[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Found a bug

Missiles don't launch forward when you set them to launch forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and your PM box is full BD

Are you sure? Just glanced at the code and it looks right.

Are you sure? Just glanced at the code and it looks right.

Can I send you my fighter so you can look at it? I may the one who is wrong and something was changed to no longer let me put missiles in my f-22 style aircrafts "air vents"

Can I send you my fighter so you can look at it? I may the one who is wrong and something was changed to no longer let me put missiles in my f-22 style aircrafts "air vents"

Sure. I freed up some space in my inbox.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I did add clearance checks (what bombs use) to missiles, so it may not be passing the clearance check. Try firing it with zero drop time.

Hey, I really like your Abrams turret. I was wondering if you would be willing to create a triple gun turret so that this company I am "buying" my space Battleships from can attach them to the ships!

Rocket auto fire seems to have gone wrong. Please check.

When I switch from S8KOM to Hydra, Hydra does not go off, and vice versa. I checked clearance and it is ok.

auto pilot is pretty cool and useful when I don t want to keep an eye on when climbing.

Guidance unit is so far so good.

Actually this is really the most valuable mod in this game apart from FAR. Really added very much gameplay to it.

Very cool update. Are there any plans to improve the pilot AI to enable them to do gunfights as well? At the moment they're kind of dead in the water once you merge on them (despite downgrading my aircraft to only have 60% of the thrust of the AI one).

Just some basic stuff would be cool like: simple merge geometry with the AI trying to pursue one or two circle fights. Vertical offset if AI has greater energy in the neutral. Letting them reverse their turn and control their throttle in the case of scissors. Choosing lead/lag pursuit.

Edited by Phearlock

Quick suggestion while I am testing this amazing AI:

Have boxes to store countermeasures, and to prevent them from being OP, make them overheat very fastly.

Just like guns, if they overheat you will have to wait for the cooldown, so if you use it wrong there is a window where you are vulnerable.

Also, engines are too sensitive to the explosion, even if you evade the missile and it explodes nearby it's 100% chance that you will lose them.

Edited by tetryds

30mm RARDEN anyone?

2015_05_02_00002.jpg

EDIT:

And a Chieftain turret for good measure, just need to do something about those annoying black lines on the model.

2015_05_02_00003.jpg

EDIT2:

Figured out what was causing the black lines... Easy enough to fix, actually looks pretty good now.

2015_05_02_00005.jpg

EDIT3:

Maximum derp has been acheived.

2015_05_02_00006.jpg

[Thanks to Berggeit for KV-2 Derpgun model]

Edited by PrototypeTheta

Quick suggestion while I am testing this amazing AI:

Have boxes to store countermeasures, and to prevent them from being OP, make them overheat very fastly.

Just like guns, if they overheat you will have to wait for the cooldown, so if you use it wrong there is a window where you are vulnerable.

Also, engines are too sensitive to the explosion, even if you evade the missile and it explodes nearby it's 100% chance that you will lose them.

Would probably be easier to balance countermeasures by simply making them extremely ineffective, as they would be against AIM-120's. (Let's just assume the countermeasures are dropping chaff as well as flares). Meaning you'd have to turn away early to bleed the missile of energy for a bit before attempting to defeat it kinetically, countermeasures would be more of a last ditch attempt if the missile was fired from optimal range.

Against heat seekers, you could again make the flares much less effective. But allow the player to increase the chance of the missile being confused by chopping their engine throttle (reducing the engines IR signature by a little).

The engines being taken out by proximity explosions is honestly pretty realistic, engines don't like being close to High explosive fragmentation warheads.

Would probably be easier to balance countermeasures by simply making them extremely ineffective, as they would be against AIM-120's. (Let's just assume the countermeasures are dropping chaff as well as flares). Meaning you'd have to turn away early to bleed the missile of energy for a bit before attempting to defeat it kinetically, countermeasures would be more of a last ditch attempt if the missile was fired from optimal range.

Against heat seekers, you could again make the flares much less effective. But allow the player to increase the chance of the missile being confused by chopping their engine throttle (reducing the engines IR signature by a little).

The engines being taken out by proximity explosions is honestly pretty realistic, engines don't like being close to High explosive fragmentation warheads.

That is the problem, often it's useless to evade the missile because it will explode right behind you and will destroy the oversensitive engine nozzles.

Well I have a chassis model for every single one of those turrets... I'd have to leave the tracks to Kerbal Foundries or something, but I guess it couldn't harm to try...

That would be cool!

Amazing, Should make some kind of modular armor that attaches to the chassis so it can show visable damage in combat without completely destroying it.

I armed my F4 with 4 Aim-120s 2 Mavericks 20mm gun and a Curse missile for testing.

cndHi9y.jpg

Ed60JmA.jpg

Also tried out the AI module and had a dogfight between two of these. Or, at least I tried, could not get the AI controlled plane to attack me.

No pics yet but I made a SR71 style aircraft capable of launching 2 internally stored cruse missiles at mach 2.5 while at 15,000 meters up. Started to overheat and explode at mach 3.

Edited by ShawnPhillips

Amazing, Should make some kind of modular armor that attaches to the chassis so it can show visable damage in combat without completely destroying it.

That's actually quite a good idea. I have a version of the Challenger II model with Theatre Entry Standard armour (extra armour blocks bolted onto the sides and turret). I could possibly set up a node on the chassis so you can slip parts of the armour straight on. Unfortunately it wouldn't work so well with other tank... But I can probably whip up some universal armour plates.