[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I'm working on AI piloting so hopefully you can use that in contracts too.

Right now I have missile guidance autopilot working - just have to work on it more to get it to fly planes properly.

http://gfycat.com/ImperturbableGrimDoctorfish

I didn't think I recognised the missile, so I went through frame by frame - very cool that you've got it flying a bunch of stock parts like that :D

(also, really hope getting the adjustable landing gear working isn't too painful - planes just aren't the same without it)

that's amazing you can be so accurate!

Also please link my parts pack in the front of the thread once i have a release ready http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117635-WIP-P-E-W-%28A-BDArmory-Addon%29

also i will update Spanner's Boomsticks once the BDArmory 1.0 update goes live

Thanks for taking up the torch on Spanners. When you do get around to Spanners Boomstick. Can you have a look at the deploy animations? They work fine when you activate a turret but they wont return to a home position like the BD turrets do when you deactivate them.

Thanks for taking up the torch on Spanners. When you do get around to Spanners Boomstick. Can you have a look at the deploy animations? They work fine when you activate a turret but they wont return to a home position like the BD turrets do when you deactivate them.

Is this for a specific turret or all of them? I may need to update the module as a whole if its for all of them but it should be a simple fix. I'm going to get an updated spanner's released as soon as BD finalizes the changes to the 1.0 version of the armory

Is this for a specific turret or all of them? I may need to update the module as a whole if its for all of them but it should be a simple fix. I'm going to get an updated spanner's released as soon as BD finalizes the changes to the 1.0 version of the armory

Unfortunately its all of them. They worked fine in .90 but they would never return to there home position when deactivated. I believe this may be something in the Blender end of things. I tried .cfg bashing my way through and I couldn't get them working properly. Also the bullet textures are different so spanners shows up as white squares due to a missing or misnamed texture. I'm more than happy to help any way that I can, but my skills are unfortunately limited.

The guidance is part of the whole BDmissile (or similar name) part module not a seperate one. Guidance is activated through a T/F conditional

Also what exactly do you mean by making bombs/missiles cruise missiles?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey BD of the current rocket pod code just spawns a bullet with thrust is it ever going to be possible to spawn a proper part like the RIM-116 I'm making so we can have a guided rocket pod for air defense or ground attack this may help reduce part counts and be cool

i mean making our own ai guided bombs/missiles/cruise missiles by using jetengines/roets srbs etc.

Unfortunately its all of them. They worked fine in .90 but they would never return to there home position when deactivated. I believe this may be something in the Blender end of things. I tried .cfg bashing my way through and I couldn't get them working properly. Also the bullet textures are different so spanners shows up as white squares due to a missing or misnamed texture. I'm more than happy to help any way that I can, but my skills are unfortunately limited.

Turrets only return to the original position if they have a deploy animation. If you don't want a deploy animation and you still want it to return to the original position, just make an empty animation and reference it in the config.

The white squares were the result of an update to BDArmory changing things awhile back I had posted a fixed version on the thread. As for the rotation I will do as BD suggested and apply that change.

- - - Updated - - -

if you change the bombs to use the old areo dynamics will it not slow planes down with bombs attatched?

The bombs only use the old aero once they have been dropped before that they use the new aero

I have a some requests for you.

Functionality:

Weapon Groups: I want to be able to put weapons together in a group so that they can be simultaneously selected through the Weapon Manager. Say I have a bomber with a whole bunch of machine guns all over the aircraft as defensive armament. Most of them are .50 cals, but some of them are 30mm and there is one 20mm Vulcan cannon. As it is now, going through the WM you can only select each type of weapon individually, but what I want to do is to select all of them, regardless of what kind of gun they are. This would be useful if I wanted them to activate through guard mode.

Synchronization: I want to be able to set the way that multiple guns fire. Say that I have an aircraft with four 30mm Autocannons facing forward and fixed. As it is now, when you fire them they will always fire simultaneously. I want to set it so that instead of firing simultaneously, they fire in sequence so that their collective rate of fire is increased. This would be especially useful if we are using the radial-mount .50 cals or 30mm Aeros in Spanner's Boomsticks.

