[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Aw, dang. Felt like a genius for a moment... :P

oh well, guess I should have searched better, aye

Better to feel like genius for a minute than a fool for a second, and in all honesty you helped me because I didn't quite understand the problem 100%.

Better to feel like genius for a minute than a fool for a second, and in all honesty you helped me because I didn't quite understand the problem 100%.

Ah, true words. Well, glad I helped somebody :)

I did a quick search, and surprisingly discovered nothing on the topic, so:

Is there a reason this isn't on ckan? I'm guessing there is, but I'm not sure what it could be.

Not updated for 0.90, it works but some people reported it can cause lags or throw some errors.

That may be the reason why this is not on CKAN.

Yeah basically he's making the mods work but not focusing on new features which is fine since he is very open about people making adding to this mod so If you want a new gun you can make it or request it and someone nice will make it

Update v0.7.2

- 0.90 compatibility

- Fixed a severe lag/crash due to particle emitters

- Enabled Doppler effect on rocket and missile sound fx

- Dirty fix: Catch rare NRE's in explosions that cause them to explode forever

- Removed colliders from flares - they were deadly and caused framerate hit

- Particle emissions optimization for framerate

- Rockets collide with water surface

- Fixed laser's aiming reticle

- Option to disable 'Smart Guards'

- Rewrote 'vacuum missile' guidance

- Button recorder for custom fire key

Notes:

(Sorry I'm late!)

Nothing big, just tidying up a few things.

- One of the main things are the improved HEKV code. It actually uses thrust force to push it around now, instead of before where it used the same "velocity rotation" system that atmospheric missiles use. It works more realistically now and it wont bug out of you switch to it after firing, while it is tracking a target. The best way to use it is to get within a few kilometers of your target, and kill enough lateral relative velocity that the missile can kill the rest of the relative velocity on its own, and thrust toward the target.

- The other main thing is the ability to record a button/key in the settings menu for the main Fire key. You can just click "Set key" then press a key on your keyboard or joystick, and it should work. No more confusion on what text to type into the box.

I also made a (hopefully) comprehensive video on proper usage, because I've seen common confusion on certain things among the Youtubers that post videos about the mod, and among the forum posts. More on that once it is done uploading/encoding.

Edited by BahamutoD

Thanks for the update!

I used to only notice a small lag when using BDArmory parts on my crafts, let's see if it's gone now :)

Fingers crossed ;).

Also, here's the 'tutorial' video. Hopefully it will help newcomers as well as veterans.

Let me know if there's anything I missed in the video that would be helpful to know.

Its the first long-ish video I've tried to narrate over, so I'm pretty awkward, but it should be entertaining and informative enough.

Edited by BahamutoD

Fingers crossed ;).

Also, here's the 'tutorial' video. Hopefully it will help newcomers as well as veterans.

Been using this for goodness knows how long - thanks for the explanation of how to fire missiles with the mouse - had never quite worked that out.

EDIT: even if you know how to do that, watching this is worth it for what happens at nine and a half minutes in :D

Hey BahamutoD, four questions.

1. Is there any chance you can include the effects when you shoot down stuff like in your vids?

2. Any chance on havin the seismic charge soon (huge fan of star wars)

3. Would you mind sharing the kOS script for your drones I cant seem to figure out how to make mine do stuff

and lastly 4. Just wondering where you got your username, but I have a feeling I know where it came from though:wink:

Hey BahamutoD, four questions.

1. Is there any chance you can include the effects when you shoot down stuff like in your vids?

2. Any chance on havin the seismic charge soon (huge fan of star wars)

3. Would you mind sharing the kOS script for your drones I cant seem to figure out how to make mine do stuff

and lastly 4. Just wondering where you got your username, but I have a feeling I know where it came from though:wink:

1: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/109952-0-90-Destruction-Effects

2: Yes soon

3: http://pastebin.com/5fEJKKFr

4: Final fantasy

Fingers crossed ;).

Let me know if there's anything I missed in the video that would be helpful to know.

Its the first long-ish video I've tried to narrate over, so I'm pretty awkward, but it should be entertaining and informative enough.

