[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I'd think that the best way to set up the AI is to test them out on your planes and adjust accordingly. I mean a super maneuverable plane is not very effective in the hands of an AI that can only turn at 1 degree a second.

I think that the plane is the trick.

Forgive me if this thread is not intended for support, but I simply cannot get this mod working; on every attempt, I end up with all the parts being freely available, but no toolbar and no functionality. Yes, I have moved the BDArmory folder into KSP's main GameData folder. Several times. I have tried every conceivable fix--removing Hyperedit, new installs, old installs, etc., but the end result is always the same: All parts, no toolbar, no functionality.

Does anyone here have any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys! Just finished developing a new weapon! The Advanced Air-to-Ground Missile (XAGM). This is a top-attack missile designed to take out hard to reach targets amongst tight areas and between buildings where normal ground attack weapons could not reach.

Here's a demo video that pretty much explains it.

DOWNLOAD!!: http://www./download/cr00yn3n08eqv8d/XAGM.rar

Also, for some reason the missiles have two smoke trails. I dunno why.

Oh and thanks Baha for your suggestion. Could you also make a link to this weapon please? Just call it Tbone's XAGM or something.

I'll make a whole pack later on (and have a separate thread for it) with more fictional weapons. I might even make my own models. But for now, here's my first weapon (basically a tweaked and re-textured maverick). Enjoy! :D

How do you get those additional buildings? And that enclosed SAM?

Q: Does this mod work with DMP?

A: The short answer is no. BDArmory doesn't explicitly synchronize any data over the network, so things like gunfire, damage, etc experienced locally won't be seen by other players. Persistent values like guard settings may be synchronized if/when DMP resynchronizes vessel information so at least it might be possible to have one player set up a guarded base, while another person attacks it. Live PvP combat will not be sufficiently synchronized.

This may be changing soon; very soon

Edit: For expansion I've begun developing a DMP plugin that syncs all BDArmoury effects & damage

Edited by jediminer543
Improved detail

Hey BahamutoD, love your work, just have one issue that seems like it's been around for a while: The aimers seem to think my guns are pointing backwards. I expect this is something to do with the placement of the weapons, usually I'm using them hidden inside other parts with all movement ranges set to 0. Quite often the ship will first launch with the aimers out in front, but after switching into IVA view and back, or cycling weapons, etc, the aimers end up behind the craft. Searched the thread for "behind" and "backwards" and didn't see any references but I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in 400+ pages! Turning on aim assist often fixes it.

Edited by allmhuran

Are there any plans for a helicopter AI? I know you've got loads of stuff to work on but I would love a heli AI, especially if it would work with TCA or a similar mod to allow helis/VTOLs to work if the engines weren't perfectly positioned. Speaking of VTOLs, a VTOL AI would also be another awesome feature that you probably don't have time to implement.

- - - Other stuff - - -

Additional buildings are from Kerbin side.

I think the SAM is an LLL cargo bay tail thing with bd missiles inside.

The additional buildings is a mod called Kerbin Side.

and the enclosed SAM silos are scaled down (with tweakscale) Lack Luster Labs (LLL) cargo bays.

Hey, Baha, could you add a prograde clearance check for all missiles with drop times less than .3 seconds? I'm having a huge problem with the Hellfires where I have two of them mounted onto one missile rail in line with each other and the rearmost ones always launch first and ram themselves into the hellfire in front of them, sometimes with disastrous results. If you could do that I would immensely appreciate it.

ALT-B to bring up the options. Click 'set key', then press your joystick button.

Well, sucks for people like me who don't read manuals :blush:

Have this feature suggestion then: Add your BDArmory button to the KSC scene and make it open the config dialog. Quite simple and would make it more N00b friendly accessible for new players.

Nice plane btw. :)