[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

How about adding military contracts to the game. They would give cash only and some could even hurt your reputation.

*The basic contracts could be about testing various weapon system in different conditions (speed, attitude etc.).

*More advanced contracts could be about designing, building and testing a new military vehicle. In short you would need to fulfil a mission that has multiple conditions for a single mission like flying at set attitude, being armed with particular weapon system.

*Finally you could have mission in with you need to destroy vehicle somewhere in the world. I do not know if KSP would allow to place target. This missions would give loads of cash, but hurt your reputation.

He said he was looking into it already I'm pretty sure. And he's on vacation anyway.

Hes probably using RealChutes for his drag chute, which has them autodeploy on when the wheels hit the ground.

Indeed, RealChute allows drag chutes because it recodes parachute behavior. Dunno about auto-deploy but it does stop chutes from cutting when on the ground.

Interessting design, do you deploy the chutes just before you touch down or while already rolling? I'm asking because my chutes are always cut when I open them on the ground, which makes for bad drag chutes ^^

Thanks for sharing :)

They are from the Real Chutes mod, which is a must for anyone who wants a bit more realism in their KSP, that doesn't make life easier or harder.

All the mod does is make parachutes, drouges and drag chutes opperate like real parachutes. They take time to deploy, they can be overloaded and tear or fail, and they don't cut when you hit the ground unless they are programmed to do that.

I have my drag chutes or landing chutes as I call them, set to stage manually. This is because I don't always need them depending on the runway.

Edited by Hodo

I got some kOS assistance working if anyone is interested. I have an automatic flare dispenser that detects incoming missiles and repeatedly fires flares when they reach a certain range, detection range and frequency of flares when there are missiles in range is configurable, only reacts to incoming missiles, once they pass (or if they're moving away, ie you fired them yourself) they're ignored. And, my SAM has ship selection and tracking, ignores stationary targets and tracks the moving one (assuming that'll be the player controlled one) and points the weapon manager and SAM's at the ship it's tracking.

I got some kOS assistance working if anyone is interested. I have an automatic flare dispenser that detects incoming missiles and repeatedly fires flares when they reach a certain range, detection range and frequency of flares when there are missiles in range is configurable, only reacts to incoming missiles, once they pass (or if they're moving away, ie you fired them yourself) they're ignored. And, my SAM has ship selection and tracking, ignores stationary targets and tracks the moving one (assuming that'll be the player controlled one) and points the weapon manager and SAM's at the ship it's tracking.

Cool! I was actually working on exactly the same thing, until I got distracted by another cool project :)Video will be up soon.

Spoilers don't kill lift in any situation.

They do sometimes. Gliders have them to increase the rate of descent when landing so they do not have an incredibly shallow approach/descent angle. These spoilers cause drag (which is the definition of an air brake), but also literally spoil the airflow over and under the wing, causing loss of lift along that section. Some people call them air brakes too, and both would be correct, as they can do both.

jo8.jpg

clip_image001a.jpg

Edited by Camacha

do they reduce lift ?

No but you can use spoilers, it is a setting for the control surfaces in FAR. You can set them to act as spoilers on action group activation. I use them on some craft and they will reduce the amount of lift that wing creates at some speeds.

No but you can use spoilers, it is a setting for the control surfaces in FAR. You can set them to act as spoilers on action group activation. I use them on some craft and they will reduce the amount of lift that wing creates at some speeds.

This sounds interesting. is it just for FAR model parts or does far allow you to add this function to all Mods and Stock control surfaces, Including the B9 aerospace air brakes ?

PS

Thanks for the tip

Bryce.

This sounds interesting. is it just for FAR model parts or does far allow you to add this function to all Mods and Stock control surfaces, Including the B9 aerospace air brakes ?

Far does not have any models, though I think it might chance existing ones.

PS

Thanks for the tip

Bryce.

Yeah FAR doesn't add any models, it however lets you set the functions for control surfaces already in the game and any that are added.

Like in this very old picture from my Realism Overhaul save back last winter.

9py729u.png

Yeah FAR doesn't add any models, it however lets you set the functions for control surfaces already in the game and any that are added.