So, there is one thing that is confusing for some people, they think that you must arm the weapons manager in order to use the guard mode, I guess you should explain that it's not required.

Also that arming the weapons manager targets anything, while the guard mode only targets enemies (you explain that the guard mode only targets enemies but not that arming targets anything).

So, there is one thing that is confusing for some people, they think that you must arm the weapons manager in order to use the guard mode, I guess you should explain that it's not required.

Also that arming the weapons manager targets anything, while the guard mode only targets enemies (you explain that the guard mode only targets enemies but not that arming targets anything).

Right, I should have mentioned that.

This also brings up a question: Do you think the weapon manager's targeting should (a)only target enemies, or (b)target anything that is not debris, or ©target everything (the way it is now)?

This also brings up a question: Do you think the weapon manager's targeting should (a)only target enemies, or (b)target anything that is not debris, or ©target everything (the way it is now)?

Would adding an option to switch between these three modes be feasible?

This is reminicent of the NATO brevity codes for weapons control order such as:

- Weapons Tight: target only those confirmed as hostile (i.e. those with an enemy's IFF signature or on the "opposite" team)

- Weapons Free: target anything not marked as friendly (possibly including those without weapons managers at all)

Also, any chance of looking into the following for 0.8 / 1.0 ?:

- Turrets that allow other parts (e.g. ammo boxes) to attach directly to them using IR vessel rebuilding code

- Consolidating ammo storage into the weapon manager itself

(Details)

Would adding an option to switch between these three modes be feasible?

This is reminicent of the NATO brevity codes for weapons control order such as:

- Weapons Tight: target only those confirmed as hostile (i.e. those with an enemy's IFF signature or on the "opposite" team)

- Weapons Free: target anything not marked as friendly (possibly including those without weapons managers at all)

Also, any chance of looking into the following for 0.8 / 1.0 ?:

- Turrets that allow other parts (e.g. ammo boxes) to attach directly to them using IR vessel rebuilding code

- Consolidating ammo storage into the weapon manager itself

(Details)

Add somethiing like Target UFO, being target debris and im happy. I often use drones with vulcans to clear debris fields

Fingers crossed ;).

20/10 good job. you sounded like you were a natural at narrating long videos.

it has bug.

first time, i've thought it is DMP's network bug, but is not. the conclusion of a lot of test, it is BDArmory's bug.

i remember prev version has worked nicely.

wish to fix.

I agree with sumghai that there could be two modes, but if you rather having only one simple mode, it should target everything, give priority to piloteable ships, double priority to enemies and the lowest possible priority to teammates (or not target them at all).

Maybe have the armed mode and guard mode to be the same thing? So the guard mode would be an "auto fire" option for the armed mode, this would fix confusion.

You would also be able to have the weapons manager to choose the best weapons for you, sometimes you need to give too much attention to piloting and can screw up firing, etc.

Since that is the topic, I don't think that a better overall lock-on system would be too complicated, just have a reticle for the lock-on, a square rotated 45 degrees can work.

So, the system automatically sets the target, then the lock-on reticle must match the target for a full lock, when it matches it will flicker then lit up, making a noise.

Depending on the missile, you will have to hold lock or just fire and forget.

If you want to add even more to this, the lock-on range, time, cone angle and sensibility (prone to being disrupted) could be given by a radar part.

It would be an inline (or nose) dish, with different weights and with a weapons manager inside of it too.

Weight and radius would vary depending on the radar kind, also electricity consumption when activated.

You could also have external radars for stationary weapons.

Hotfix Update v0.7.2.1

- Further increased packing distance leeway to fix rendezvous bug

- Merged Yskinator's laser damage model

Edit:

sumghai and tetryds -

I'm noting your ideas and will ponder on them.

Edited by BahamutoD

Hey BahamutoD, any chance you will update BurnTogether? I miss this mod.

And can we suggest some new weapons? I would like a bomb, which only has a shockwave, without explosion damage. Just pushing everything away. Maybe add a nice expanding sphere effect or something like that for the visuals and a cool sound. You already did a fantastic job wtih the seismic charge, so I think it is possible for you, if you have time.

And the laser weapon damaging/destroying buildings, any update on this front?