[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Where can I find vehicles for downloading? Everything I tried creating (only aircrafts actually) weren't any well manoeuvrable, but I tried searching on the internet for other models and couldn't find anything.

If you're looking for vehicles you can find my aircraft here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/130444-Tbone-s-Modded-Replica-Sci-Fi-Aircraft-Ground-Vehicles%21

I'm still working on updating my ground vehicles and I have some new weapons in the works as well, please note that most of my aircraft require other mods, you'll find a mod list at the top of the forum.

sorry if this has been mentioned

How do I use the cruise missiles in the latest update?

Also weapons seem to over heat to easily. When I do carpet bombings with the 500 lbs they all explode when the first one hits the ground

also whats legacy mode? (Sorry I have been away for a while so everything is new to me)

Edited by War Eagle 1

Also weapons seem to over heat to easily. When I do carpet bombings with the 500 lbs they all explode when the first one hits the ground

also whats legacy mode? (Sorry I have been away for a while so everything is new to me)

Legacy mode is the old targeting system that doesn't need RADAR etc.

Update v0.9.9

= New =

- Browning .50cal AN/M2 Fixed Gun

- Added auto proximity gun target tracking feature (currently used on fixed vulcan and browning)

- FLIR Ball Targeting Camera

- Dynamic launch zones for missiles

- DLZ display for Radar and TGP

- Guard will choose an appropriate anti-air missile depending on target distance and missile's DLZ

- AI Pilot will go evasive if it detects someone firing guns at it

= Changes =

- AI is better at trying to stay behind target

- Guard only force-enables RWR if missiles are detected (note: guard needs RWR to detect incoming radar missiles)

- Guard FOV will narrow on engaged target

- Improved and re-implemented Pilot AI launch authorization so they won't take missile shots that will obviously miss

- Added targeting info to missiles' description where it was missing

= Fixes =

- Re-enabled guard tweakables in editor

- Fixed LoadedVessels being reset when using hyperedit to place vessel

- Fixed shells being ejected in front of gun when moving

- Fixed radar window resetting when another vessel loads

- Fixed parts disappearing from BDA category after a database reload

- Removed BDA parts from utility category

- Removed 'aam' homing type from HEKV-1 (still untested)

Notes:

- I didn't include the wingman commander yet; it's not finished yet and will need alot of GUI, so I'll wait for KSP1.1 for that too.

- Modders: check the new launch range values for missiles. This will help players and AI choose a weapon/time a shot based on how far a target is.

- The "auto proxy gun target tracking" automatically brings up the target leading indicators when you're near a target for the guns that use it - no need for radar lock.

- When a guard engages a target, it will have a sort of tunnel vision on the target - one effect is that it will be more likely to detect incoming gunfire and missiles from that target, but less likely to notice a different target firing at it.

http://puu.sh/jVsT0/16fdb81124.png

With the HE-KV fixed, I've now managed to make several orbits around Kerbin rather unwell. Sudden recurring cases of Kessler Syndrome. And no HBO for anyone.

Thanks BD!

Also having an issue where guard mode doesn't work.

Ok so I think I have Guard Mode now working on my Base Defense units. It looks like I have to get out of targetable range, 2000 meters before changing teams. Is this intentional? @BahamutoD

Edited by dcompart

Use the GPS Coordinator, as shown in

. It doesn't show the cruise missile itself, but it works the same.

It's annoying that not all the descriptions of the missiles say how to target them. But I'm pretty sure the cruise missile uses GPS.

I was playing with contracts and I ran in a peculiar bug. I made a contract that spawns an aircraft at 1000m, with pilot, guard and engines activated, so when the battle starts, it starts to fly just nice.

What happens tough is that it's bot invisible on radar from my plane and fails to launch missiles at me (but it fires with gun). My bet is that somehow the enemy craft didn't "take off" and therefore still count as "landed".

OK, so I want to have a "Marksman" AA system turret to mount on my IFV. As it turns out, it uses a Oerlikon 35 mm system... which we kind of have. However, it's in a giant turret. Any ideas on how to properly do that without some crazy clipping and having a giant turret sticking out of my turret?

(A radial flak/explosive autocannon would have been nice, and since I want to use this in turn based combat against friends do not suggest some other mod. We have a modlist and it is way too big already.)

This is where I want the turret BTW:

TEZ0fmb.jpg?1

Edited by Aerolfos

Baha is it possible now to have a working rocket launcher turret? Or is it unconcerned in the current version?

PS: My teammates and I tried to get one to follow the mouse and fire normally for several hours, and finally we failed.

PS2: The KAS config is now useless please remove the link on OP thx

Edited by Acea

I am having trouble with the RBS-15, in that it can't seem to accurately hit long distance targets, such as on the island. It just overshoots and hits the mountain behind the hangars. Is anyone else having this issue?

I am having trouble with the RBS-15, in that it can't seem to accurately hit long distance targets, such as on the island. It just overshoots and hits the mountain behind the hangars. Is anyone else having this issue?

im having problems with missiles overshooting in general, i cant even get my guard to fire AMMRAM's. when i switch to the guard it shows it locked and everything but it wont fire.

@BahamutoD

I have problems remembering which weapon uses which targeting system (heat, radar, gps, none). Could you please add indicators to the entries in the weapons list like small icons (flame -> heat; waves -> radar; satellite -> gps; circle -> dumb fire) or simply color code the text (red -> heat; green -> radar; blue -> gps; white -> dumb fire)?

This would greatly help us discerning the capatibilites of a weapon on-the-fly. It'll also reduce the amount of questions about how to correctly use the missles in this thread. ;)

Edited by *Aqua*

Hmm there seems to be a problem with ground craft as in they don't fire.

They just track me on radar and never fire with their guns(the Millennium cannon or the .50 cal) even if I slave turrets for them and also have guard mode on they still wont fire.

They just track me on radar and never fire with their guns(the Millennium cannon or the .50 cal) even if I slave turrets for them and also have guard mode on they still wont fire.

yep.

BAHA PLEASE FIX ALL THE BUGS

Baha, im having a problem with SAM sites not engaging. here is a video https://youtu.be/dilFV6JYKUY

EDIT: I tried the AMMRAM, it did the same thing.

Have you tried flying slower over them? In the video you were starting to get Mach effects. The new Guard and AI are smart enough to not waste a missile if it can't even catch up to you.

The big issue here is that there is going to be a sweet spot for the guns to intersect. Since the guns don't move they cannot correct for varying distances. So this becomes more of a trial and error kind of thing. Easiest thing to do would be aim the plane at a flat wall of the VAB when in flight to see where each of the guns is pointing. Take note, and adjust accordingly in the SPH. Unfortunately that's one of the limitations with fixed guns.

Perhaps make all of the fixed guns into "fixed" guns by making them turrets with like a 1 or 2 degree gimble.

Maybe add a range from gun crossover variable. Something that the ray-cast looks at for drawing the line of effect. ie. each forward facing gun draws a line between itself where its symmetry would be, determines the mid point on this line, then casts a point 90 degrees of this mid point forward to a distance decided by the user, and then those guns ray cast through that point in space to determine effects.

Hey Baha I have a bug report/feature request (Putting this as both since I don't know if it was a bug or just isn't in there).

Can you set it up so that the FLIR/Targeting Pod camera can be controlled by a joystick HAT switch? Honestly it just seems to make since to set it up like that to me.

Have you tried flying slower over them? In the video you were starting to get Mach effects. The new Guard and AI are smart enough to not waste a missile if it can't even catch up to you.

Well yes, most of my planes use the basic jet engine seeing as how that one gives off the least amount of heat, and barely gets above mach 1. They just don't fire.