[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

is it possible to change the bullet damage system? maybe have it so the heat applied is deducted or made less by impact tolerance? and, to keep things more specialized as armored, and weak things weak against bullets, a system where parts with above average impact tolerance has there tolerance boosted, and those with below average will have theirs weakened.

is it possible to change the bullet damage system? maybe have it so the heat applied is deducted or made less by impact tolerance? and, to keep things more specialized as armored, and weak things weak against bullets, a system where parts with above average impact tolerance has there tolerance boosted, and those with below average will have theirs weakened.

AFAIK the heat applied by a shot is based on the inertia of the bullet and the impact tolerance of the part it hits. I guess if you wanted to increase the impact tolerance of the panels/I-beams/etc. you could write an MM config or something.

What weapons are they equipped with?

.50 Cal turrets. Forward mounted, with 0 yaw, -1 minimum pitch, and 0 maximum pitch.

That's the same setup I was running in the previous version.

How do you use cruise missiles? I have targeted GPS coordinates and they don't go there when I launched them? Also, why isn't the cruise altitude of missiles editable in the SPH anymore?

Weapon Manager tweakables were disabled in the last update for reasons I still cannot fathom...

Edited by Guest

.50 Cal turrets. Forward mounted, with 0 yaw, -1 minimum pitch, and 0 maximum pitch.

That's the same setup I was running in the previous version.

I just tested with the same setup you described, and the AI are engaging each other just fine. There must be some other detail you're missing. Please run the attempt again with 'Draw Debug Labels' enabled in the settings menu, and post your output log.

How do you use cruise missiles? I have targeted GPS coordinates and they don't go there when I launched them? Also, why isn't the cruise altitude of missiles editable in the SPH anymore?

Did you select the target from the GPS list after you added it?

As for the editor altitude tweakable, it looks like I misplaced a line of code, it will be fixed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconnaissance_satellite

Images taken by spy satellites are very detailed. Here's photo of the Pentagon made by Corona satelite made in 1967.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/Corona_pentagon.jpg

It's not bad especially considering the fact, that those were made over 40 years ago

I'm also pretty sure, that Google Maps images are made using satelites.

Basically weapon manager would search for vessels in LKO with special camera part.

As Scoundrel said, its not a matter of what's realistic. Its that in the game, vessels are literally not there/invisible on the ground when you're further than loading distance. On top of that, the terrain you see when you're on the surface isn't there at certain distances that have nothing to do with vessel loading distances.

Sorry if this is the dumbest possible question ever, but: How do you get your weaponry to target the vehicle you have targeted by double-clicking on it? It doesn't make the sight go over it, even when using the tracking radar and missiles.

Take a look at the radar tutorial on the first post. The new targeting systems don't involve double clicking vessels the normal way anymore.

PS I saw this video posted on reddit today - it's the highest quality video of live fire of many of the weapons used in BDArmory I've seen yet. You may find it interesting. It even has the smoke countermeasures I added recently and based off photos since there weren't any good videos. I was pretty close!

Edited by BahamutoD

I'm having a few issues, hopefully somebody can help me out. I ran a quick search of the thread and didn't find anything.

I mounted a few CIWS turrets and a Oerlikon inside a big plane, but when I HIT another aircraft all the weapons auto toggle to OFF even when I make sure the target aircract are on the opposite team. How do I stop this from happening?

Also, is there a way to force the AI to use specific weapons, or a combination of weapons?

Thanks!

So will the formation flying be an extension of burn together or will it be unique to BDA?

Also, with the formation flying, it seems that the AI only rolls to adjust their position relative to you, is there a way to make the mimic my exact movements, so I can make an airshow with coordinated aileron rolls and other maneuvers?

Any chance of adding more than two teams? Team c, team d, etc.? Or even allowing us to create/name our own teams?

Maybe eventually, but its not really a priority for me at the moment.

I'm having a few issues, hopefully somebody can help me out. I ran a quick search of the thread and didn't find anything.

I mounted a few CIWS turrets and a Oerlikon inside a big plane, but when I HIT another aircraft all the weapons auto toggle to OFF even when I make sure the target aircract are on the opposite team. How do I stop this from happening?

