[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Got another Great Kerbal War video out, sorry for the wonky screen. I must have done something while editing which screwed up the main footage size D:

IMO, the first and second ones were better. I guess I should put this up anyway to see if people like the new format (not the screen size, the dialogue :P) or not. #2 and #1 are on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy4PXnJ29i312xWBYsF4pTA

tell me which one you liekd the most :D

P.S.

BONUS POINTS to the first person to tell me in the video's comment section how many sneaky images I snuck into the video ;D I'll try to implement your suggestion in the next part :)

I used a self-modified version of BDA for the weapons, RetroFuture for the planes, and KerbalFoundries for the tracks amongst some other, less important mods. Full list in the video description!

Got another Great Kerbal War video out, sorry for the wonky screen. I must have done something while editing which screwed up the main footage size D:

IMO, the first and second ones were better. I guess I should put this up anyway to see if people like the new format (not the screen size, the dialogue :P) or not. #2 and #1 are on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy4PXnJ29i312xWBYsF4pTA

tell me which one you liekd the most :D

P.S.

BONUS POINTS to the first person to tell me in the video's comment section how many sneaky images I snuck into the video ;D I'll try to implement your suggestion in the next part :)

I used a self-modified version of BDA for the weapons, RetroFuture for the planes, and KerbalFoundries for the tracks amongst some other, less important mods. Full list in the video description!

Me likey :)

I appreciate your help, that seems to have solved it. Thanks! You are quite right, I should have gone back a few pages and read. I only looked at the posts on the same page which I was posting as I assumed it was a fairly recent issue. My bad. However, please mind your tone. Your wording isn't much of a big deal and very little offense was taken, but there are plenty of ways you could have phrased your reply which would have been less... shall we say, rude or blunt?

In retrospect, yes.

Anyway, even EnterElysium did the same thing... so yeah. *Sigh*

Guess we just have to spam the fix all over the place until BD gets back.

- - - Updated - - -

7) Could you possibly add explosive warheads (nosecones, inline warheads or whatever) so we can make our own weapons systems such as ICBMs or kamikaze vehicles?

8) Ok, this is probably not the greatest suggestion, but how about weapons for Kerbals? Grenade launchers or shoulder-mounted weapons systems like Javelins, Stingers, etc. If there's some pesky AA guard that prevents you approaching an area, drop off a squad of Kerbals and send them in to do the dirty work.

Easy enough to do yourself. And you can even just put bombs in an inline cargo bay, then drop the bombs above the target. Should make a pretty nice explosion. (More so before, when bombs were explosive without having to be dropped...)

Again, easy enough to do yourself. I had a squad of ODSTs take out a base which had been bombed over and over again to no avail.. quite the armor. But the Kerbals have a lot more precision. Also, if you add weapon manager module thing to the guns for the Kerbals guard mode will work against them.

I have the config... somewhere. I can dig it up if you want.

Again, easy enough to do yourself. I had a squad of ODSTs take out a base which had been bombed over and over again to no avail.. quite the armor. But the Kerbals have a lot more precision. Also, if you add weapon manager module thing to the guns for the Kerbals guard mode will work against them.

Those ODSTs... The bane of my existence :mad:

Easy enough to do yourself. And you can even just put bombs in an inline cargo bay, then drop the bombs above the target. Should make a pretty nice explosion. (More so before, when bombs were explosive without having to be dropped...)

Aye. When you're moving at incredibly high velocities (thanks a bunch, Ferram) it can be very difficult to time the release of the bombs. I could always use parachutes, but that defeats the point. Why on earth were bombs made to be non-explosive when unfired? I am no weapons expert, but I don't think this is quite realistic. It certainly can be quite annoying from a gameplay perspective.

Aye. When you're moving at incredibly high velocities (thanks a bunch, Ferram) it can be very difficult to time the release of the bombs. I could always use parachutes, but that defeats the point. Why on earth were bombs made to be non-explosive when unfired? I am no weapons expert, but I don't think this is quite realistic. It certainly can be quite annoying from a gameplay perspective.

This was made to prevent chain reaction 1 hit kills.

