[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

hey does anyone know if i have to download another mod to fly two aircraft one as an AI and the other as me?

Its included in this mod. There's instructions in the OP.

Basically, have your plane sitting next to the runway, then make the AI plane. add wep manager, add AI module, launch craft, start engines but throttle down, activate guard mode, activate AI pilot, switch to other plane. There you go, fighting another plane. :)

Yep, same setup as the example turret. Probably something in the particle emitter that's wrong. I'll just have to fiddle with everything until something happens.

You're using the KSPParticleEmitter right? Not the standard Unity one? Also don't do any animations on the particle emitter.

Hey BD, I have a suggestion for the Missiles guidance pod.

Could you tweak the space missile guidance and add it to it as a toggle? So we can make space missiles and have them be guided? It could use Monoprop for maneuvering and such, and/or engine thrust for forwards momentum.

Yeah EnterElysium also asked that. Its on the todo list.

hey i downloaded this mod the other day and love it however i am running into a slight problem the missiles dont hit the target after selecting it they fire at it but miss by several 100 meters.... is this just my bad aiming or is it a problem? also i am missing the cross hair for the machine guns and ammo boxes please help me fix this

Which missile against what kind of target? Anti-air missiles will almost always miss against grounded targets.

Missing textures and ammoboxes is a result of installing it in the wrong place. Check the tutorial.

Edited by BahamutoD

Why not add ai modules for spaceships as well.

Likely because it's a bit more difficult than "Are you flying at right altitude? YES: KEEP DOING THE THING. NO: FIX THE THING. Is there an enemy in range? YES: FIRE THE THINGS AT THE THING. NO: KEEP LOOKING FOR THE THING SO YOU CAN SHOOT THINGS AT THE THING."

Are you planning to add contracts? Could be like "test this weapon on this platform", "destroy this/that target" (would require stock targets, though), "build an AA defense platform and place it around KSC", or even "prepare your defenses against an oncoming attack" and have stock AI enemies try to destroy KSC so you get resources for saving the buildings (several waves of attackers? COOL :cool:).

Would absolutely LOVE to see something like this!

Are you planning to add contracts? Could be like "test this weapon on this platform", "destroy this/that target" (would require stock targets, though), "build an AA defense platform and place it around KSC", or even "prepare your defenses against an oncoming attack" and have stock AI enemies try to destroy KSC so you get resources for saving the buildings (several waves of attackers? COOL :cool:).

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/116245-1-x-5dim-Military-Contract-Pack-v0-4-2015-05-3

exactly what you're looking for. :)

odin_spain already has a BDarmory contract pack called 5dim military contracts, but there more, "kill this, kill that" but they actually spawn in enemies all over kerbin to fight, and some are even in space

odin_spain already has a BDarmory contract pack called 5dim military contracts, but there more, "kill this, kill that" but they actually spawn in enemies all over kerbin to fight, and some are even in space

Beat you to it. :P

Why not add ai modules for spaceships as well.

BTW does the current ai make use of AGM missiles or just AA

Yes AI uses AGM missiles when appropriate.

Likely because it's a bit more difficult than "Are you flying at right altitude? YES: KEEP DOING THE THING. NO: FIX THE THING. Is there an enemy in range? YES: FIRE THE THINGS AT THE THING. NO: KEEP LOOKING FOR THE THING SO YOU CAN SHOOT THINGS AT THE THING."

Pretty much, haha.

Did you ever do that new tutorial video to explain how to use the new stuff?

No, not yet. I'm delaying because I'm working on additions and improvements to the AI so I think I might as well wait so I don't have to re-explain stuff if I change something.

Hi,

I tried to make guns shoot debris in guard mode, so discarded stages won't fall all over KSC. It works, but I'm not sure if I did something wrong because I have zero experience with Unity. Could you look at it?

Here's the patch: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/1b5f5c570d7b9ca4aa34

Seems fine to me!

Hey Bahamuto, If you wouldn't mind sharing, what software do you use for modelling/texturing?

I'm not sure if you're just busy IRL, but you should stop by #kspmodders a bit more often, we won't bite. ;)

A question for everyone; I've recently installed this mod on 1.02, and for some reason the turret function always crashes the game. I am running other mods, and am prepared to sacrifice them to fix this error, but I can't seem to be able to fix it on my own.

I currently have:

- Mechjeb 2

- KAX

- Kerbal alarm clock

- Remote tech

- Firespitter

- Dynamics Pack

I'm not sure if any of these can or are causing the issue, but I'm also running a Linux distro, if that's any help.

Thank you!

Hello!

I got my t-34-76 turret move and fire. However, the gun is pointing the wrong way. Note that both my aimRotate and aimPitch GameObjects have their x arrows pointing the same as the gun and their z arrows pointing up. I don't know where to point the y arrows.

Moreover, do i have to use muzzleTransform? My gun does not have muzzle flash or smoke. Could you also elaborate more on adding flash or smoke on your guns?

Thanks!

Depending on what you mean by 'gun', there are different solutions.

If 'gun' means the barrel, simply rotate that in Unity.

If 'gun' means the direction the gun fires relative to the turret (aka Butt-Gun-Syndrome), make sure fireTransform is pointing -z.

If 'gun' means the whole turret, rotate the 'turret' game object.

You propably should use muzzleTransform.