[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible (from a development point of view) to create a version of BDArmory fully synced in order to play multiplayer using DMP. If the answer is yes, my second question is how complicated it is?

Thanks.

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible (from a development point of view) to create a version of BDArmory fully synced in order to play multiplayer using DMP. If the answer is yes, my second question is how complicated it is?

Thanks.

Unless Bahamuto decides to modify DMP, or darklight does it for him, this'll never happen.

I think I found the problem... It seems as though even if you have infinite ammo set as True, you still need an ammo box with the relevant ammo on board even though it does not use this ammo.

My earlier tests that made me say it did not work with missiles as well as guns was flawed in some way as missiles do fire, and me saying that I had enough ammo on board all the time was not incorrect, but incomplete as there seems to be a strange lag for a weapon to start firing(much longer than the refresh rate), the log makes it seem as this "disengaging - no valid weapons" or "Turret can not reach target (250.7478 vs 2500, yawRange: 90). Continuing." is the problem but as I said it does start to fire after a fairly long pause ("Turret can not reach target" is false as the target is well within the swivel range).

Alright, it took a while but I finally hunted down the issue. It will be fixed in the next update. The fix also requires that the turrets be setup precisely in Unity, so those of you making custom turrets have to be especially careful. Follow the video I posted about it earlier.

Edited by BahamutoD

@BahamutoD:

Do you have/would be able to compile a simple list of things that need to be synced between clients for DMP, and the name of their respective .cs files? I took a *very* brief look at the git repo, but I was wondering if you already had this information on hand.

If the information can be found in the thread somewhere, I'll go and search for it. Actually, I'll do that right now :P

If I'm asking for too much information, feel free to let me know and I'll just start digging through BDArmory. I'm also in #DMP right now if you'd rather talk that way.

EDIT: Is it basically just the "can't update other player's crafts" problem? I think I might be able to work around this...

Edited by dsonbill

This is an awesome mod as it is... The only thing I think would make it better (near perfect) would be photon torpedoes - as in Star Trek... :D

- - - Updated - - -

Do antennas serve any purpose in BD armory? or are they not needed on craft?

It all depends on the purpose of your craft. If you are arming them to the teeth with blowing something up with no other aims, no. If you are building craft that are multi-purpose roles, then yes, go ahead. I always include antennas on mine since my main goal is to explore and discover.

Ok, im gonna get it out of the way right now, THIS MOD IS AWESOME, but i have noticed something strange, when trying to make custom weapons (mainly changing the bullet color on the 50 cal turret) i cant see the bullet when it fires, it could be that ive set the Alpha value of the bullet to 255 because i assumed that would make it solid, so essentially how does the Alpha value work, is it: 0=solid or 0=transparent?

I use CKAN and have loaded BD Armory and several other mods.

While I can see the other mods in Science Mode, I cannot find BD Armory items in the part list.

Is there something else I need to do? (I have researched half of the 90 cost items)

Sorry for the noob questions.

Funny (although likely much repeated) story, I was busy last night at 10 trying to perfect my orbit while not running out of fuel and mapping the globe..

Looked up and it was 2am :)

Ok, im gonna get it out of the way right now, THIS MOD IS AWESOME, but i have noticed something strange, when trying to make custom weapons (mainly changing the bullet color on the 50 cal turret) i cant see the bullet when it fires, it could be that ive set the Alpha value of the bullet to 255 because i assumed that would make it solid, so essentially how does the Alpha value work, is it: 0=solid or 0=transparent?

Since you have a possible source of the problem... Have you tried putting it to 0 and seeing the out come?

Actually I prefer more of naval weaponry, maybe underwater torpedo.

Well excuse you. I was just saying that the seismic charge from star wars will be released when BD decides to make more sci-fi weapons.

Torpedos will be nearly impossible to make because the current missile coding makes it so as soon as any bomb/missile touches the water, it explodes.

And look up Not Enuff Dakka, he adds some turrets that you can use on ships. Be nice, i wasn't even talking to you.

Hello. I have been trying to get this mod to work for a week now but it still wont. The weapons manager wont let me do anything when I try to get it to do an action in action selector. Ex: Fire, Next,Prev. Same with the missiles or bombs they do do anything. I need help on how to fix this.

Well excuse you. I was just saying that the seismic charge from star wars will be released when BD decides to make more sci-fi weapons.

Torpedos will be nearly impossible to make because the current missile coding makes it so as soon as any bomb/missile touches the water, it explodes.

And look up Not Enuff Dakka, he adds some turrets that you can use on ships. Be nice, i wasn't even talking to you.

I don't think they were trying to be rude; just giving their input :)

Well, my apology if my quote was rude, but I had no mean to offend you at all. I understand that everyone have their own "preferences", and I didn't know about the missile code would not allow torpedo to exist (AGM-86 is actually a kind of air torpedo for me). Anyway, sorry for the mess, and thanks for explaining. :D

Edited by badboyz31