[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Have you turned guard mode on? You need to turn both AI and guard mode on. And in case if you did you set the teams up and armed weapon managers?

That was the problem, I forgot to set guard mode on. Thanks for the tip.

While I'm disappointed that modular missiles have fallen to third, you never fail to impress and that targeting system looks amazing. Lots of things you could do with that. You could integrate it into the modular missile guidance or maybe even make a guided variant of the cluster bomb that can be aimed at the centre of a group of units. I wonder if you could even use it to guide a different craft like a target painter. For example you could send a drone to go and lock onto a target and then launch an ICBM which will be guided by the drone's targeting system or make a tank that can call in an airstrike to assist it.

While I'm disappointed that modular missiles have fallen to third, you never fail to impress and that targeting system looks amazing. Lots of things you could do with that. You could integrate it into the modular missile guidance or maybe even make a guided variant of the cluster bomb that can be aimed at the centre of a group of units. I wonder if you could even use it to guide a different craft like a target painter. For example you could send a drone to go and lock onto a target and then launch an ICBM which will be guided by the drone's targeting system or make a tank that can call in an airstrike to assist it.

The possibilities are only limited by KSP's phys range limits.

Wow..that..looks...amazing.

Any word on my suggestion of target markers for KSC buildings? I guess the Laser guidance would kinda make up for it. Maybe.

Yeah, you won't need it because the new targeting system would allow you to target any arbitrary point on the surface.

The possibilities are only limited by KSP's phys range limits.

Yeah, I was thinking of using satellites for targeting too before I remembered they wouldn't be able to see anything and it wouldn't be possible to have the missile, target and satellite all loaded at the same time. There are some kerbinside bases in mountains though, so an ICBM launcher could be nicely concealed behind a mountain whilst a drone lets it see its target.

And here's a prototype test for laser/tv targeting

http://gfycat.com/DesertedPlaintiveAegeancat

I'm so excited right now! This is something I've been dying to have but at the same time didn't even have the first clue of how to implement it. I've been using hullcam and IR to make FLIR balls to look around this will do the same thing but in a much better way. Thanks BD - Keep up the great work.

Yeah, you won't need it because the new targeting system would allow you to target any arbitrary point on the surface.

Question is though, will it acknowledge the building, or will it target the ground just past the building? If you could make the laser targeter acknowledge buildings' hitboxes that would would be great.

Question is though, will it acknowledge the building, or will it target the ground just past the building? If you could make the laser targeter acknowledge buildings' hitboxes that would would be great.
I'm so excited right now! This is something I've been dying to have but at the same time didn't even have the first clue of how to implement it. I've been using hullcam and IR to make FLIR balls to look around this will do the same thing but in a much better way. Thanks BD - Keep up the great work.

Yup, it'll detect and surface-stabilize with any point the "laser" hits.

Here's more of a demonstration:

While that's epic, it won't be the same in KSP. The fighters in BSG behave like jetplanes in atmosphere. In KSP there would be no hard maneuvering or dodging of missiles/'lasers' in space.

Edit:

I have decided to close the poll due to a number of reasons.

1. The poll allowed multiple voting and people took advantage of that.

2. It has become clear that a logical progression of the most popular items are:

- Targeting, guidance, and detection systems

- AI upgrade (since these need to be built around said systems)

- Modular parts are cool but not necessary

- I'll leave the rest for later.

Thanks guys

Edit:

And here's a prototype test for laser/tv targeting

http://gfycat.com/DesertedPlaintiveAegeancat

I never quite ment fighters, What i meant was better capital ship combat. You know more accurate missiles, The HeKv Missile just doesnt cut it, In space a missile should just be able to decouple and once its cleared the ship it will aim for its target and fire its engines. Also the lasers are cool but they need to target random parts of a ship instead of a center of mass, Otherwise the ship doesnt last long.

OH. GOD. YES. Please please please please release this before I have to go back to school and run out of time

Edit: So before the end of August or thereabouts

Oh wow! I didn't see the guidance pod before. That looks amazing! I swear every time I think you've run out of cool stuff to make you throw something like that at us. Hey any chance of a scalable / full screen camera window toggle? I do like the window you have now just curious.

Are you going to work on the AI using fixed guns? Because of few of planes try to turn fight fighters that can maneuver a lot better, i.e heavy fighter tries to turn fight interceptor.

Now that you're working on the mod again, I was wondering if we could get some sort of launcher tubes and some surface to air missiles to go inside.

Some ideas for the missiles:

FIM92 Stinger - 5km - Small Explosion

MIM146 ADATS - 10km - Medium Explosion

RBS70 - 8km - Small Explosion

Now that you're working on the mod again, I was wondering if we could get some sort of launcher tubes and some surface to air missiles to go inside.

Some ideas for the missiles:

FIM92 Stinger - 5km - Small Explosion

MIM146 ADATS - 10km - Medium Explosion

RBS70 - 8km - Small Explosion

I'd rather like surface to surface missiles and rocket artillery, because there are no such weapons in the game yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally I won't need to aim my whole VTOL to shoot satelite dishes with hellfires. And how do you plan to make radars working?

Please Try and integrate this into Raster Prop Monitor :o it would be incredible if you could.

Is this DCS World or kerbal space program?

My God that would be awesome. DCS where you design your own planes!

Is this DCS World or kerbal space program?

My God that would be awesome. DCS where you design your own planes!

Well between BD B9 and RPM We are getting there :) Also throw in Scatterer EVE and AVP or KSPRC and you're well on your way to a potent recipe.

Any chance of a download for your AMAZING F/A-18?

On another note....

​THAT LOOKS EPIC!

Dedicated bomb bays would be awesome. Like cargo bays but with hardpoints built in for attatching ordnance to. I have a really hard time fitting more than four bombs in a cargo bay.

A few more modular parts would be great, like a Phalanx CIWS, GAU-12 Equalizer, daisy cutter bombs.

The laser targeting looks sweet.

Dedicated bomb bays would be awesome. Like cargo bays but with hardpoints built in for attatching ordnance to. I have a really hard time fitting more than four bombs in a cargo bay.

A few more modular parts would be great, like a Phalanx CIWS, GAU-12 Equalizer, daisy cutter bombs.

The laser targeting looks sweet.

Here is some food for thought with currently available components. 19 various bombs and rockets in a pair of MK2 cargo bays upside down.

Edited by V8jester

Here is some food for thought with currently available components. 19 various bombs and rockets in a pair of MK2 cargo bays upside down.

Wow, that's really great!

Now if something like that was included in BDArmory (so I don't have to figure out how to build it) and would rotate to the selected ordnance automatically, that would be amazing.