Like in this very old picture from my Realism Overhaul save back last winter.

http://i.imgur.com/9py729u.png

Excellent. I have FAR already installed. only used to test Cd effects. will fire it up again and explore some more.

Cheers

Bryce.

PS added a little rep.

http://youtu.be/P4HpwyjLhXI

I'd be interessted. I am working on my drone guidance, already got working: take off & ascend, altitude & speed holding, and a waypoint navigation system (currently only working with bearings and distances, later I will implement geo locations which the drone will steer autonomously to). I want them to be drone targets for my missile test, I am fed up with all the switching between vessels, this way I dont have to worry about them. I would like to implement this countermeasure release aswell, maybe even autonomous attack, similar to the guard mode but without having to set up guard mode (for example waiting until fired missile has hit or missed the target before firing a new one).

I'd be interessted. I am working on my drone guidance, already got working: take off & ascend, altitude & speed holding, and a waypoint navigation system (currently only working with bearings and distances, later I will implement geo locations which the drone will steer autonomously to). I want them to be drone targets for my missile test, I am fed up with all the switching between vessels, this way I dont have to worry about them. I would like to implement this countermeasure release aswell, maybe even autonomous attack, similar to the guard mode but without having to set up guard mode (for example waiting until fired missile has hit or missed the target before firing a new one).
Coincidentally I'd also be interested in your drone guidance. Mine is quite basic at the moment so I'll just past it in here, you might get an idea from it or be able to suggest improvements, I've only been a "programmer" for about 2 days. At the moment an error is reported if the ship being tracked is destroyed but the script keeps running and either selects another or waits until one meets the conditions, so I just ignored it. It just looks for a moving ship to track every five seconds and checks for missiles every half second. Could I have a look at your guidance script?

CLEARSCREEN.
SET Always TO FALSE.
UNTIL Always {
SET VESS TO 0.
SET NotMissile TO 0.
SET TRACKING TO FALSE.
LIST Targets IN T.
FOR TName in T {
IF TName:SHIPNAME = "AGM-65 Maverick Missile (fired)" OR TName:SHIPNAME = "AGM-114 Hellfire Missile (fired)" OR TName:SHIPNAME = "AIM-120 AMRAAM Missile (fired)" OR TName:SHIPNAME = "AIM-9 Sidewinder Missile (fired)" { SET NotMissile TO 0. } ELSE { SET NotMissile TO 1. }.
IF TName:DISTANCE < 7000 AND TName:AIRSPEED > 0.2 AND NotMissile = 1 { SET VESS TO TName. SET TRACKING TO TRUE. }.
}.
IF TRACKING = TRUE {
CLEARSCREEN.
PRINT "Tracking "+(VESS) AT (0,0).
LOCK dirP TO 90 - VANG( VESS:POSITION, SHIP:UP:VECTOR ).
LOCK dirA TO VESS:HEADING.
LOCK steering to HEADING ( dirA, dirP ).
SET X TO 0.
UNTIL X = 10 {
LIST Targets IN T.
FOR TName in T {
SET Dist1 TO 0.
SET Dist2 TO 0.
SET Missile TO 0.
IF TName:SHIPNAME = "AGM-65 Maverick Missile (fired)" OR TName:SHIPNAME = "AGM-114 Hellfire Missile (fired)" OR TName:SHIPNAME = "AIM-120 AMRAAM Missile (fired)" OR TName:SHIPNAME = "AIM-9 Sidewinder Missile (fired)" {
SET Missile TO 1.
SET Dist1 TO TName:DISTANCE.
WAIT 0.01.
SET Dist2 TO TName:DISTANCE.
}.
IF Dist2 < Dist1 AND Missile = 1 AND DIST2 < 1500 { TOGGLE AG1. PRINT "Missiles Detected" AT (2,2). } ELSE {PRINT "No Missiles " AT (2,2). }.
}.
WAIT 0.5.
SET X TO X + 1.
}.
} ELSE { PRINT "No Threats " AT (0,0). }.
UNLOCK STEERING.
}.