[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Because it physically doesn't work in space. Since it's a long lasting effect (not like an instantaneous explosion), it has to be stationary in a certain frame of reference, but there aren't any frames of reference that make sense. If you're in orbit and its stationary to the planet, it will fly by you at orbital velocity. If you use the velocity of the target as the frame of reference, then if the target is flying towards you, the explosion will fly towards you. If you use the bomb as the frame of reference, then if you drop the bomb on a planet, the explosion will continue to move below the surface. Etc. Plus, it was entirely unrelated to everything else I've been working on.

Could you put the charge on rails somehow? Like a planet orbiting another planet when dropped, then have a countdown long enough so you can get away from it?

greetings from Deutschland!

Just want you to Know that i could

Help the many modmakers out here

I have no idea how to make models

I have no idea how to make textures

But i can build airbound seabound and

Spacebound crafts to demonstrate the

Beauty off the mods you made.

And if anyone need something else feel free to contact me.

No ellen

As for reference frame problem - solution seems easy enough. If it explodes upon hitting anything- move explosion with that object. If it explodes in flight in vacuum - move explosion like the bomb was moving before. If it explodes in dense etmosphere - explosion is stationary in relative to planet, or moves at 0.1 ground speed of a bomb.

~snippity snip!~

Turrets are now oriented with Z is forward Y is up and X is right (unity standard). But if your gun is a fixed gun, just remove the ModuleTurret module. It's no longer required to set up turrets for fixed guns.

How about the base GameObject? (Where you place the PartTools component). Does it have to be oriented a certain way? Also, when i try to make aircraft weaponry when the aircraft gets to speed the muzzle flash 'falls behind' the barrel a little bit. How do i fix this? And in the .cfg what does DPS mean?

Also, every time an AI uses radar. The physics slow down to yellow speed. I do understand though, the plugin must be chock-full of raytracing. Also, do you still consider modular missiles a priority? I love modularity and i play games with modular components (Like StarMade, and i REALLY want 'From the Depths' because of it. Sadly my computer isn't in shape.).

While i'm here i might as well put forward a suggestion.

You should let the width of the weapon hardpoints (whatever it's called) be adjustable. The fins of the missiles overlap. Moreover, you should add alignment guides (That can be toggleable in the editor) for the guns and missiles (and maybe the hardpoints too) like what your Adjustable Landing Gear mod has. If possible you could use that checklist at the bottom right and send warnings to the user, like "This [weapon] is being blocked by [part] so it can't fire", or "This [weapon] needs [ammo]" and "You don't have a weapon manager".

Have an excellent day!

Edited by CrayzeeMonkey

As for radar slowdown - maybe add a simplified RCS checking using bounding boxes option? So that users can select between them.

EDIT: Critter crawler with 50cal turret is more deadly than the tank.

Baha, can you add a simple armor model? Each gun has "penetration ability" parameter defined, in millimeters, and parts may have has special "armor" module with thickness defined. If the penetration ability is smaller that 0.8 (for example) of armor thickness then no damage is applied. If it is between 0.8 and 1.2 of thickness - throw a dice and multiply damage by that. If it is above 1.2 of thickness - apply damage like usual (but maybe a little bit decreased)? If no armor module - use normal system. Or you may change the way of calculating, but please add something like that - doubt it is difficult.

Edited by sashan

Can we have the ability to bind hotkeys to arrow bottons of targeting pod as well as lock/unlock toggle?

Also, is it possible to imprint file version into DLL? Would make keeping track of versions easier.

Edited by sashan

So I've been working on some of the TGP features:

http://i.imgur.com/VZA8sQz.png

Unfortunately, the thing that makes vessels bright on NV mode also makes buildings bright. It makes targets really stand out against terrain though.

Also notice the buttons for following a radar locked target, and to point to the selected GPS coords.

Does this mean it will fly the plane there?

Update v0.9.6

= New =

- TGP can be slaved to the selected GPS target

- TGP can be slaved to radar locked target

- TGP NV mode illuminates vessels

= Changes =

- Changed heat-seeker growl to slide pitch from searching to locked sound instead of two separate clips

- IVA gun audio low-pass filter frequency is now configurable in settings.cfg

- Removed redundant filter effects on lower depth TGP camera

- Tracer size updates in OnWillRenderObject instead of looping through all pooled bullets for each camera

- Stopped guard debug log entries unless DRAW_DEBUG_LABELS is enabled

- Updated laser damage (Yski)

- Guard will use long-range turrets for distant targets if no missiles available (Yski)

= Fixes =

- Fixed missing references in AIPilot causing loss of control when loading AI on standby

- Fixed incorrect calculation with CheckMiss() that caused weapons to detonate prematurely

- Fixed CheckMiss to only check no-target during post-thrust as a miss on AAM and not AGM or others

- Fixed miss not being counted in certain situations

- Fixed guard attempting to use an inactive TGP

- Fixed anti-radiation missile behavior when fired without lock, or lost lock

- Fixed TGP turret-slaving not working on non-active vessel

- Fixed turret slaving breaking when both TGP and Radar are enabled

- Fixed clicking on gui triggering a cannon reload

- Fixed turret jitter when slaved

- Fixed ABL reticle when slaved

- Fixed ABL's rendered line and physical hit point when slaved

- Max guard visual range value is read from config file (Yski)

- Removed 8km limit for PooledBullet (Yski)

- Max bullet range is read from config file (Yski)

So my bug is that I set some launch parameters for a missile to use and when i use the right click menu to fire it follows them but if i use the weapon manager it doesn't.

I'm using node attachment, I don't know if that has any thing to do with it or not. Any help would be much appreciated!! i can make a video if you don't understand.:)

Baha I hate to be a pain, so I don't expect a hotfox for this, but could you maybe tweak the follow GPS function of the Targeting pod next time you release and update? I'm loving the function, it's just every time I switch targets I have to click "follow GPS" again. If you have the time, when you finish the next update, could you tweak it so that follow GPS is a toggle on off feature so that when its on, if you click a different coordinate, it switches without having to click follow again?

Thanks. :) loving this more and more!

I have a hunch that something would go wrong if the barrels are too far apart, and need to be able to handle that. The 'firing safety' (which also checks that the barrel is pointing in the direction you want it to) and turret aiming functions only reference one fireTransform, but perhaps it should calculate based on the average position and direction of all transforms.

Our modeler has redone the model, and it seems to be the point, now the turret works fine. Thx

Sweet dude. Hope 0riley and I aren't nagging you about the stealth raptor, but we're super close.

And I've been meaning to ask. What does the standby autopilot do anyway?

It doesn't activate until it detects an enemy. If it's parked it will stay parked until it detects an enemy. If it's flying I think it just flies a large circle.

So my bug is that I set some launch parameters for a missile to use and when i use the right click menu to fire it follows them but if i use the weapon manager it doesn't.

I noticed the same: manually launched missiles floated gracefully to freedom before flying off to do missile things, while guard mode launched ones never made it out of my cargo bay. Made for a nice explosion though.

I noticed the same: manually launched missiles floated gracefully to freedom before flying off to do missile things, while guard mode launched ones never made it out of my cargo bay. Made for a nice explosion though.

Sounds like its forgetting drop time when fired by the AI

Sounds like its forgetting drop time when fired by the AI

Agreed, but I don't immediately see why. It's calling the same FireMissile() method regardless of how you fire it, and I don't see any obvious cause in there either.