Also, is there a way to force the AI to use specific weapons, or a combination of weapons?

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean by 'when you hit another aircraft', but guards switch off their weapons if they decide that none of them are appropriate in the current situation. This could be due to a bunch of different reasons, so I couldn't tell you what's wrong unless you give some details.

I have mentioned a few times that I plan to let you limit the guard to using only certain weapons.

So will the formation flying be an extension of burn together or will it be unique to BDA?

Also, with the formation flying, it seems that the AI only rolls to adjust their position relative to you, is there a way to make the mimic my exact movements, so I can make an airshow with coordinated aileron rolls and other maneuvers?

This will only be in BDA.

It's often the case that if the AI mimics your exact movements, they won't be the movements necessary for it to maintain its position in the formation, since they might be drifting slightly and need to correct it. However, I did write a bit that tells it to copy your roll if it's already very close to its desired position.

I worked a little bit on DLZ for missiles today (dynamic launch zone). It will be configurable for each missile, and eventually guards will use it to determine which missile to pick.

You can see it on the right side of the radar display here. It changes depending on your velocity and your target's velocity. I'm accelerating and the target is turning towards me, so the max range is growing. At the end, I switch to the AIM-9 which as a shorter range.

http://gfycat.com/ClearcutWigglyBarnowl

Edited by BahamutoD

Yes the radar and RWR windows are not adjustable. It's incredibly cumbersome to scale GUI elements with the old unity GUI system, so maybe if there's an easy way to import Unity 5 GUI objects into KSP1.1, I might rebuild the windows using that (sigh).

I love this mod, really well put together, and probably the most realistic weapons mod out there! Having said that, I have a few requests/suggestions that I think would be simple enough:

1. It would be awesome if you would add a radial 40mm bofors, as well as a radial vulcan turret. The vulcan would be inset into the hull a bit, but would have a smaller targeting area, more like the 105mm is now. The problem I have is that the existing vulcan turret is just to bulky, and un-aerodynamic. These two things would greatly complement the 105mm, and would make an authentic AC-130 possible.

2. and that leads into the second request/suggestion I have. It'd be really nice to have a function for the AI that allows you to click a spot, and have it orbit around that spot at a set altitude, like actual gunships do. As it is, the bank is pretty heavy, and although that is understandable given the nature of turning, it's pretty much impossible to get it to orbit so that all guns stay on target.

3. Finally, It'd be awesome if you would include a little bit more information on certain weapon systems in the construction tabs. I have been having a hard time figuring out which type of lock system certain weapons use, as have others, and this would really help. Simply saying ex. "...is a (laser guided/gps guided/etc) weapon..." this would be a really easy addition, and if i had the information regarding these weapons i needed, I would write the text for you and email it.

Thats all I've got! I'm just now noticing the date on the previous forum post, so I'm not sure if this mod is dead, but hopefully you'll reply! This is a great mod, and am really looking forward to it's future!

I'm not sure what you mean by 'when you hit another aircraft', but guards switch off their weapons if they decide that none of them are appropriate in the current situation. This could be due to a bunch of different reasons, so I couldn't tell you what's wrong unless you give some details.

I have mentioned a few times that I plan to let you limit the guard to using only certain weapons.

http://gfycat.com/ClearcutWigglyBarnowl

I meant when shooting aircraft on the other team, the weapons get toggled off. Whether I have one of more weapons toggled on, as soon as I score one hit with a bullet or missile all weapons get toggled off instantly and have to be toggled on again. It could be a "guard" glitch since I managed to get in one iteration without a problem.

Limiting the weapons would be nice, but how about forcing it to use multiple weapons? I have stationary ships in the sea with defensive guns but they insist on only using one at a time... +1 to the request for a radial 40mm BOFORS and radial Vulcan. This mod kicks serious butt! Its on my permanent must have list now. I can't get enough of the explosions.

20944868376_413b60b8dd_c.jpgscreenshot256 by Kris Flory, on Flickr

This is the flying battleship, 5 guns currently of 3 types. The AI refuses to fire with more than one and always picks the worst one for the job. This is also the "gun toggle off" glitch craft.

