[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Meh, I still like longer battles where armor actually matters. Whatever, everyone can configure it their own way.

Well I just threw together a mod that adds an armor plate to the structural category. Enjoy.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/155714430/Armor.zip

Fixed.

And a license. Because I can.

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License

Edited by ub43

I've noticed KIS and IR have their own categories in the editor, think you could look into having one for BDA?
I'll look into it.
I assume this means the part manufacturer filter icons? If so, I think I should be able to adapt the original BD logo I made for BahamutoD and convert it into icons.

Hey Baha, the part filter icons are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/azefvh0sydfuti5/Bahamuto_Dynamics_Agencies_Flags.zip?dl=0

You'll need to write your own agency file, since you may wish to restructure BDArmory in case you want your other BD mods to share the same Agency defintions.

In what units are the blastPower settings for bombs and warheads? I want to make nukes modifying the warhead config ... I think they are in kg of TNT or something similar ...

Also the units for blastRadius are in Meters?

Edited by Overlocker

Is a fixed laser possible? I'm trying to create a part that uses the Telescope model from Hullcam and the BahaTurret module from the ABL with tweaks (pitch/yaw 0), but it's not firing. Here's the cfg:

PART{

// --- general parameters ---

name = Fixed Laser

module = Part

author = Part: NovaSilisko, Mod: BahamutoD, hubbazoot

// --- asset parameters ---

mesh = model.mu

scale = 0.1

specPower = 0.1

rimFalloff = 3

alphaCutoff = 0.5

rescaleFactor = 2.0

// --- node definitions ---

// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z, size

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -2.0, 0.0, 0

// --- editor parameters ---

TechRequired = precisionEngineering

entryCost = 4900

cost = 500

category = Utility

subcategory = 0

title = Fixed Laser

manufacturer = Ordan Industrial in association with Bahamuto Dynamics

description = Zot

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision

attachRules = 1,0,1,0,0

// --- standard part parameters ---

mass = 2

dragModelType = default

maximum_drag = 0.6

minimum_drag = 0.6

angularDrag = 4

crashTolerance = 10

impactTolerance = 10

maxTemp = 4200

MODULE

{

name = MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom

cameraName = Laser Sight

cameraForward = 0, 1, 0

cameraUp = 0, 1, 0

cameraPosition = 0, 1.2, 0.00

cameraFoVMax = 60

cameraFoVMin = 0.5

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Resolution

amount = 1

maxAmount = 15

}

MODULE

{

name = BOSS

}

MODULE

{

name = BahaTurret

weaponType = laser

laserDamage = 2000

ammoName = ElectricCharge

requestResourceAmount = 4000

projectileColor = 100, 100, 255, 2 //RGBA 0-255

fireSoundPath = BDArmory/Parts/ABL/sounds/laser

chargeSoundPath = BDArmory/Parts/ABL/sounds/charge

overheatSoundPath = BDArmory/Parts/50CalTurret/sounds/turretOverheat

//deployAnimName = deploy

hasFireAnimation = false

//fireAnimName = fireAnim

spinDownAnimation = false

yawTransformName = aimRotate

pitchTransformName = aimPitch

maxTargetingRange = 20000

// autoLockCapable = true

minPitch = 0

maxPitch = 0

yawRange = 0

// rotationSpeed = 0.5

onlyFireInRange = false

instakill = false

maxHeat = 4200

heatPerShot = 400

heatLoss = 240

tracerStartWidth = 3

tracerEndWidth = 0.1

maxEffectiveDistance = 20000

}

}

I took a contract to clear the island runway base thing with 5dim, cleared it with cruise missiles from the launchpad. Have the loading distance at 25km, not noticing anything really. Did airstrike against ground base, didnt see any of the enemy doing weird stuff.

Even if you set the load distance beyond 11km, I have locked the loading distance of specifically landed vehicles to >11km so that they won't fall through.

I seem to be having a problem with the rocket firing sounds and any sound that is in the BDArmory/Sounds folder. They do not play whenever I am in-game. Has a problem like this ever shown up before? How can I fix it? I have done a few re-downloads but can't seem to figure out the problem. I even made sure the cfg's we're all using the correct sound path.

Output log?

Hey Baha, the part filter icons are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/azefvh0sydfuti5/Bahamuto_Dynamics_Agencies_Flags.zip?dl=0

You'll need to write your own agency file, since you may wish to restructure BDArmory in case you want your other BD mods to share the same Agency defintions.

Thanks again!

In what units are the blastPower settings for bombs and warheads? I want to make nukes modifying the warhead config ... I think they are in kg of TNT or something similar ...

Also the units for blastRadius are in Meters?

