[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Hmmm, I've been thinking. Since so many people have been asking for tutorials and help with using the weapons, I thought I might make some in-depth tutorial videos on just about everything. So, that being said, Baha and fellow mod users, what do you think? I'm willing to make tutorials explaining how to use the weapons and systems. Also, if I do go through with this plan don't expect anything too soon since I really only have spare time on weekends, anyway tell me what you guys think.

The new Ma Deuce MGs are perfect! I wanted to build a F-86 just to use 6 of them but couldn't get the wings right to my eye so I slapped together a poor imitation of a B-57 Canberra that uses 8 instead. Its a spectacular low altitude (and slooooooow) attack craft. No glitches yet, and the AI is noticeably improved.

20870129020_ae6097145e_c.jpgscreenshot611 by Kris Flory, on Flickr

20871440619_656de59280_c.jpgscreenshot588 by Kris Flory, on Flickr

I need to download some bigger bombs for this guy, The B58 Hustler carried nukes exclusively. The 20mm Vulcan tail gun and radar gun laying is spectacularly effective and true to the real plane.

20437174803_6040810a52_c.jpgscreenshot591 by Kris Flory, on Flickr

21032005356_89b65e19cd_c.jpgscreenshot606 by Kris Flory, on Flickr

21032007876_b7c42214bc_c.jpgscreenshot590 by Kris Flory, on Flickr

Edited by Turd

BahamutoD, the AA missiles seem to be seriously under-performing. I sent up an unarmed drone on team B with AI piloting, then followed it and launched 6 AMRAAMs and 4 sidewinders at a distance of 1km. The AI was able to dodge all 10 missiles. It was easier to gun the plane down than it was to hit it with the missiles.

I was locked on with a Radome and the AI plane was directly in front of me, level with me, flying in the same direction.

Nice! Next update will be 1.0? And you will probably wait for KSP 1.1, right?

Maybe some weapons for the Kerbals, like guns or rocket launchers. Or you still haven't changed your mind on this? If so, please someone else make some firearms. We are waiting for it.

Also, you could almost make a new game. This mod adds so much stuff. Something like "Kerbal Democracy Program" haha.

Darren9 and Myself are working on just that. I got the new M2 working this morning :)

(More to come)

screenshot6_zpsqefwelhl.png~original

Edited by V8jester

BahamutoD, the AA missiles seem to be seriously under-performing. I sent up an unarmed drone on team B with AI piloting, then followed it and launched 6 AMRAAMs and 4 sidewinders at a distance of 1km. The AI was able to dodge all 10 missiles. It was easier to gun the plane down than it was to hit it with the missiles.

I was locked on with a Radome and the AI plane was directly in front of me, level with me, flying in the same direction.

I've been having this problem too! :( They just seem to lose their velocity from 400m/s to 100m/s in a few seconds...

I believe that I have discovered a kraken, I am not sure how many parts it affects yet, but so far I know that the mk 82 bomb is one. Here is the problem, with steps to reproduce:

1. In the space plane hangar, attach multiple mk 82 bombs (and possibly other weapons, I will test a bit) to a stock piece, such as an h beam or a metal plate.

2. select the piece that the weapons are attached to, and place them to the side so that they are red.

3. hit undo (alt-z in windows)

After this, you will not be able to use any of the UI, except for the right click info panels on parts, and the exit button, but when you press the exit button, it asks you if you would like to save, and you are unable to click anything except for cancel. The game does not crash, but you are unable to do anything except alt-tabing out and closing the game externally. As I said, I will test and report back as to whether this affects other weapons or not. I would send you a crash report, but since it does not crash, I am unable to do so. This has happened about 2 1/2 dozen times over the past week, but I only just put 2 and 2 together. Condor out.

Edited by CondorLead
Minor Grammatical Points

I believe that I have discovered a kraken

-snip-

After this, you will not be able to use any of the UI, except for the right click info panels on parts, and the exit button, but when you press the exit button, it asks you if you would like to save, and you are unable to click anything except for cancel.

It's happened to me before, but I assumed it was part of the finnicky nature of undoing. When it happened, I pushed alt-f12, then clicked show input lock stack, then cleared the lock stack, and things went back to normal.

