[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

The guard mode seems to want to fire off HARMs the moment they get a lock even if the plane is pointing such that the missile will never be able to reach it's target.

Also is guard mode able to use bombs and unguided rockets?

Edited by dholedays
Update

Is it possible to get any of the camera or radar controls from BDA armory on the screens in your Mk22 cockpit?

Also, does anyone know if you can adjust the height at which you can release a JDAM and have it still track?

Edited by Styles2304

So I'm still having the same problem, with four categories of the same BDA parts and it's not detecting my weapons manager.  I tried redownloading BDA and the whole game.  I have Adjustable landing gear, Tweakscale, RCSBA, KJR, and obviously BDA.  Any suggestions?

Just wondering if there is a list of the weapons added in this mod anywhere? It would be useful so weapons that are already in it aren't suggested.

Also, does anyone know hen this mod will be updated to ksp 1.0.5?

17 minutes ago, SlabGizor117 said:

So I'm still having the same problem, with four categories of the same BDA parts and it's not detecting my weapons manager.  I tried redownloading BDA and the whole game.  I have Adjustable landing gear, Tweakscale, RCSBA, KJR, and obviously BDA.  Any suggestions?

Can you post a screenshot of the multiple folders in game? Also a screenshot of your game data folder, A log file might be helpful as well.

1 hour ago, KSPNerd said:

Just wondering if there is a list of the weapons added in this mod anywhere? It would be useful so weapons that are already in it aren't suggested.

Also, does anyone know hen this mod will be updated to ksp 1.0.5?

1: If people suggest weapons, I'd assume they've already played the mod and seen all the weapons

2: A looooooooooooong time from now

This isn't strictly related to the mod, but I'd like people's opinions all the same. The new drag system makes adding stuff radially such as missile rails, chaff, flares, ai comp (anything really) onto planes reduce their max speed and acceleration considerably. If for example I make a twin engine fighter (10-12 tons) and give it twin panthers, it will usually be capable of maintaining supercruise (well beyond mach 1.5 in a lot of cases). Once all the bits and bobs are added on however its performance takes a noticeable hit (even with the same mass).

Now this can be sort of worked around by taking advantage of cargo bay occlusion for example, but it seems like the meta for making fighters (or any high performance aircraft for that matter) is to use as few parts as possible (more parts = more drag) and to avoid tacking stuff onto the fuselage where possible. IRL of course, many fighters can maintain supercruise with all manner of warloads mounted on their wings and bellies. I'm just wondering if there's anything to be done to try and get past this meta? Perhaps making some of the BD parts dragless could be a decent fix, but that flies close to cheating.

I tested all this by taking the same fighter, ascending at around =>15 degrees then leveling off at 1km, using KER to measure speed. Not the most precise way of doing things I know, but it did prove a point. Would very much appreciate more experienced players weighing in on this.

5 hours ago, drtricky said:

What is the difference, besides the method of lock on, between the AIM-120's and AIM-9's?

AIM-120's usually are more agile and faster, the radar guidance helps with that as well. AIM-9's are cheap, easy to make, and go on almost any aircraft, also, heat-seeking guidance usually has less variables to worry about, compared to radar guided.

40 minutes ago, NightHawk114 said:

AIM-120's usually are more agile and faster, the radar guidance helps with that as well. AIM-9's are cheap, easy to make, and go on almost any aircraft, also, heat-seeking guidance usually has less variables to worry about, compared to radar guided.

Are these differences present in KSP with BDArmory?

1 hour ago, Thingymajigy said:

Can the AMRAAMs just be a bit smaller? to fit in and launch safely from a mk2 cargo bay?

I have a module manager cfg that I update every time I have a new missile I want to store in the mk2 cargo bay. Here's what I have so far:

@PART[bahaAim120]
{
	@rescaleFactor = .9
}

@PART[bahaAim9]
{
	@rescaleFactor = .9
}

@PART[bahaHarm]
{
	@rescaleFactor = .9
}

Definitely does the trick.

11 hours ago, Thingymajigy said:

Can the AMRAAMs just be a bit smaller? to fit in and launch safely from a mk2 cargo bay?

They're fine. You can fit multiple in a Mk.2 cargo bay with other stuff as well. I made an F-35 with a fuel tank running down the center and still managed to squeeze in 2 AMRAAMs and 2 JDAMs

1 hour ago, Avalon304 said:

So I know that Baha is probably waiting for 1.1 to update this and thats fine, but can anyone tell me what is broken in about this mod in 1.0.5 so I can know what to expect if I try it?

Nothing is broken everything works just fine

1 hour ago, Avalon304 said:

So I know that Baha is probably waiting for 1.1 to update this and thats fine, but can anyone tell me what is broken in about this mod in 1.0.5 so I can know what to expect if I try it?

Flares are OP, AI pilots are dodgy and can't use afterburner

Other than that everything's fine

Also, I think he's making an update which includes proper rails to strap your SAMs to and gimballing rocket pods

On December 31, 2015 at 7:17 AM, Styles2304 said:

I have a module manager cfg that I update every time I have a new missile I want to store in the mk2 cargo bay. Here's what I have so far:

@PART[bahaAim120]
{
	@rescaleFactor = .9
}

@PART[bahaAim9]
{
	@rescaleFactor = .9
}

@PART[bahaHarm]
{
	@rescaleFactor = .9
}

Definitely does the trick.

Is this a mod or where can i find this to add it in?

44 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Is this a mod or where can i find this to add it in?

It's a MM patch. Just put it in a text file named anything you want anywhere in GameData. Change (.txt) to (.cfg) and done.

1 hour ago, illenshen said:

can anybody give me a reason that none of the fixed guns will fire for me? thanks in advance

Check that you have ammo.

Check that your fire key is set correctly.

Check that the gun isn't aimed at your own craft.