The blastPower number is fed to the AddExplosionForce method using the Impulse force mode. I'm still not entirely sure what real-world units it uses though. Maybe you can make sense of it:

http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/ForceMode.Impulse.html

Is a fixed laser possible? I'm trying to create a part that uses the Telescope model from Hullcam and the BahaTurret module from the ABL with tweaks (pitch/yaw 0), but it's not firing. Here's the cfg:

PART{

// --- general parameters ---

name = Fixed Laser

module = Part

author = Part: NovaSilisko, Mod: BahamutoD, hubbazoot

// --- asset parameters ---

mesh = model.mu

scale = 0.1

specPower = 0.1

rimFalloff = 3

alphaCutoff = 0.5

rescaleFactor = 2.0

// --- node definitions ---

// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z, size

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -2.0, 0.0, 0

// --- editor parameters ---

TechRequired = precisionEngineering

entryCost = 4900

cost = 500

category = Utility

subcategory = 0

title = Fixed Laser

manufacturer = Ordan Industrial in association with Bahamuto Dynamics

description = Zot

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision

attachRules = 1,0,1,0,0

// --- standard part parameters ---

mass = 2

dragModelType = default

maximum_drag = 0.6

minimum_drag = 0.6

angularDrag = 4

crashTolerance = 10

impactTolerance = 10

maxTemp = 4200

MODULE

{

name = MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom

cameraName = Laser Sight

cameraForward = 0, 1, 0

cameraUp = 0, 1, 0

cameraPosition = 0, 1.2, 0.00

cameraFoVMax = 60

cameraFoVMin = 0.5

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Resolution

amount = 1

maxAmount = 15

}

MODULE

{

name = BOSS

}

MODULE

{

name = BahaTurret

weaponType = laser

laserDamage = 2000

ammoName = ElectricCharge

requestResourceAmount = 4000

projectileColor = 100, 100, 255, 2 //RGBA 0-255

fireSoundPath = BDArmory/Parts/ABL/sounds/laser

chargeSoundPath = BDArmory/Parts/ABL/sounds/charge

overheatSoundPath = BDArmory/Parts/50CalTurret/sounds/turretOverheat

//deployAnimName = deploy

hasFireAnimation = false

//fireAnimName = fireAnim

spinDownAnimation = false

yawTransformName = aimRotate

pitchTransformName = aimPitch

maxTargetingRange = 20000

// autoLockCapable = true

minPitch = 0

maxPitch = 0

yawRange = 0

// rotationSpeed = 0.5

onlyFireInRange = false

instakill = false

maxHeat = 4200

heatPerShot = 400

heatLoss = 240

tracerStartWidth = 3

tracerEndWidth = 0.1

maxEffectiveDistance = 20000

}

}

In your config, you're referencing "aimRotate" and "aimPitch" transforms which the telescope probably doesn't have.

The telescope probably also doesn't have a fireTransform.

In short, its usually impossible to paste a turret config on a model that isn't set up for it.

Edited by BahamutoD

In your config, you're referencing "aimRotate" and "aimPitch" transforms which the telescope probably doesn't have.

The telescope probably also doesn't have a fireTransform.

In short, its usually impossible to paste a turret config on a model that isn't set up for it.

I've tried commenting out the references to any transforms, and "hasFireAnimation = false". There is no fireTransform in the cfg, is it implicit, and absolutely required?

Also, any plans to (optionally) integrate stock heat with weapon overheating?

I've tried commenting out the references to any transforms, and "hasFireAnimation = false". There is no fireTransform in the cfg, is it implicit, and absolutely required?

Also, any plans to (optionally) integrate stock heat with weapon overheating?

You NEED a fireTransform for a gun. Before making your own guns, I suggest using guns that already exist and simply make them lasers.

BahamutoD, would it be possible to get the guard to choose weapons based on the state of the target craft (landed, flying, etc.). I find it odd that my tanks prefer attacking other tanks with the Millennium, instead of their 150mm cannons.

Hello Again!

I'm again having some issues in the wacky world of turret modding. The problem is with particles again.

Every time i fire my modded gun the particles always persist for a few seconds (Which i think is quite long). Which is bad because the persistence very clearly emphasizes how bad i set up my particles. I want the little big and intense flash that your M1A1 turret makes when it fires.

FIXED THIS! For fellow modders curious on how to decide how long the particles will persist. Play around with the energy values of the particles in Object Inspector > KSPParticleEmitter > Energy

Also, if i want to make a turret that traverses 10 degrees per second and since you say that i should input values as "Degrees per Physics Frame" and if my game plays at 60 FPS (Which is barely does, trust me). So if i have 60 frames per second so i should find each frame by doing 10/60 = 0.16. So that's 0.16 degrees per physics frame. So if i put this in my config file would i get results that is something like 10 degrees per second?

Thanks!

TRIVIA! What tank, according to some game with the word 'War' and something about those little flashes of light during a big storm in the name has a traverse of 10 degrees per second (Ya know, with the ultra-nationalistic Russian bias and horrible matchmaking. Though with really nice shell physics that i REALLY think BDArmory should have, making tanks and tank battles in general more fun.). Winner gets to import this tank as a turret in KSP and totally ruin my chance of making a turrets pack based on real life tanks.

*snip*

I think this has been done before actually. Somebody attached a Hullcam camera to Bahamuto's M1A1 Abrams turret and it moved along with the turret and followed the mouse. I don't exactly know where that post was but it's definitely worth a look. I have experience in making turrets and i may actually make a dedicated turret using this magic trickery, if i can find the post and contact the guy who did it.

