[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Wow, that's really great!

Now if something like that was included in BDArmory (so I don't have to figure out how to build it) and would rotate to the selected ordnance automatically, that would be amazing.

But this is KSP ;) Ask not what your modders can build for you, but what you can build to blow the other guys on the forum away with what you have :)

Besides that bomb bay would need to be completely rebuilt to hold a different load out of bombs. The skewer would stay the same but the layout of rails around it would change. So its hard to make one part that can do so many different jobs. It's some times easier to use the many parts you already have access to, to make something new. Just ask lots of questions and pick up what you can. You look new to the forum so just be aware most anyone on here is happy to help you learn more about the game and just how far you can push things.

Edited by V8jester

I have tried with a .50 cal gun and a Vulcan turret. I have maxed the range and field of view. It switches to None only when it scans. I have a little test plane right in front my plane but it still won't find it. I have tried from further away but still nothing happened

Was scanning the thread for info on making the cannon shells non-explosive and saw your comment. I had the same issue with everything that fired bullets like the 30mm 20mm etc not targeting anything. Editing all the config files for those guns to make them fire cannon ammo will make them target vessels and missiles.

Just curious, with the new targeting system, would it be possible to use the teams system to make it so that you cannot see the markers of vehicles on the enemy team, so make encountering enemy forces and engaging them more interesting?

Just curious, with the new targeting system, would it be possible to use the teams system to make it so that you cannot see the markers of vehicles on the enemy team, so make encountering enemy forces and engaging them more interesting?

I don't think I can tell KSP which vessels to show markers, so for 'Hard mode' you'll want to turn the markers off altogether (f4).

I have finally started work on a parts pack for this mod, but i don't know if i have to ask permission first. can i just start and tell you when its finished?

You don't need my permission for anything as long as you obey the license.

Keep in mind, though, that I'm re-doing the turret modules, so you'll have to reconfigure it when I release the update.

Edited by BahamutoD

Now that you're working on the mod again, I was wondering if we could get some sort of launcher tubes and some surface to air missiles to go inside.

Some ideas for the missiles:

FIM92 Stinger - 5km - Small Explosion

MIM146 ADATS - 10km - Medium Explosion

RBS70 - 8km - Small Explosion

I've thought about something like this, like preloaded turrets ala the SA-8/13/15 or just pick a SAM that comes preloaded. Modular armored box launchers would be cool too.

Ooh oooh! Idea!

A simple way to add a radar: a module (in-line, radial (think AWACS) and nosecone) that adds a marker on any target within its range. Then we just hit F4 to remove any KSP markers et voila! Perhaps even add jamming (invisible for radar unltil you get close) and data sharing. Then you can have a big AWACS flying around while jets take out ground targets

After working on this for MONTHS, i feel like i'm finally ready to release this into the wild.

I made a mod that adds some WWII turrets into BDArmory. If you are interested, click the picture below.

UmZwVf7m.png

On a completely different note. DCS + KSP? <TEARS OF JOY>.

Edited by CrayzeeMonkey

Ooh oooh! Idea!

A simple way to add a radar: a module (in-line, radial (think AWACS) and nosecone) that adds a marker on any target within its range. Then we just hit F4 to remove any KSP markers et voila! Perhaps even add jamming (invisible for radar unltil you get close) and data sharing. Then you can have a big AWACS flying around while jets take out ground targets

f4 would remove any and all markers i'm pretty sure.

Although, the aiming marker doesn't go away, so maybe that idea will work.

f4 would remove any and all markers i'm pretty sure.

Although, the aiming marker doesn't go away, so maybe that idea will work.

Thats why I offerd that the radar adds his own icon over a target, one that doesnt go away with F4. (If thats possible, i dont know much about the inner workings of KSP)

As long as I have tried regarding BD+RPM:

By adding resource variables we can easily add weapon amount indicator on HUD.

//What is below is what I haven't done

By tweaking VesselViewer we can create a screen displaying weapon and countermeasure like normal fighters.

CCIP (Continuous Calculation of Impact Point) is given in BD but not perfect,

Putting machinegun shooting cue on HUD will require a lot of work.

The concept of radar-it regards to what degree of simulation you would like to achieve.

You don't need my permission for anything as long as you obey the license.

Keep in mind, though, that I'm re-doing the turret modules, so you'll have to reconfigure it when I release the update.

Hi!

I created my own fun part to mess around with that is based off of the hellfire missile. Do I have permission to be able to put it up for download?

Checklist:

1 ) Does it follow the license in the first post? 0 YES | 0 NO | 0 NOT SURE

2a) Did I use any assets whose license prohibit redistribution (without permission)? 0 YES | 0 NO | 0 NOT SURE

2b) Did I ask permission (where applicable) to redistribute said assets? 0 YES | 0 NO | 0 NOT SURE

3 ) Do I think my part is interesting enough to distribute? 0 YES | 0 NO | 0 NOT SURE

If you answered 1, 2b and 3 with YES, and 2a with NO: Go for it! Don't even ask!

If you answered NOT SURE four times... you may want to find out before continuing. ;)

(Just having a bit of fun. Hope you laughed! If not, I'm sorry.)