[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I had a question, when I fire, say, an automatic cannon into a building, I get massive slowdowns, from 60+ fps to 15-20 fps. It didn't happen in 0.90, anyone else experiencing this?

This mod is not yet compatible with 1.0. BD is trying to get a 1.0 version out at some point today. Just be patient quality takes time.

In game it basically acts like a normal part with an action (Toggle Turret) that does nothing.

I don't think this is how the mod sees it. There are three weapon types: Laser, Cannon and Ballistic. My weapon is a Cannon. The part.cfg is like the one of the M102 Howitzer, only with different values. I assumed that all BDA guns could be set up like the example turret. This is why I think using the turret setup for a gun with one pivot point wouldn't be a problem.

I was running into this problem, It's probably to do with the deploy animation.

In the .cfg, try removing the deploy animation, the line should look something like this:

deployAnimName =

Failing that, I can give you the AS-90's unity package for a second reference, it ain't perfect but it's workable.

And in other news, after completing a big tank turret, I thought I'd tackle the next logical thing. An even bigger tank turret:

2015_05_01_00002.jpg

Railguns anyone?

Edited by PrototypeTheta

1.0.1 is out.

Y'might wanna test and see if the 1.0 update plays well with 1.0.1. ;)

To expand on that and not get everybody excited. There are a lot of people hovering on this thread. You mean KSP has released an update to 1.0.1 and we want to see if BD's update plays well with that

If you really wanted to go for accuracy, it should have 1 yellow ring (indicating the presence of a high-explosive warhead) and 1 brown ring (indicating the presence of a rocket motor).

Like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Navy_980220-N-0507F-003_U.S._Marine_Corps_Lance_Cpl._Leander_Pickens_arms_an_AIM-9_Sidewinder_missile_on_a_FA-18C_Hornet.jpg

Thanks, I'll fix it (I had 2 yellow rings and a brown ring.. does that mean double high explosives? :P)

Help! My gun won't work even after dozens of fixes.

http://i.imgur.com/56Po1JK.png

What am I doing wrong, it should work like this AFAIK.

It looks okay from what I see. Its probably a config issue, or like the other guy said, a problem with the deploy animation. Try it again when I release the update.

1.0.1 is out.

Y'might wanna test and see if the 1.0 update plays well with 1.0.1. ;)

Darn..

That is a really cool plane! I like the tri-fuselage design. What piece did you use for the nosecone though?

for the nose I used the NCS adapter fuel tank with a CH-J3 fly-by-wire avionics hub on the front.

The F4 Flys great while carrying 870 units of fuel. Should have no problem loaded with a 20mm gun and some missiles.

The Nav lights are from the Aviation lights mod, but apart from that it is completely stock.

I have to say, this update is fun to work on. I'm just setting up a 2v2 AI battle and watching them go at it. Then tweaking behavior and trying again.

See now your just rubbing it in :) Can't wait to see the update man

Hello!

I have something that you may want to consider when updating your mod. Every time i use action groups for "Switch Teams" and "Toggle Guard Mode" for the Weapon Manager, it gives me no feedback on what i've done except the BDArmory weapons screen. It would be nice if every time i switch on Guard mode with action groups a "click" sound would play and it would say at the top of the screen "Guard Mode On" or when i switch my team there is a "click" sound and it would say "You are now in team: <team>.

I saw your dev stream and the Oerlikon cannon is very welcome. If you're making more cannons, i really suggest you model it against this

Thanks!

I have to say, this update is fun to work on. I'm just setting up a 2v2 AI battle and watching them go at it. Then tweaking behavior and trying again.

That does not help me holding the hype around here, haha.

It sounds amazing.

Are you also testing with different designs?

Do they simply use SAS to control the craft or it's a completely different system?

Could you make them fly in formation or follow the player more accurately than fly together using such AI?

I am ready for BD Armory to update. I have an F4 in need of armament.

http://i.imgur.com/08DM9eQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EmOM6pQ.jpg

Dude, you think you're ready? Then say hello to the B-3B Skyfortress.

qGprp4i.png

anuiffH.png

Gu36ZWg.png

This thing is a monster of a bomber that was capable of carrying 180 Mark 82 500lb bombs in it's 0.90 incarnation. I don't know how much it will be able to carry in the new version, but I do know this. Using the new ripple fire feature with the Mark 82's on this thing is gonna be so much fun!

Edited by datubaman

Hey bahumatoD, was wondering if you had considered at some point implementing something like the RIM-116 Rolling airframe missile? as well as it's launcher? i think this would be a nice addition to the other CIWS methods, and i'm curious what you think of this.

I was running into this problem, It's probably to do with the deploy animation.

In the .cfg, try removing the deploy animation, the line should look something like this:

deployAnimName =

The gun works. It behaves strange, but does what it should do, it fires. Thank you! Now gonna fix it's strange behavior.

Can the AI land the aircraft? For instance the BDarmory contract pack, could enemy aircraft be parked until the player gets in close proximity, and then they will take off? If they shoot you down will they land automatically?

Dude, you think you're ready? Then say hello to the B-3B Skyfortress.

http://i.imgur.com/qGprp4i.png

http://i.imgur.com/anuiffH.png

http://i.imgur.com/Gu36ZWg.png

This thing is a monster of a bomber that was capable of carrying 180 Mark 82 500lb bombs in it's 0.90 incarnation. I don't know how much it will be able to carry in the new version, but I do know this. Using the new ripple fire feature with the Mark 82's on this thing is gonna be so much fun!

Ripple fire feature? Please explain for maximum hype!

Hey bahumatoD, was wondering if you had considered at some point implementing something like the RIM-116 Rolling airframe missile? as well as it's launcher? i think this would be a nice addition to the other CIWS methods, and i'm curious what you think of this.

I am constructing an addon for BDArmory that includes this missile and three other SAMs however due to current code limitations I can't make the launcher yet