[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

The Oerlikon is a better tank gun than the cannons, it is more ammo efficient, has a better blast radius, much higher rate of fire, and can destroy half the KSC before the basic cannon or abrams can knock out the SPH...and that is why I use it as my tank turret. Cannons need a buff or the Oerlikon needs a nerf....

Please help me! I have installed the most current version to my game, although only the 50. Cal ammo box shows up for ammo. The weapons make no noise, or do damage. Only the cannons do damage and they insta-kill. Please help me.

Please help me! I have installed the most current version to my game, although only the 50. Cal ammo box shows up for ammo. The weapons make no noise, or do damage. Only the cannons do damage and they insta-kill. Please help me.

delete all of it and reinstall

I wonder if it would be possible to put a RocketLauncher module and a BahaTurret module on the same part. You could create an aimable gun/rocket turret. :sticktongue:

EDIT: Nope, didn't work. The rockets always launch in the same direction regardless of where the turret is pointing.

Edited by JellyCubes

Hey, Baha, I had an idea for the ECM Pods.

As for the ECM Pods to include, you should use the AN/ALQ-99 and the AN/ALQ-131. Now, both of them would work differently. The AN/ALQ-131 would work kind of like the flares do now, in that it is used to break the locks of incoming missiles. The difference is that it can be used repeatedly and it consumes electrical power. Also, unlike flares, the AN/ALQ-131 would also build up heat, very much like a gun would so that, even though it can be used infinitely, you cannot spam it (this also would apply to the AN/ALQ-99). Also, when the ECM Pod is active, However, on important thing to be stated is that the AN/ALQ-131 can only break the locks of missiles targeting the aircraft carrying it. It cannot break the lock of a missile targeting an ally. That's where the AN/ALQ-99 comes in.

The AN/ALQ-99 however, is different. While the AN/ALQ-131 is meant to be used as a defensive measure, the AN/ALQ-99 is meant to be used as an offensive measure. The AN/ALQ-99 would function more like a turret in many respects. For one, it would be directional. The ECM Pod has to be facing its target in order to work. Secondly, it can target anything. It can not only target missiles fired at friendlies, it can also target the vehicle that launched them. It can actually be used to temporarily disable the guard mode of an enemy vehicle. It can also target communication devices and prevent them from transmitting data. Also, unlike the AN/ALQ-131, the AN/ALQ-99 generates its own power via a fan in the front of the pod. If this seems OP, don't worry, there are quite a few drawbacks. For one, they're enormous! Secondly, the AN/ALQ-99 isn't always successful. IRL, the AN/ALQ-99 has some very serious reliability issues iirc. Third, the electrical power provided by the AN/ALQ-99 can only be generated while the vehicle is moving, and is proportional to the speed at which the vehicle is moving, which isn't going to be very fast because it also limits the top speed of the vehicle because of how much drag it produces. There could be other ways to balance this thing out, but those will come with testing.

Anyways, that's how I would like to see the ECM pods work. By the way, good luck getting any info on these things. It is a real pain.

Edited by datubaman

Hey, Baha, I had an idea for the ECM Pods.

As for the ECM Pods to include, you should use the AN/ALQ-99 and the AN/ALQ-131. Now, both of them would work differently. The AN/ALQ-131 would work kind of like the flares do now, in that it is used to break the locks of incoming missiles. The difference is that it can be used repeatedly and it consumes electrical power. Also, unlike flares, the AN/ALQ-131 would also build up heat, very much like a gun would so that, even though it can be used infinitely, you cannot spam it (this also would apply to the AN/ALQ-99). Also, when the ECM Pod is active, However, on important thing to be stated is that the AN/ALQ-131 can only break the locks of missiles targeting the aircraft carrying it. It cannot break the lock of a missile targeting an ally. That's where the AN/ALQ-99 comes in.

