[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

So I went and made some configs for Mk81-84 bombs, including the Snake eye and Jdam (which took a bit more trial and error).

Just throw the folder into Gamedata and the configs should go where they are needed.

Link

And they do....what?

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the Oerlikon 20mm looks like this: http://navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_2cm-70_mk234_gun_diagram_pic.jpg

And is used on AA batteries like that, maybe with a shield on the front. Anybody know of a weapons pack/have ability to add one of these?

Try NAS:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/131605-WIP-1-0-4-NAS-Naval-Artillery-System-0-2-2-(a-BDArmory-Addon)-Old-Empires-Oct-8

And they do....what?

BDA only comes with the Mk82 bomb, Mk82 SnakeEye, and Mk83 JDAM. I went and made configs for the 250lb (Mk81, Mk81 SnakeEye, Mk81 JDAM) 500lb (Mk82 JDAM) 1000lb (Mk83, Mk83 SnakeEye) and 2000lb (Mk84, Mk84 SnakeEye, Mk84 JDAM) bombs as well.

Basically they are smaller and bigger versions of the provided bombs.

CptHJ9H.png

Edited by FungusForge

Hey does anyone know if there is a way to place a part using a BDArmory plugin in a different Tab? Trying to fix a duplicate scenario when combining BD Plugins with KIS plugins.

And hey FungusForge

Another idea is just use Tweakscale so you don't have so many different kinds of bombs in your parts list. That's what I do.

I don't even think tweakscale can modify the blast radius and power of the bombs, and if it does (similarly to why I don't like Tweakscale) I doubt it would do so in a balanced fashion. And if I wanted to carry multiple sizes (e.g. 1 Mk82 and 2 Mk81's) they would queue in the Weapons manager as the same weapon. Which could result in dropping the heavier bomb on the light target, or dropping the light bombs on the heavier target, which is unnecessary frustration.

Hm indeed. It has the turrets, but I was more looking for a radial type, similar to the howitzer (The only radial that attached to the back, all others are side-mounted. Except Oerlikon which is turret only)

Basically for mounting 20mm flak / AA / autocannons on IFVs and similar.

Alright, I've got some feature requests, covering a wide range of applications:

SHIPS!

-Please extend the Visual Range slider to 10km. I know, that seems insane, but I've been working with Fengeist's Maritime Pack, and 10km is nominal engagement range, especially for big fat battleships. 3.5km is knife-fighting distance for ships- if I leave them on guard mode, they'll start attacking with their AAA because their big guns don't depress that far!

-Surface radar. Again, it's a requirement for ships, but it also works with the Exocet missile that harpwner is developing, and would probably serve better as a guidance mode for most of the heavy anti-materiel stuff that LORDPrometheus has.

- Battery Fire for anything with more than 1 type of cannon. Fires all guns in a user-determined group, spaced apart, so you can get that kick-butt volley effect.

Guard Mode/AI Improvements for Aircraft:

-"RIO mode": Fires countermeasures, locks targets, but leaves weapon choice and firing authority to the pilot.

- Instead of activating airbrakes (if present) once the maximum speed is reached, please make it default to climb. Energy management is key in any dogfight, and airbrakes just waste it.

-New slider: Operational Ceiling. We can already avoid one of the edges of atmosphere (the ground), but we also need to set how much of space we want to avoid.

- Try talking to the guy that did Pilot Assistant and see if you guys can share code. He's got some wonderfully made damping and axis/heading/airspeed/well everything control that benefits from a much longer time in development than the BDArmory stuff. With your AI filtered through Pilot Assistant, that would remove many of the headaches that tournament users get from the damping and sudden random stalling.

Weapons Rebalancing:

- .50 cal twin turret seems way too powerful- it will take out an aircraft within a half a second. Nerf again, please. That or add a 7.62mm or .303 turret with even less power to fulfill the "token anti-aircraft armament" slot for tanks.

- .50 cal M2 single fixed is way too heavy. Try .05 tons.

-The Goalkeeper CIWS seems to miss a lot.

-Lasers need a buff or a "collimated" version with multiple barrels. Check out

to see some real lasers in action- they're much more powerful than their BDArmory counterparts. It's also pretty funny to see ads produced by the military-industrial complex, anyways..... such a tiny, tiny target market! =P

-Category orphan: It would be very nice if the FLIR ball could bind to both buttons for up/down/left/right or an axis on a joystick. Flightsticks have a hat switch that's just perfect for that sort of thing.

That's all for now. Thanks for making an excellent plugin that's become the world standard for KSP weapons integration.

Edited by Kagame
Sometimes I don't make sense.

Alright, I've got some feature requests, covering a wide range of applications:

SHIPS!

-Please extend the Visual Range slider to 10km. I know, that seems insane, but I've been working with Fengeist's Maritime Pack, and 10km is nominal engagement range, especially for big fat battleships. 3.5km is knife-fighting distance for ships- if I leave them on guard mode, they'll start attacking with their AAA because their big guns don't depress that far!

Just go into the CFG for the weapon manager and you can change it in there.