If you're really invested you should look into some tutorials on basic part modding and general texturing in Blender, if you're not interested, that's fine. If you need any pointers on turret making once you've learned. Feel free to ask.

Have a great day!

Edited by CrayzeeMonkey
For some reason i have an absolute urge to keep my posts as cleanly organized as possible. It's really annoying. Are there ..

it could be done throug calculating the drag / lift forces from the desierd angle or someting along those lines? right ? when yes than there should be a way to test your sealth abilitys and angles in the VAB/SPH and it culd be maneged throug procenages like

E.G: fom the front there is a 12% per x time at X distance

Edit: it wold be hard to do but it would be a long term goal wich would make guns and heat seekers a ting in air combat

It has exactly 150 parts (I don't know how) and yeah, I have 60 very large mods. 4 Gigabytes worth. Thank god for the force direct X 11 thing.

Edit: Think I'm going to go take pictures of my planes and put them here too. Cause can.

- - - Updated - - -

Some more vehicles I made for attacking and defending.

http://imgur.com/a/ZLNXm

Oh, and if your wondering what i use these for I'll tell you.

I'm making a war between Me (Entente Corp) and the AI/Me (Kaliban). The Entente controls KSC and Kaliban controls KSC Island. I set up defenses on each base then take turn attacking with each teams supplies. It's pretty fun.

Using B9 in a heavily modded install. You certainly are braver than me. At least I have close to 50 mods. Ah, and that is my lightweight-ish install. Modding is fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if you set the load distance beyond 11km, I have locked the loading distance of specifically landed vehicles to >11km so that they won't fall through.

OK that explains the loading when assaulting bases. Thank you anyway, I have not experienced any issues. 10km is still great range for artillery... specifically thinking of making some Juggernauts. (C&C 3)

And another quick question, accuracy, more is better, or is 0 perfect accuaracy whereas 25 is the deviation?

Edited by Aerolfos

it could be done throug calculating the drag / lift forces from the desierd angle or someting along those lines? right ? when yes than there should be a way to test your sealth abilitys and angles in the VAB/SPH and it culd be maneged throug procenages like

E.G: fom the front there is a 12% per x time at X distance

Well, the drag is already calculated correct? I would think you could just use some rudimentary formula that factors the drag and determines an overall percentage chance, vs different chance for each angle, that the missile will fail to lock on.

Btw, some small balance thing:

Does anyone else feel that the lates rebalance made the AMRAM a bit obsolete? It burns slightly longer, but otherwise the Sidewinder always seems to be faster and more maneuvrable.

Baha, I have a few questions and I hope you can answer soon

1.How do I configure the AI to have the same dogfight awesomeness from your video?

I'm in need of a very extensive dogfight scene that can amount to more than a dozen aircrafts.I've been experimenting with the AI but can't seem to get a good result of a dogfight.It even amounts to the AI not doing maneuvers to avoid the missile like in your video.Does have to do with the crafts maneuverability or solely on settings?

2.Is there a way to configure the AI to switch back and forth gun and missiles?

For a more up close dogfight, I want the AI to use the vulcan more than missiles.For example, the AI will attempt to get in closer to its target to use the vulcan and if in perfect position will fire the missile.

I know this is more of a request, so this is a suggestion.

3.Is it possible for to have a variable that adjust accuracy?

I dont want my tanks to instantly blow up by laser accurate turrents.Is there a way to have say team B to miss their shots more? I require this in a tank battle scene where team A will have to fend off artillery and enemy tanks. This would have to do with guard mode.

I probably have more questions to ask that ran away while writing this.

With all respect Baha, I know you're very busy with your new game, so I wouldnt complain if you don't have time to help.

Thank You for making this mod and in extension my Youtube Channel.

Peace! :wink:

Another question - I'm upping the maxTargetingRange and maxEffectiveDistance of the laser beyond 5000 (currently 20000, my physics range - everything else seems to be working ok), but Guard mode will not use it unless something approaches to about 2000, even if it's the only weapon. Is that something hard-coded?

@victor tan

1. It matters on both the maneuverability of the craft as well as the settings. No matter how you set it it can't make a brick dodge a sidewinder. I've done tests with my super-maneuverable fighter and it can effectively fight as well as evade all but the closest of missile fire. It took a lot of tweaking (6-8 flights) to find settings so that the AI could maneuver, but wouldn't end up over-correcting itself into the ground.

2. The selected weapons actually depend on the Weapons Manager Guard, which picks weapons based on distance, and effective range (for guns, it chooses the gun with the most turning range). It won't really use the guns until close range, but will likely choose close range missiles over a static vulcan.

3. Can't properly answer this what with me not being Baha.

@Temeter I tend to get use out of both. The AMRAAM is a good initiator, making the enemy slow down/ blast away all the flares, giving you a chance to deal in a good hit. The AMRAAM also is not intended for close combat of any means beyond a last ditch spam against a cruiser.