[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Do we have support for bombs that can deploy a parachute after launch? My Tsar Bomba and MOAB might like one!

for now I've decided to add radial attach support to those bombs so you can attach a parachute manually, but I'd like to have one for the bomb built in

EDIT:

looks like I found the stock module for parachutes, so ignore the post I'll get to work lol

Edited by harpwner

I have a dumb problem where radar will completely not work for me. I've re-installed twice and the vessel is within the 20 km range and flying, but not a single radar will lock on. This is very likely just a problem of mine because no one else seems to get this, but I would appreciate some help.

Here's a video showing some improvements I'm working on for AI Pilot steering when using fixed guns.

Normal flying involves steering until the velocity vector is pointing in the desired direction. Since there is usually some amount of AoA required for this, aiming the velocity vector at an enemy often means that the vessel was not directly pointing at it.

Now, when trying to use a gun, the AI will directly point the nose of the plane to the desired direction.

They will also now use rudder to help aim the gun. They still normally use rudder for countering side-slip, and are much better at it (no more yaw oscillation).

Here's a video showing some improvements I'm working on for AI Pilot steering when using fixed guns.

Normal flying involves steering until the velocity vector is pointing in the desired direction. Since there is usually some amount of AoA required for this, aiming the velocity vector at an enemy often means that the vessel was not directly pointing at it.

Now, when trying to use a gun, the AI will directly point the nose of the plane to the desired direction.

They will also now use rudder to help aim the gun. They still normally use rudder for countering side-slip, and are much better at it (no more yaw oscillation).

A) Is this in the next update?

B) ETA on the next update?

BD, when you roll out the AI changes, can you include a ground AI? Because my tanks are gathering dust and have never seen any combat other than having guard mode turned on and having me peek-a-boo them for ten minutes just to kill ONE of them. Had to kill three tanks this way, ran out of shells on the third tank, had to ram the thing so that it flipped over.

Not sure if im the first to find this or not, but im running a clean game except BDarmoury and this error occurs

When reaching speeds of around 750 m/s and flying low to the ground objects on the ground will explode

Hopefully there is an easy fix for this or something but its difficult to find so i just posted it here

b16c997af6dc5325390ba2f4db7825b8.gif

Edited by Oats

How in the heck do you not ever lag in your videos!??:confused:

He does some serious editing, i know i've done it myself. You speed up the playback speed for the laggy bit and it normally comes good.

I think I may have found a couple bugs.

Read the description for details, but basically, even though the changelog for v0.9.6 says that ballistic weapons take their maximum distance from a variable in the part.cfg, my testing has shown that all bullets from all guns despawn 5,000 meters from where they were fired no matter what the variable or physics range is set to. (I set MaxEffectiveRange, MaxTargetingRange, and the physics range to 20,000m, but with no effect.)

Additionally, the Abrams seems to be shooting off when aimed using the targeting pod. It shoots high, and goes left or right depending on where the vehicle is turned.

I know I'm likely asking a lot, but what about having AI airstrikes? Perhaps it can be done in 2 ways:

ARMA II Simple Support Style: You target a location (GPS Or laser) and a plane spawns a distance away, approches and strikes the target, then flies away and despawns. The plane can be either a pre-made solid model, or you can set one of your planes, and it wil attack with the crafts weapons

AI Bring along: Perhaps simpler. You just have a plane on standby in the area (either orbiting or landedà, and when you call a strike, it moves in and strikes

I know I'm likely asking a lot, but what about having AI airstrikes? Perhaps it can be done in 2 ways:

ARMA II Simple Support Style: You target a location (GPS Or laser) and a plane spawns a distance away, approches and strikes the target, then flies away and despawns. The plane can be either a pre-made solid model, or you can set one of your planes, and it wil attack with the crafts weapons

AI Bring along: Perhaps simpler. You just have a plane on standby in the area (either orbiting or landedà, and when you call a strike, it moves in and strikes

This calling in a strike sounds like a cool idea, I would like to see it.

I think I may have found a couple bugs.

Read the description for details, but basically, even though the changelog for v0.9.6 says that ballistic weapons take their maximum distance from a variable in the part.cfg, my testing has shown that all bullets from all guns despawn 5,000 meters from where they were fired no matter what the variable or physics range is set to. (I set MaxEffectiveRange, MaxTargetingRange, and the physics range to 20,000m, but with no effect.)

Additionally, the Abrams seems to be shooting off when aimed using the targeting pod. It shoots high, and goes left or right depending on where the vehicle is turned.

I saw this too and I thought it might specifically be max effective range... ie, after the config range they do no damage, but I hadn't gotten around to testing that yet. I'm also not sure whether max effective range has any effect on lasers, I recall some notes saying lasers now always go to max physics range and scale down over distance based on a realistic calculation.

For my own specific purposes it would be nice if max effective range was also applicable to lasers in one way or another (eg, even if the beam continues out to the edge of the bubble, damage drops to zero beyond the specified range). But that's only because I'm using them to make replica battletech technology, where the lasers have different ranges. I doubt most people will be worried.

By pointing in direction rather than velocity vector, this should also reduce mid-air collisions, which was how the majority of AI dogfights ultimately ended once missiles were expended.