The AN/ALQ-99 however, is different. While the AN/ALQ-131 is meant to be used as a defensive measure, the AN/ALQ-99 is meant to be used as an offensive measure. The AN/ALQ-99 would function more like a turret in many respects. For one, it would be directional. The ECM Pod has to be facing its target in order to work. Secondly, it can target anything. It can not only target missiles fired at friendlies, it can also target the vehicle that launched them. It can actually be used to temporarily disable the guard mode of an enemy vehicle. It can also target communication devices and prevent them from transmitting data. Also, unlike the AN/ALQ-131, the AN/ALQ-99 generates its own power via a fan in the front of the pod. If this seems OP, don't worry, there are quite a few drawbacks. For one, they're enormous! Secondly, the AN/ALQ-99 isn't always successful. IRL, the AN/ALQ-99 has some very serious reliability issues iirc. Third, the electrical power provided by the AN/ALQ-99 can only be generated while the vehicle is moving, and is proportional to the speed at which the vehicle is moving, which isn't going to be very fast because it also limits the top speed of the vehicle because of how much drag it produces. There could be other ways to balance this thing out, but those will come with testing.

Anyways, that's how I would like to see the ECM pods work. By the way, good luck getting any info on these things. It is a real pain.

Is the AN/ALQ-99 the giant disk one that those aircraft have?

Is the AN/ALQ-99 the giant disk one that those aircraft have?

A google search suggest they're both tactical pods.

EDIT: You're thinking of the Boeing E-3/E-767, right?

Edited by Melfice

You don't need to add pics just because I'm stupid.

So, I have discovered an oddity. If you laser a heatshield, it will consume the Ablatant at a constant rate, until the shield runs out and explodes. The rate is incredibly high, however, and the trigger control to recreate this behavior escapes me. Rate is greater than 20k/s for the shortest laser burst I could manage. The guns do not mimic this behavior.

Another question about the workings of BDA, what unit is the bullet mass calculated in? I'm wondering because I decided to take the metric weight of the various bullets and now have the M1 Abrams turret kicking like a horse, and Never Enuff Dakka's railgun (after tweaking its bullet velocity to 3km/s) kicks like an elephant on steroids. It's quite fun.

EDIT: The Millenium gun has really, really heavy shots (5.5e-3), which are ridiculous for a 35mm. For reference the 30mm Gau-8 has only 4.25e-4. The 120mm M1 turret has 8.35e-3. I believe it was a typo but this is why the millenium is OP, its chucking more than half the weight of 120mm shells at 200 round per minute.

Another edit: It just occurred to me I put in the cartridge weight for the M1 turret, which is why it kicks so hard, but that suits me fine because now my tanks actually feel the gun shoot.

Edited by BoomShroom

Bullet mass is calculated in metric tons.

The Oerlikon bullet is actually supposed to be 35mm with a projectile mass of 550g. So yes you're right, its a typo and should be 5.5e-4.

Thanks for noticing that!

The AI pilot is one of the best features added, amazing job!!! I think a feature that would be cool is that when guard mode selects a fixed gun/turret like a 20mm Vulcan the scan delay should automatically go down to 1 or 0.

It already kind of does that. If it scans and finds a target and picks a weapon, but the target is not lined up in a good position to fire the weapon, it cuts the scan interval by 85% until it can fire.

It already kind of does that. If it scans and finds a target and picks a weapon, but the target is not lined up in a good position to fire the weapon, it cuts the scan interval by 85% until it can fire.

Oh, thanks!

1. I'm having an issue with the autopilot and guard mode not attacking ground targets even though there is still a functioning weapon on the aircraft. This is mostly happening with guns and bombs, but occasionally just happens out of the blue, such as when the target is directly below the aircraft.

2. Could you make it so that when an aircraft has guns that are oriented perpendicular-or at the very least, not in line with-the direction of motion that the aircraft will try pointing the gun towards the target instead of its nose and execute a pylon turn around the target?

3. Did you see my post concerning ECM Pods? Any thoughts?

4. Chaff?