20944912706_d7f172a7ce_c.jpgscreenshot47 by Kris Flory, on Flickr

Since someone asked about the temporary place holder HE-KV fix I made a few versions ago, I recompiled it with the newest version of BDArmory. Basically, this fixes the AI not using HE-KVs by making the AI treat them as ordinary air to air missiles, thus actually choosing and firing them. Here's the fix, simply replace the BDArmory/Plugins/BahaTurret.dll with mine and the AI should use the HE-KVs. Note that I didn't actually test the newer version, so let me know if there are any issues with it.

I am really interested on giving the AI the ability to use multiple weapons at the same time, or switch between them depending on the situation.

A basic idea that I had was a slider on each weapon, that sets the max range the AI should use such weapon, and an "Full range" button.

So, if I have two weapons:

Weapon 1 - 800m

Weapon 2 - 400m

And both with the button toggled off.

The AI will use the Weapon 1 from ranges between 400 and infinity meters, and only the Weapon 2 under 400m, it gives priority to the lowest max range weapon.

If the Weapon 1 has the always use button toggled on, it will be used even under 400m, thus it will use both at the same time.

If no weapon is in range, the highest range one will be used.

If two weapons have the same range, and none have the "full range" option, the AI will pick one of them, if any have that option, the AI uses both.

With these two you can get very complex weapon setups, making the AI use mulitple weapons at certain ranges and so on.

Another example of a complex usage is having a backup weapon, you set the max range to zero, when all weapons run out the AI will use the highest range weapon, which will be that one, at all ranges.

I hope it makes sense, if I need to explain it a bit better please ask.

Edited by tetryds

I am really interested on giving the AI the ability to use multiple weapons at the same time, or switch between them depending on the situation.

You could kick it up a notch and just have a separate gun AI.

In addition to the ranges, have it so that the weapon determines the priority rather than guard mode:

• anti-aircraft: Obviously it works for air to air as well, so it would be both SAMs and A2A missiles that use this

• anti-missile: For installations and ships, liklely only used with certain dedicated point defence systems

• anti-ground unit: This would allow tanks to focus fire on other tanks rather than at whatever is flying around, and for air to ground (A2G) weaponry, letting the AI bomb targets.

• dual purpose: This mode would be for ground attack planes or certain weapon systems that would focus on both A2A and A2G roles

• free for all: The weapon would alternate between AAA, A2M, and A2G modes and focuses on the nearest threat first. The millennium cannon is the only one I see using this.

This would allow various turrets on ships to operate as primaries, secondaries and as AAA; it would allow for certain types of ground AAA; it would allow tanks to have hull mounted machineguns or missile systems; and it would allow bombers to have turrets for that authentic WW2 feel.

1. It would be awesome if you would add a radial 40mm bofors, as well as a radial vulcan turret. The vulcan would be inset into the hull a bit, but would have a smaller targeting area, more like the 105mm is now. The problem I have is that the existing vulcan turret is just to bulky, and un-aerodynamic. These two things would greatly complement the 105mm, and would make an authentic AC-130 possible.

Vulcans you talk about are already in the mod they are called "Vulcan (hidden)"

xOE9Q5R.png

How does one use the Oerilngton (I don't know how to spell it)millenium cannon? By testing it, it seems to function like a flak cannon from WW2. Does the AI automatically adjust the explosion distance?

How does one use the Oerilngton (I don't know how to spell it)millenium cannon? By testing it, it seems to function like a flak cannon from WW2. Does the AI automatically adjust the explosion distance?

Yes, they do, not very precisely tho. IMO if you use radar targeting for it it also adjusts explosion distance.

It is very deadly between 2 and 3.5 kms, against aerial targets.

I just updated to the version with radar, laser, heatseeking, etc and I'm just getting the hang of things. Is there no way to make a fully functioning automatic AA? It seems I have to click the vessels on the radar for it to actually fire missiles.

Also, the ABL doesn't want to work as a ground-based AA, is that intentional or am I messing something up?