[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I need to ask something. When I use radar with 120* field of view on my VTOL, then do I need another ground based radar to detect incomming missiles behind me?

Of course. You can use AWACS radar tho. :P It can't track targets, detection only.

Baha, we really need radar added to Goalkeeper. Large ground radar has nice sensitivity but can't track targets. COmbining it with CIWS would give great results.

Also, ground AI won't fire Millenium gun at me, onlt missiles. USed those SAM missiles and ground tracking radar:

fpec0nF.png

Also, I don't know why but Millenium can't hit target. My Jetcat flies right through those explosions without even a scratch.

Edited by sashan

why not use the medium sized locking radar and to have an awacs tower too.

Because only one radar can be active at a time. And having two separate vessels is not always desirable.

Btw, I see that AMRAAM loses lock if it is still not in self-homing mode. Real one just approximates target position basing on available previously data and tries to find it with is own radar.

Is jamming supposed to make target invisible to radars? Cause it does now. It should make icon jitter instead.

Edited by sashan

Ok. The locking radar alone could work then. I mean the large, non inline one.

It is more than 7 times less sensitive.

Good manual about radar modes: http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/250300/manuals/F-15C%20DCS%20Flaming%20Cliffs%20Flight%20Manual%20EN.pdf?t=1404412233

Boresight mode should have various cone angles based on weapon selection.

Vertical scan mode would be good as well. It's similar to boresight, but radar scans 5 degrees left and right and -2 to +50 donw and up.

Edited by sashan

For some reason, my 'slave turrets' option doesn't work.

I have an M230 turret on my plane with the targeting pod that comes with BDArmory. However when i use the targeting pod, lock the target and click 'slave turrets'. The M230 doesn't seem to respond to it when i switch to it.

Also, why are AMRAAMs so tough to dodge?

Edited by CrayzeeMonkey

[...]

Also, I don't know why but Millenium can't hit target. My Jetcat flies right through those explosions without even a scratch.

I also have the same problem. I even got a direct hit of a shell(but it was set to explode later, so I had no explosions :( ) and no damage was done. Not even a raise of temperature.

edit: I shot some bullet on a plane while it was on the ground. explosions does have some effect with a direct hit.

A quick suggestion: AI/guards should prioritize destroying enemy radars over enemy SAMs without radar.

Well it may work in some scenarios and playing style. But this may not work for everyone and every scenario. Just a thought.

Is there a way to quickly change the fuse distance of the shells launched by the millenium cannon?

it would be useful when a plane is moving fast enough toward you or away from you.

No, not really. If you have a target lock, it just calculates the timing with some random variance.

Is it just me or are all parts listed under Precision Engineering tech node? Or is it intentional?

It's intentional in the sense that career isn't supported at this time.

Would it be possible to separate the jammer traits? I just thought of something for RvB about making nosecones that were separate from jammers and radars; there would be a regular nose cone, and a stealth nose cone that would only reduce the RCS of aircraft (obviously it doesn't draw power and isn't toggleable). Then I would make inline radar sets with various traits so players could mix radars with stealthy traits by swapping out nosecones. It's a few more parts, but it makes things more modular.

How it would work with stealthy nosecones and jammers... additive? I'm not sure yet as it would probably have to be playtested.

EDIT:

Speaking of which, I have released the pylons and so on for RvB here. Have fun!

Yeah, I guess I can separate the traits.

Trivia Question, in my career and sandbox games, when a vessel is equipped with weapons manager and any of the radars it is not able to detect anything, radar screen is blank, even when KSC is littered with old crafts and debris?
Any mods known to conflict? Updated with a fresh install and enemy or friendlies not appearing on radar screens?

At the moment the radars only detect airborne vessels.

I also have the same problem. I even got a direct hit of a shell(but it was set to explode later, so I had no explosions :( ) and no damage was done. Not even a raise of temperature.

edit: I shot some bullet on a plane while it was on the ground. explosions does have some effect with a direct hit.

I'm experimenting with different implementations of explosions. I also don't like how this one turned out so it'll change in the future.

Another quick question - is there a possibility of a radar part that does not come housed in a nosecone or shrouded in a hull section?

I've got at least one craft where the front end is an intake scoop, but adding another cylindrical section would throw off the balance of the craft and replacing a section that has fuel... well in this case it's so tight on fuel already that it's not really an option.

I'd like it if there was a smaller part that I could choose to "clip" into an existing craft like that via a small girder segment - or alternatively, place in a housing that I create myself (either from fairings or armor plating). You have radar dish models, but they don't work with tweakscale apparently. (I could probably figure out a way to customize the .CFG to add that bit of code, but then I wouldn't be able to share the craft on sites like Kerbal X etc.)

For all those who need radially attached radar... Hope it is clear enough how to do that. :P

scTHDCq.png

Also, you can use MM to add it to small nosecone or sas nosecone and mount it mig-19 style:

izumrud.jpg

This also allows rear-facing radar to control tail guns of bombers.

Edited by sashan

Ok- I was a little confused by the latest update at first, but now that I've got the hang of it, I'm really a fan.

I've been working on a hardened base that can be hyper-edited to a location for battles(without a part count through the roof) and I tried firing on it with the M1 Cannon. My rounds deflected off the angled sides, and ended up blowing up parts of the space center! :)

So the guard mode works great now, the only thing I've noticed is instead of the missiles firing from opposite wings like they used to, they fire from the same side. I put them on with symmetry in case that was it, but it does it for all missiles. Here's a pic: (Clown baby your jets are awesome, btw. I tried forever to make my own and they came out terrible. you're a genius)

F1BC7DE0324429A5ECBE067E237F4D55FCC91963