- Battery Fire for anything with more than 1 type of cannon. Fires all guns in a user-determined group, spaced apart, so you can get that kick-butt volley effect.

Go back a few pages and you can see this has been requested many times.

- Try talking to the guy that did Pilot Assistant and see if you guys can share code. He's got some wonderfully made damping and axis/heading/airspeed/well everything control that benefits from a much longer time in development than the BDArmory stuff. With your AI filtered through Pilot Assistant, that would remove many of the headaches that tournament users get from the damping and sudden random stalling.

I believe Baha can handle it on his own.

- .50 cal M2 single fixed is way too heavy. Try .05 tons.

-Lasers need a buff or a "collimated" version with multiple barrels. Check out

to see some real lasers in action- they're much more powerful than their BDArmory counterparts. It's also pretty funny to see ads produced by the military-industrial complex, anyways..... such a tiny, tiny target market! =P

Both of these topics are known also.

-Category orphan: It would be very nice if the FLIR ball could bind to both buttons for up/down/left/right or an axis on a joystick. Flightsticks have a hat switch that's just perfect for that sort of thing

He said he will try to incorporate that in the next update.

Hey guys, just stopping by to let you know I'm still alive.

More importantly, I quickly wrote a little tool to help you guys set up battles.

Check out Vessel Mover.

As mentioned before, I'll be paying more attention and working on BDA after KSP 1.1 comes out, unless I need to fix something for 1.0.5. Thanks for your patience!

More importantly, I quickly wrote a little tool to help you guys set up battles.

Check out Vessel Mover.

As mentioned before, I'll be paying more attention and working on BDA after KSP 1.1 comes out, unless I need to fix something for 1.0.5. Thanks for your patience!

Boredom, the ultimate motivator.

Check out Vessel Mover.

This is amazing, BAD-T battlegrounds at a whole new level.

Guys i made this for the M1 Abrams turret to sit on.

It's done in sketchup, how do I import it into KSP?

http://i.imgur.com/ENnZe1n.png

If you would be so kind as upload this to the forums to download because i know a lot of people, myself included, would love to get their hands on as well as tinker with this well made tank chassis.

Check out Vessel Mover.

A) That's freakin awesome

B) Good to know your not dead

With the new star wars movie coming 'soon' I am hoping for someone to make a few star-wars based weapons, like the anti-vehicle turrets of the rebellion or blasters from the AT-AT or AT-ST.

Or simple Particle cannons from the X-wings or photon torpedos (just rockets that give a lot of light)

I can do it myself because i cant model

How come all of the bombs explode at once for me? It seems like once one hits the ground, the blast radius sets them all off. I'll check again in a second.

Also, is there a way I can hold down the "Fire" button to release bombs quickly? Like for carpet bombing? Is this the Ripple effect, and if so, how do I use it?

How come all of the bombs explode at once for me? It seems like once one hits the ground, the blast radius sets them all off. I'll check again in a second.

Also, is there a way I can hold down the "Fire" button to release bombs quickly? Like for carpet bombing? Is this the Ripple effect, and if so, how do I use it?

Try dropping them with larger interval.

As for ripple - click on it to enable it, set RPM of how much bombs per minute are you going to drop, then press and hold fire button. Don't forget to disable it when you switch to missiles :P

Try dropping them with larger interval.

As for ripple - click on it to enable it, set RPM of how much bombs per minute are you going to drop, then press and hold fire button. Don't forget to disable it when you switch to missiles :P

I believe you have to hit the "armed" button and hold down the gun/cannon fire key (Left mouse button by default), and hence not the weapon manager fire. It may work without arming and with holding the missile fire key, but I know for sure the ripple+armed works.

Also, carpet bombing works fine with just assigning the weapon manager "Fire" to 1, then just spamming 1 when over(-ish) the target.

I tried the ripple feature using the Fire button and with the trigger armed. It worked, thanks for that!

However, the bombs still all explode at once. I tried dropping them at a slower interval, but they still all exploded once the first hit the ground, and they exploded up the "chain" of bombs up to my bomber... and... :P

I'm using FAR, if that has anything to do with it. What could be causing this? Or is this normal? Last I checked, dropping multiple bombs didn't result in a very, very large airburst.

I tried the ripple feature using the Fire button and with the trigger armed. It worked, thanks for that!

However, the bombs still all explode at once. I tried dropping them at a slower interval, but they still all exploded once the first hit the ground, and they exploded up the "chain" of bombs up to my bomber... and... :P

I'm using FAR, if that has anything to do with it. What could be causing this? Or is this normal? Last I checked, dropping multiple bombs didn't result in a very, very large airburst.

Never had such problem. Which bombs are those? THe fact that they explode just means that the distance between them is smaller than their blast radius.

Try using a slower ripple. 650 RPM oughta do for missiles, but ~300-400 RPM is better for bombs.

Im experiencing the same problem without FAR. if you are going to ripple them set the ripple to 100. Yes its slow but so far its the only way to drop bombs without them exploding all at once. The bug is that instead of having them blow up individually the heat produced from it is recognized by all the parts in the blast area instead of just the intended targets

I posted this issue a while back but was completely ignored by everyone