[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

3 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

In the current release, the ABL is only selected by the guard for use against incoming missiles.  Have you tried the gun turrets?  Eventually options like this will be configurable.

I've tried gun turrets and I've missiles. Even the Radar Warning System says it is locked on (This is after I've locked on manually) and it refuses to shoot.

1 hour ago, MatsSanders said:

My guards are simply refusing to fire at anything, even though I have a locking Radar, Weapon Manager, and guard menu on. Anyone else having this problem. CsTGYVa.png

I had the same issue. The problem was with KebinSide. No idea how it is connected but after deleting KebinSide all works fine.

1 hour ago, flx said:

I had the same issue. The problem was with KebinSide. No idea how it is connected but after deleting KebinSide all works fine.

Well it seems I have a different problem, since I deleted KerbinSide and I still have the same problem. Thanks for trying to help though.

1 hour ago, Thingymajigy said:

Umm...how does the jamming pod work? It doesn't seem to do anything and turns itself off

You're probably running out of power. It sucks power, so make sure you have the generation capability beyond just your engines

Or just use it sparingly and pack some energy storage into your jet.

If you want to see it in action, go put a radar on the ground, lock it onto the jamming-capable vehicle, switch to it, engage the jammer, and switch back to look at the radar signatures.

5 hours ago, Angstinator said:

If you want to see it in action, go put a radar on the ground, lock it onto the jamming-capable vehicle, switch to it, engage the jammer, and switch back to look at the radar signatures.

but thats about the extent of it.  its more for show than actual use

21 hours ago, LORDPrometheus said:

so Baha have you considered the capability of adding multi stage guided missiles for ICBMs?

Modular missile guidance will let you build your own, and combining that+mechjeb+some manual guidance you can build them yourself. I have made many of these, they're relatively accurate... though you would think hitting a kerbinside base in the center, about 300 meters from an enemy vehicle would be enough to wipe everything there... even with about 10 of the impact explosive things, very ineffective. Better to just drop a parachuting probe with loads of conventional missiles on it, but it's REALLY hard to make it survive reentry, and then actually have it hit stuff. (Guard mode is finicky with say hellfire missiles, does weird stuff with the laser targetting, seems to aim miles off, if it even aims)

Really, just use vanilla missile/ICBM systems really. Maybe the explosive warhead adds a little bit of power, modular missiles guidance isn't quite up to the task (handles launching into ballistic arcs and landing very badly, that is a recognized problem that will probably be fixed with a revamp though), but mechjeb helps a lot.

Baiscally, it seems the explosives meant for modular missiles are just better off with direct hit systems, think V3 from C&C Red Alert 2, range and all. Or use them for flinging point-blank tank destroyers. I do.

Also, the cruise missiles with little boosters actually drop them now. So dual stage cruise missiles in the mods style of missiles exist.

Edited by Aerolfos

58 minutes ago, MatsSanders said:

Even after deleting KerbinSide, putting on missiles, doublechecking Guard mode, and adding a Kerbal instead of a probe it still does not want to fire. Also, the guard mode DOES work on planes with heat seekers. 

Please turn on Draw Debug Labels in the options menu, then try again, then send me your output_log.txt . Thanks!

26 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

Please turn on Draw Debug Labels in the options menu, then try again, then send me your output_log.txt . Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/732xck5ocio760s/output_log.txt?dl=0 Here's the output_log

Here's a screenshot of the debug labels: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6379epqmophn1w4/screenshot213.png?dl=0

New launchers looking dope! Do we get the means to reload them? I imagine that would be super usefull for ships and carriers etc.

Edit: Thinking about it, with the current radar system we don't actually have Anti-Ship Missiles, don't we? Would need some type of naval/anti-ground radar...

Or maybe GPS detection using the stock targeting system?

Edited by Temeter

Can anyone enlighten me on how to use the HE-KV-1 for targeting a satellite in orbit? I've sent a probe with 3 HE-KV-1 + radome attached, got into range and locked the target satellite on the radome, then I fired the missiles, but all they did was just travels in straight line (and misses the target).

23 minutes ago, Blastard said:

Can anyone enlighten me on how to use the HE-KV-1 for targeting a satellite in orbit? I've sent a probe with 3 HE-KV-1 + radome attached, got into range and locked the target satellite on the radome, then I fired the missiles, but all they did was just travels in straight line (and misses the target).

Yeah I can. 
They don't….they don't work.
He has stated that they haven't worked for a while and is not planning on fixing them anytime soon

8 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Yeah I can. 
They don't….they don't work.
He has stated that they haven't worked for a while and is not planning on fixing them anytime soon

I see...I've found a solution for it tho, if you got mechjeb installed, just "intercept" the target multiple times... and hopefully your probe is tougher than the target.

On 12/6/2015, 2:24:52, MatsSanders said:

Well the only exceptions I see are from DestructionEffects, but that should affect BDArmory.  I can't really tell from here what could be going wrong.  If you want, you could try the current dev version of the plugin and see if that works for you.  https://github.com/BahamutoD/BDArmory/blob/master/BahaTurret/bin/Debug/BahaTurret.dll (Click the raw button to download, replace the file in BDArmory/Plugins)

7 hours ago, sashan said:

Which format should I use for audio? I want to make a new sound for Oerlikon Millenium, and make it fire rapidly.

Use wav.

27 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

wav

Yup, but should it be stereo or mono, which rate?
Also, what about spin up/down sounds? That's how they are usualy called at least, first one is played in the start of the burst, last one - after the burst or during the last shot.

Edited by sashan