It's happened to me before, but I assumed it was part of the finnicky nature of undoing. When it happened, I pushed alt-f12, then clicked show input lock stack, then cleared the lock stack, and things went back to normal.

Ugh XD Don't know why I never thought of that

EDIT: It just occurred again, and I tried what you said, but it had no effect

Edited by CondorLead

having some trouble, since the last update all the parts from BD armoury have gone, the only think i have recently downloaded is IR, IR rework and BD armoury and its not that, any ideas anyone? i tried a reinstall but its not working

EDIT: found the problem it was IR, i had to uninstall it :(

Edited by Ratboyslim

I believe that I have discovered a kraken

-snip-

After this, you will not be able to use any of the UI, except for the right click info panels on parts, and the exit button, but when you press the exit button, it asks you if you would like to save, and you are unable to click anything except for cancel.

I've also seen this. I did a clean reinstall of the game and all the mods and it went away. I've seen this without using any BDarmory parts as well. So I don't think its BD.

Hello guys/gals,

I hope somone on here can help, I should explain before I start that when I'm a complete noob when it comes to BD Armory so I could be doing something simple wrong.

Now this is my problem, I have 3 tanks (Team B) 12.5km away from my launcher system which is fitted with TWS Locking radar system and 4 AIM-120 AMRAAM missiles. I want to shoot the missiles at the tanks but the radar does not see the tanks, what am I doing wrong?

Hello guys/gals,

I hope somone on here can help, I should explain before I start that when I'm a complete noob when it comes to BD Armory so I could be doing something simple wrong.

Now this is my problem, I have 3 tanks (Team B) 12.5km away from my launcher system which is fitted with TWS Locking radar system and 4 AIM-120 AMRAAM missiles. I want to shoot the missiles at the tanks but the radar does not see the tanks, what am I doing wrong?

The radar and amraams work best against air targets. If you want to shoot a ground target a laser guided missile with the targeting pod works great. Or you can use the legacy targeting system by enabling it in the "alt-b" menu, and then just double click the target and shoot. Hope that helps

I know this is WAAAYYY off topic, but am I the only one that thinks that a BDArmory video of a bomber squadron, or a nuke going off would sync perfectly to Aero Chord-Surface?

I can hear it now......

M-ma-mak-ma-mak-ma-ma-mak-mak-ma-MAKE THE GROUND SHAKE!!!

Or the Battlefield 4 OST?

OR Arma 3-This Is War?

Edited by Blu Drako

Hello guys/gals,

At this time radar can literally not see ground targets ("Landed on X"), only airborne ones. (Possibly space ones too)

Pretty hard to separate the static terrain from a static ground vehicle with a radar, should be easy enough to understand?

Use a lase or GPS coordinates. I think IR works too, though their heat signature probably isn't very big and AA missiles are quite inaccurate

- - - Updated - - -

I know this is WAAAYYY off topic, but am I the only one that thinks that a BDArmory video of a bomber squadron, or a nuke going off would sync perfectly to Aero Chord-Surface?

I can hear it now......

M-ma-mak-ma-mak-ma-ma-mak-mak-ma-MAKE THE GROUND SHAKE!!!

Or the Battlefield 4 OST?

OR Arma 3-This Is War?

The original Battlefield 1942 track is much better for that.

You know what fits even better though? Hell March 2. (WARNING: May cause extreme desire to launch dozens of kirovs and perform a giant invasion)

Just read the update changelog, and everything sounds wonderful, especially the new gun I get to test!

(I mean play with.) (I mean blow stuff outta the sky with!)

Ooh-Rah!

At this time radar can literally not see ground targets ("Landed on X"), only airborne ones. (Possibly space ones too)

Pretty hard to separate the static terrain from a static ground vehicle with a radar, should be easy enough to understand?

Use a lase or GPS coordinates. I think IR works too, though their heat signature probably isn't very big and AA missiles are quite inaccurate

- - - Updated - - -

The original Battlefield 1942 track is much better for that.

You know what fits even better though? Hell March 2. (WARNING: May cause extreme desire to launch dozens of kirovs and perform a giant invasion)

i do have to admit that the 1942 OST is better.

My favorites are the BF4, BF2, & BF2142.