Toggle Airburst: This is in regards to the upcoming airburst feature. I want to be able to turn it off so I can use the gun against ground targets, and then turn it back on again to engage air targets.

Weapons:

Weapons I would like to be added are:

Bofors 40mm- Added as a radial-mount like the M102 is now, as a CV9040 turret, and as the Italian DARDO CIWS

5"/54 caliber Mark 45 gun

A Radial-mount 20mm Vulcan Cannon

A Ball Turret

That's really it for now. Looking forward to the update!

The white squares were the result of an update to BDArmory changing things awhile back I had posted a fixed version on the thread. As for the rotation I will do as BD suggested and apply that change.

On second thought, save yourself the trouble. I'll just edit the code so it will return to original position regardless of whether there's an animation.

All I want is this turret to stop firing out it's arse.

The fireTransform's local Z axis (blue arrow) should be pointing forward from the barrel.

Will the millennium gun you made in the live stream be in the next update?

Also just curious as to you though on guided bombs (if you are working on them thats great but does not have to be in the next update)

I have a some requests for you.

Functionality:

Weapon Groups: I want to be able to put weapons together in a group so that they can be simultaneously selected through the Weapon Manager. Say I have a bomber with a whole bunch of machine guns all over the aircraft as defensive armament. Most of them are .50 cals, but some of them are 30mm and there is one 20mm Vulcan cannon. As it is now, going through the WM you can only select each type of weapon individually, but what I want to do is to select all of them, regardless of what kind of gun they are. This would be useful if I wanted them to activate through guard mode.

Synchronization: I want to be able to set the way that multiple guns fire. Say that I have an aircraft with four 30mm Autocannons facing forward and fixed. As it is now, when you fire them they will always fire simultaneously. I want to set it so that instead of firing simultaneously, they fire in sequence so that their collective rate of fire is increased. This would be especially useful if we are using the radial-mount .50 cals or 30mm Aeros in Spanner's Boomsticks.

Toggle Airburst: This is in regards to the upcoming airburst feature. I want to be able to turn it off so I can use the gun against ground targets, and then turn it back on again to engage air targets.

Weapons:

Weapons I would like to be added are:

Bofors 40mm- Added as a radial-mount like the M102 is now, as a CV9040 turret, and as the Italian DARDO CIWS

5"/54 caliber Mark 45 gun

A Radial-mount 20mm Vulcan Cannon

A Ball Turret

That's really it for now. Looking forward to the update!

Well as far as "selecting all guns" that is something that has been in BD armory all along. Assign an action group to toggle all the guns. Then just press that button to toggle them all on or off. If you get some guns turned on and others turned off just cycle the WM till it says "none" and the toggle will work as it should. This way you can select just one group of guns or all of them in flight and at will.

There are already ball turrets in Spanners Boomstick which LORDPrometheus has kindly volunteered to update in the near future and as he has the time (a couple posts up) besides that, the rest is at BD's discretions

I almost pulled an all nighter last night and I worked more on it today, and here is how AI combat looks now: (more details later)

-------------------

PrototypeTheta - look at the unity package again. It has fireTransform and muzzleTransform on each barrel.

-------------------

War Eagle 1 - If I can finish polishing the model and texture by tomorrow night then yes, but there might be more important things to fix ^^. JDAMs are possible now, but I'll wait till next update.

I almost pulled an all nighter last night and I worked more on it today, and here is how AI combat looks now: (more details later)

-------------------

PrototypeTheta - look at the unity package again. It has fireTransform and muzzleTransform on each barrel.

-------------------

War Eagle 1 - If I can finish polishing the model and texture by tomorrow night then yes, but there might be more important things to fix ^^. JDAMs are possible now, but I'll wait till next update.

I cant believe we have finally arrived at the point where we will have air to air battles now! I'm stoked

Awesome! Is the AI able to use fixed machine guns?