[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Say Baha, whats next on the agenda for BDA? Perhaps you might want to consider making a new poll for the next major update?

Baha has stated AI is next up once radar and GPS is finalised.

could you update the dmp kerbalstuff page to say that some multiplayaer capabilities are aailable through this guys fine work? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/130464-WIP-KSP-1-0-4-BDA-0-9-X-BDArmory-DMP-Add-on/page3

This would be more suitable to ask on the DMP forum.

However, Baha, you should add a link to his work in the OP.

If there is to be an update for the Guard AI, would it be possible to have them be able to target stationary vessels with bombs? That would eliminate aircraft flying into the ground trying to strafe crashed aircraft and ground targets. I know I could use Mavericks and Hellfires, etc. but I'm trying to recreate some WWII action.

Also, thanks for addressing my previous concern. Have some rep for this fantastic mod!

Hey Baha, do you think you could make it so that certain guns could use the GPS targeting system? If you did that, then we could, AT LAST, have working artillery!

You can already, go on the targeting pod, click 'to GPS' and then click 'turrets' to slave turrets to the gps co ordinates.

You can already, go on the targeting pod, click 'to GPS' and then click 'turrets' to slave turrets to the gps co ordinates.

Yeah, but that doesn't allos firing without line of sight.

You can do that, but in order to do that the targeting pod and the gun have to be on the same vessel.

You can do that, but in order to do that the targeting pod and the gun have to be on the same vessel.

wich then means you have line od sight/ an aircraft with a 105mm Howitzer or whatever, wich needs to have had LOS to get the coords, then land, anchor itself, fires, lauch again to check if it hit...

Defeats the point of artillery

wich then means you have line od sight/ an aircraft with a 105mm Howitzer or whatever, wich needs to have had LOS to get the coords, then land, anchor itself, fires, lauch again to check if it hit...

Defeats the point of artillery

I think everyone is missing the point of what I am saying. I would like to be able to slave turrets to shoot at GPS coordinates DESPITE the fact that the vessel in question A) does not have line of sight and B) does not have a targeting pod. The artillery unit would receive the targeting data from another vessel, like a spotter aircraft.

Speaking of, would it be possible to have a smaller, radially attached version of the targeting pod? Kinda like the one on the Reaper?

111018-Z-IF667-057.jpg

Well, to extend that, you can rotate it downward to get it as it is for the drone. Out of curiosity(no sarcasm), when is it not feasible?

I can sometimes cause annoying occlusion, but other than that, there isn't really an issue

Well, to extend that, you can rotate it downward to get it as it is for the drone. Out of curiosity(no sarcasm), when is it not feasible?

On very small aircraft. Also, the rotating it downward trick only works on very large airframes. On the smaller ones, it just leads to the back end of the pod sticking straight up out of the top. And I've also tried sticking it on diagonally and...well,let's just say it looks very...freudian.

it would be nice to make a feature to make it so that you can control an aircrafts max pitch in relation to the ground, every time i make an AWACS aircraft it always takes off, proceeds to try and ascend to its usual altitude via going vertical, as if it assumes it has a thrust to weight ratio above 1:1, stalls, and crashes. every. dang. time.

*edit* also, is it possible for the ai to use the laser targeting pod to jdam targets on the ground, or is that not possible, or IS that possible, but i just dont know how to do it?

Edited by stryker2279

Is there any way to tweak ricochet in a weapon's config file? I see several pages back that ricochet is getting a looking at since it's rather excessive at the moment. If there's tweaking coming in an update soon I can certainly live with that, otherwise I'd like to adjust it if I can.

Whenever i install and then use this mod, i can build things with it, but when i press launch i am in outer space and i cant do anything in the game. Does anyone know how to fix this?

This happens to me as well when using Maritime Pack and BDA. You're not in space but the scene and craft doesn't load. Try restarting the game and launch the vessel. If it doesn't load correctly, remove a mod and try again until it loads. Then report back and tell us which mod broke your install. :) (Or check output.log).

I think you have to be locked by the radar.

(like in real life. No kidding, for radar destroying missions with these types of missiles, the pilot have to get radar-locked, fire the missiles then do evasive maneuvre to not being shot down.)

No. IRL you don't need to be locked, you don't even need to be detected. Anti radiation missiles are designed to track with as little incoming radiation as possible, to minimize the risk. You don't even need to be inside the radar's effective range. It's way easier to track an active and stationary radiation source then reflected and dispersed waves. The only real limiting factor is missile's range - that's why HARM missiles (especially the Russian ones) are built with more delta v then e.g. mavericks. As long as the missile has the line of sight on the radiation source and is hit by the waves from time to time to correct its course it will track. It's kind of similar to how Slammers work in TWS mode in DCS, they don't need constant feedback on target location during semi-active phase.