[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Guys, sorry for writing that much, but why does my ECM pod turn of immidiately after turning on? There is more ihan enough electricity.

- - - Updated - - -

Way Many Updates :confused: ^

Yes indeed. :P Ideas jump into my head after random intervals of time and never at the same time

So I might(probably) just be an idiot but how do I get the weapons to actually shoot things down like they are supposed to? I have a radar, goalkeeper, and interception missiles mounted on a truck. I target a jet on the other "team" and fire the missiles and thy just go straight and don't actually target the jet. Also I thought with the goalkeeper that when you aim at a target it is supposed to adjust where it actually fires at to hit it? Thanks in advance!

Also, you should select target on radar's screen.

See this baha's video for a targeting tutorial:

Btw, GOalkeeper no longer has a muzzleflash :(

Edited by sashan

So I might(probably) just be an idiot but how do I get the weapons to actually shoot things down like they are supposed to? I have a radar, goalkeeper, and interception missiles mounted on a truck. I target a jet on the other "team" and fire the missiles and thy just go straight and don't actually target the jet. Also I thought with the goalkeeper that when you aim at a target it is supposed to adjust where it actually fires at to hit it? Thanks in advance!

Unless you have it set to use the old targeting system, you don't need to target the craft at all. You need to find the craft on a radar (for radar missiles) to get a lock on. Heat seekers can use radar, or if you fire them at the optimal angle to get a lock on the targets heat sig.

You can no longer use laser missiles for air to air. :P

But guard mode doesn't work with current radar system. Waiting for next update Baha. :P

Guys, watch the video above. It's teh best tutorial.

EDIT: Tried adding radar to CIWS. It doesn't work radar and gun targeting conflict with each other. This is really needed feature, waiting for fix.

Real CIWS tracking radars usually move with gun elevation/traverse, and can track targets within certain cone angle from boresight line. And they have separate tracking radars.

We really need turret-within-turret feature to do things like this. Scanning radar on back, tracking radar on its "turret" mounnt in front of turret, guns and missiles.

2s6_tunguska_self-propelled_gun_anti-aircraft_armoured_vehicle_Ulraine_Ukrainian_army_001.jpg

Just throwing ideas into idea pile :P

Edited by sashan

Are you managing the mod for CKAN as well? That seems to still have v0.8.3 on it. if It's not you, I'll see if I can't figure out who to annoy to make sure they stay on top of it :P

EDIT: oh dang, you just released 9.0 and 9.1, so it's not really lagging behind at all! Funny timing! Well, I put in a pull request to update the metadata.

Edited by draeath

Just noticed that phys distance setting dissapeared from latest version. :( The 0.9.1 one you've just posted.

Also, all the radars should have absolute maximum range. It is defined by interval between emitted pulses.

Okay, okay, I'm away to sleep.

Edited by sashan

Also, you should select target on radar's screen.

See this baha's video for a targeting tutorial:

Btw, GOalkeeper no longer has a muzzleflash :(

As I figured, I am indeed an idiot. I was using the large radar that isn't able to track anything..... Thanks all!

Read all the posts since the new release and haven't seen anyone mention this issue yet:

I sometimes use the 50cal. turret as a fixed gun by changing all of it's settings to zero and Fire Limits to None, but now in 0.9.1 when I do that the gun won't fire at all. It does fire with default settings.

Maybe I'm just stupid but how can I set Guard mode to automatically pick targets and shoot? It doesn't work. It doesn't track targets and doesn't shoot them. I've tried to use radars but they only target vessels in manual mode. They doesn't target them automatically. What am I doing wrong?

Hey Baha, How exactly does Guard mode with AA guns work? I've tried everything to let my CIWS guard the KSC from attacks I've sent but only the missile truck fires.... is there something I'm missing

I have guard mode set max range with 360 FOV and an interval of 2

I have also linked it to radar (and done it without linking) with no success.

Hey Baha, How exactly does Guard mode with AA guns work? I've tried everything to let my CIWS guard the KSC from attacks I've sent but only the missile truck fires.... is there something I'm missing

I have guard mode set max range with 360 FOV and an interval of 2

I have also linked it to radar (and done it without linking) with no success.

I have has the same problem. When an enemy plane comes into range the guard switches to the weapon, but doesnt move or fire it. Then it switches back to none when the enemy plane leaves its range

^ Did you guys try 0.9.1? Something broke shortly before 0.9.0 so I had to fix the turrets for the guards.

Read all the posts since the new release and haven't seen anyone mention this issue yet:

I sometimes use the 50cal. turret as a fixed gun by changing all of it's settings to zero and Fire Limits to None, but now in 0.9.1 when I do that the gun won't fire at all. It does fire with default settings.

I have a hunch on that. I'll take a look.

edit: Fixed it.

Just noticed that phys distance setting dissapeared from latest version. :( The 0.9.1 one you've just posted.

Looks like there's errors if you open the settings menu when not in flight. I'll fix it.

It still works in flight though.

Edit: Fixed it.

I have a question in regards to cruise missile targeting. Is there ever going to be ground scanning radar? .

Maybe, eventually?

Okay, so the Abrams Tank turret and the Millinium turret don't shoot through the ship, so far it's only the Air Born laser that does.

Found it and fixed it.

Is that ballistic missile guidance I see? Time to break out the big boys

Yes, but for now its only accessible in MissileLauncher modules, not the Modular Missile Guidance unit.

Thanks again for the quick reports.

Edited by BahamutoD

^ Did you guys try 0.9.1? Something broke shortly before 0.9.0 so I had to fix the turrets for the guards.

Upgraded before I posted that... it's a problem in 0.9.1 (I always keep tabs on the forum)

again is it something I'm missing, or is the fix actually confirmed to work?

I see it. It still works with legacy targeting though. I have to recommend to just use legacy targeting when dealing with guard mode and AI until I upgrade everything to use the new systems properly.

Hotfix v0.9.2

= Changes =

- Adjusted TGP reticle sizes again

- Added reticle for where TGP is pointing when not ground stabilized

= Fixes =

- Fixed legacy targeting on GPS guided weapons

- Fixed errors in settings menu when not in-flight

- Fixed turrets not being able to fire if pitch or yaw range are locked to 0

- Fixed ABL firing through own vessel

- Returned 'toggle' action group for guns

Edited by BahamutoD

Is there a way to allow other parts to be used as a radar? I use the QuizTech aero pack for most of my cockpit parts and they are modeled on aircraft that use forward-looking radar in real life. It would also be useful to add radar to the MK2 front cockpit as it does not have a forward attachment node, and would likely have enough room to have a built-in radar dish.

So is there a line that can be added to a part's ".cfg" file to give that part radar?