredibly fun, everybody should try it).

Development time of this mod could be put on things that actually improve it without ruining any possible future balance.

Simply make a rule: No nukes while playing multiplayer, I don't see a problem with that.

Simply make a rule: No nukes while playing multiplayer, I don't see a problem with that.

Then it wold be better as a separate pack exclusivelly for it that can be easily blacklisted on a multiplayer server (using DMP as reference).

Hello everyone! - My DMP alert was set off.

I've definitely got a little way to go before I can work on supporting other mods, but BDA is a fairly common request as it makes sense for battle servers. Currently DMP does not let a player update other players active crafts, so when you shoot parts off someone they never see it.

As for nukes?, well that's a PvP problem and I'm generally a co-op guy :)

EDIT: Parts must be explicitly allowed already, nukes (as a part) would not be a problem.

Edited by godarklight

Hello everyone! - My DMP alert was set off.

I've definitely got a little way to go before I can work on supporting other mods, but BDA is a fairly common request as it makes sense for battle servers. Currently DMP does not let a player update other players active crafts, so when you shoot parts off someone they never see it.

As for nukes?, well that's a PvP problem and I'm generally a co-op guy :)

Haha, that is for sure.

Your netcode is already good enough for it, I will share my recorded footage to show how awesomelly well it works soontm.

Just need to edit it first.

What I have already is

He was connecting from Brazil to a server in Germany, at least around 100ms ping.

I am close to the server so my ping was very small.

Edited by tetryds

I'm thinking of downloading this but how well do the weapons work in zero g? I'm goin' for ship to ship combat in space.

All of the guns, unguided rocket pods, laser and the space missile all work in space. Bombs and all the other missiles don't work at all.

For moveable/rotatable SAM launchers, is it an idea to create a SAM launcher part that allows, much like the .50 caliber gun, full rotation. This SAM launcher then, like the rocket launcher parts, spawns the anti-air missile.

Or would that require a complete rewrite of the target lock mechanics?

For moveable/rotatable SAM launchers, is it an idea to create a SAM launcher part that allows, much like the .50 caliber gun, full rotation. This SAM launcher then, like the rocket launcher parts, spawns the anti-air missile.

You could always use Infernal Robotics.

A real simple request:

Any chance of getting a cycle-targets key? Actually, two, one forward, one backward.

It should probably be limited to targets within physics range.

Maybe a nearest target key too?

All that you suggested is implemented already, you should try messing around with guard mode :)

You could always use Infernal Robotics.

Don't know if it's Infernal Robotics, TweakScale, BD Armory, or any of the other mods interacting, but any attempt at creating something that can rotate my missiles around always ends up in crashes.

But I was mostly referring to the discussion on implementing a BD Armory solution for moving sentry parts.

Edited by Melfice
Bugs? Crashes, of course.

Like a Sea Dart or Roland type launcher?