Also, having them to explode is wrong, lots of kinds of bombs and explosives will not explode by being destroyed (that is also a safety measure).

Very well known examples are nukes and c4.

This was made to prevent chain reaction 1 hit kills.

Also, having them to explode is wrong, lots of kinds of bombs and explosives will not explode by being destroyed (that is also a safety measure).

Very well known examples are nukes and c4.

I thought C-4 was a pressure-sensitive explosive? Either way, I said I am no weapons expert, and I seem to have been proven wrong. I stand corrected.

I thought C-4 was a pressure-sensitive explosive? Either way, I said I am no weapons expert, and I seem to have been proven wrong. I stand corrected.

Pressure sensitive in the sense that you can shoot it with a high powered rifle without it going off, or burn it in a fire without exploding. Mythbusters did a great episode on that. It is made to be stable until you want to have it go off. That is one of the things that makes old gunpowder so dangerous - it blew the guy carrying it into battle apart a couple of times too often. People got fed up with that and guys stupid enough to still do it were running out, so they made better explosives.

Really, half the fun is not being too close when it goes ;)

Edited by Camacha

Hey guys, i'm going to make a short video on this mod for my

series and so to do the mod justice I'd love to hear how people are using this mod. I spent the night blowing up the space centre and failing to hit targets - great fun - but what else do folks get up to with this? I got guard mode going (which was pretty funny), so I can see there are many interesting possibilities, just interested in your ideas!

Pressure or electrical detonation.

The pressure has to be with in a specific range same with the electrical charge.

series and so to do the mod justice I'd love to hear how people are using this mod. I spent the night blowing up the space centre and failing to hit targets - great fun - but what else do folks get up to with this? I got guard mode going (which was pretty funny), so I can see there are many interesting possibilities, just interested in your ideas!

Add me on steam, my nick is tetryds, and I also have a channel.

Let's dogfight a bit :)

I do this:

(damn wonky screen!)

might inspire you a bit :) Mainly tank and plane battles.

Heard of EnterElysium? He uses this mod to do his World War K series with this mod.

Hello, I have a question about BD Armory. What are the effects of the mod, when I'm not actually using any weapons? I know about the physics range, is there something else? I want to know if it will be OK to use it on the same installation as my main Career save.

Bonus question: is the physics range setting global or per save?

Hello, I have a question about BD Armory. What are the effects of the mod, when I'm not actually using any weapons? I know about the physics range, is there something else? I want to know if it will be OK to use it on the same installation as my main Career save.

Bonus question: is the physics range setting global or per save?

No effects on crafts outside of the mod without mod parts on them or other crraft shooting at them and BahamutoD removed the physics range extension as it was causing a bit of trouble with rendezvousing craft/kerbals, though you can extend it yourself if you would like.

No effects on crafts outside of the mod without mod parts on them or other crraft shooting at them and BahamutoD removed the physics range extension as it was causing a bit of trouble with rendezvousing craft/kerbals, though you can extend it yourself if you would like.

It's set to 5km by default, IIRC.

I guess that is the only change.

Ah, and it also works on DMP, so that makes it easier to load aircraft from friends while flying together (i recommend 20km if you don't have debris around).

Hey, unless I'm mistaken, this mod doesn't reaaaally work in DMP right? You can't pair up with a buddy, build something, and then challenge each other to a duel at the KSC? I understand you sorta can, but when you blow them up (or vice versa), they won't know it happened?

Hey, unless I'm mistaken, this mod doesn't reaaaally work in DMP right? You can't pair up with a buddy, build something, and then challenge each other to a duel at the KSC? I understand you sorta can, but when you blow them up (or vice versa), they won't know it happened?

Yes, the guns work fine for the client, but the server does not tell your friend you killed him, nor sync bullets etc.

There are plans to make it work on the future, but right now it doesn't.

But this is not actually a bad thing, because this way you can kill your friend several times and he will respawn without having to launch again etc.

Missiles also sync, but as DMP damping code counts for speed and not acceleration they jump around quite a bit, which is what makes it harder to see when your enemy fires.

You can still have a lot of fun using this mod and multiplayer, and actual dogfights with friends :)