[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Well, i just think its a small ammount, cannonshell ammo boxes would be cool, and these cannons too: http://imgur.com/a/h0c0V

Someone made a mod based off of BDArmory that has those turrets or something VERY much like them.

Here

edit:

WOOT 3000 POSTS!!!!!!!!

Edited by Hodo

The next update will probably be focused on ammo storage, so I will see what I can do about missile storage and reloading.

Willy ou make the ammo boxes explosive? This would make strategic ammo placement more important, which IMO would be a good addition.

BahamutoD

Thank you for all your hard work. Your mod was one of the main reason I started playing KSP in the first place. Since your update with the cruise missiles. I updated my B-2 bomber to accommodate 6 of them inside a MK2 Cargo bay. I thought I'd provide some food for thought. just as many other people have done for me on these forums

screenshot13_zpsswnrjzt9.png~original

More B-2 Pics

http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/v8jester1/slideshow/B2%20Bomber

Edited by V8jester

Can u add Cannonshell ammo boxes

at somepoint i did them for myself taking and coping th e50cal box put 10 canon shels in but its bul.... then updates ^^

BahamutoD

Thank you for all your hard work. Your mod was one of the main reason I started playing KSP in the first place. Since your update with the cruise missiles. I updated my B-2 bomber to accommodate 6 of them inside a MK2 Cargo bay. I thought I'd provide some food for thought. just as many other people have done for me on these forums

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w475/v8jester1/B2%20Bomber/screenshot13_zpsswnrjzt9.png~original

http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/v8jester1/library/B2%20Bomber

What mod is that Rotating Weapon Rack from?

Bully056: What mod is that Rotating Weapon Rack from?

It's IR rework, BDarmory and RKE Kanadarm for the central tube. Connect A controlled rotator at one end, and the other with an uncontrolled IR rotator and struts

Edited by V8jester

I remember downloading it, and it was a bit outdated for 0.90 because of the authors health there were a few bugs but Ill give it a whirl.

oh yeah, i remember him posting something like that....

But Spammers Boomsticks still works for me tho, even in 0.90.0

Hello!

This might sound like a weird question but is there anything i can do to add torque to a gun?

I'm using Magic Smoke Robotic's free rotatrons and i'd like the gun to try and use torque to aim at the target. I think the current Abrams turret is way to big and i'm trying my best to cut back on part count. I also like the look of small tanks.

For the meantime i'll try using something like Mechjeb or KOS to use torque from other parts to rotate and elevate the free turret.

Would it be possible to apply a ripple effect for releasing bombs? Holding the mouse button to drop things quickly would make carpet bombing much easier.

That's something I can do, I added it to the long todo list.

for some reason my cruise missiles just start and then crash, like most other rockets. i got a target selected and it is in render range (12km; i set it to 15km)

Crash from lack of thrust? AGM-86 needs to be launched at cruise speed already, RBS-15 can be launched from stationary since it has a booster. Crash from lack of guidance? What do you mean by "like most other rockets"?

I just tried out the new update…my only complaint is the lack of power behind the cruise missiles.

Other than that…Nice work BD

Lack of explosive power? Lack of thrust?

Hello!

This might sound like a weird question but is there anything i can do to add torque to a gun?

I'm using Magic Smoke Robotic's free rotatrons and i'd like the gun to try and use torque to aim at the target. I think the current Abrams turret is way to big and i'm trying my best to cut back on part count. I also like the look of small tanks.

For the meantime i'll try using something like Mechjeb or KOS to use torque from other parts to rotate and elevate the free turret.

Not really sure what you mean, but it sounds like it involves changing the fundamental design for a specific application :/

Not really sure what you mean, but it sounds like it involves changing the fundamental design for a specific application :/

I'm pretty sure he means adding torque similar to the torque in a reaction wheel, so that when he puts the gun on a free rotating part, the gun can use the torque to turn the free bearing for aiming. To me this seems like the very difficult way of doing this. If I was able to mod I would make a kind of universal turret base where you slap the gun in the slot. Make 1 or 2 sizes for different size guns. Although I'm sure that would mean using IR code for moving the gun with the turret. Seems like a cool idea though, to have a manually rotating and elevating 20mm (or similar) turret. By manually I mean mappin controls to a joystick or even mouse, so that instead of point mouse and shoot you have to move the mouse to move the turret. It would make things a bit more interesting. Less easy. Hmm.

I can't run 0.90.0 as my computer isn't high enough spec, I'm using 0.25 permanently, but I saw EnterElysium's stream last night when he was trying to destroy the Sockington-the cruise missiles look brilliant.

Just a suggestion.. why not make some cone-shaped explosive warheads that can be attached to rockets? I've been building cruise missiles and ballistic missiles tipped with maverick missiles and controlled by kOS. Not really elegant but it does the job.

I'm pretty sure he means adding torque similar to the torque in a reaction wheel, so that when he puts the gun on a free rotating part, the gun can use the torque to turn the free bearing for aiming...

This is quite precisely what i meant, although using IR code to make the gun point at the mouse is also a feasible idea. But really, the reason i'm trying to do this is because the current tank turret is huge, i suggest a smaller turret, maybe even the T-34-85. No rush though, hopefully you had a good vacation. I wish i could make my own turrets but i'm not really completely grasping blender and my C# knowledge is limited to making petty loops, conditions and Console.WriteLine("HelloWorld");. Any idea where to start?

For now I've been making tank destroyers to soothe my desire for small and compact tanks.

(It's complete with a crew and a fighting compartment!)

vgLFRcUl.png 2X1Zmdol.png

Edited by CrayzeeMonkey
Clicky the picture for larger picture

Lack of explosive power? Lack of thrust?

Explosive Power. When I think cruise missile in KSP…Im thinking I should be able to destroy the VAB with relative ease. All the test i have done seem ineffective.

Anyway, since issues are getting addressed, is it possible to take a look at bombs and cargo bays? I keep adding the smaller ones next to a small fuselage for my aircraft... then discover bombs are too long. Would it be possible to get a shorter bomb or something?

Ok, so I was making the scenarios that I promised, and ran into a very bad issue, part count.

When placing down anything more than two turrets, the game starts to feel it, and if you are using FAR this can cause some bad lag.

Some framerate drops would be fine, the problem is that oscilating framerate messes up with your reflexes, and precise evasive maneuvering gets painful.

I optimized the props a lot, even got a medium AA truck with 16 parts and 8 sidewinders, and will try to optimize them some more, but my first idea seems unfeasible without using the welding mod.

Anything simpler than that can be easily done, which makes a dedicated scenario pointless.

A solution I am thinking of is having targets further away from each other, so the major challenge will be ammo management.

Do you think this would be a good idea?