[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Just now, sashan said:

The most sensitive radars are large and can't track the target. Also, you could have rear-pointing radar on large fighters.

The ship is made by myself from b9 procedural wings.

Awww I was hoping for something less part heavy

1 hour ago, sashan said:

Thank you for your work! 
Suggestion: Changing ammo type for guns. For example, I want to make a naval cannon that can shoot both timed detonated rounds and ordinary ones. Combat mix (3 HEI/1AP) for GAU-8 would also be good.
Also, would you be removing 8.5km maximal range for guns? It's so restrictive...

Awesome news on multiple radars! Wanted it for a long time. Would you be making integrated CIWS units with their own AI that could engage targets while I use rest of ship's weapons for something else? 

Your mod is awesome:

Although it's not in the settings GUI, you should be able to change the max bullet distance in the settings.cfg file.  Look for "MAX_BULLET_RANGE = 8000".

The long term goal for guard mode is to let you set up certain weapons/groups of weapons to different independent guard configurations.  Being able to use multiple radars and locking multiple targets at once is one step in that direction.

2 hours ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Awww I was hoping for something less part heavy

It's just 280 parts. Considering the fact that it weights 800 tonnes, has length of 90 meters, is longer than active area of VAB, has boat and helicopter hangars and some very rudimentary interiors, that's OK.
12484605_835665136556153_750609704428368

2 minutes ago, sashan said:

It's just 280 parts. Considering the fact that it weights 800 tonnes, has length of 90 meters, is longer than active area of VAB, has boat and helicopter hangars and some very rudimentary interiors, that's OK.
12484605_835665136556153_750609704428368

I ment for the mod.
I got one word that will explain my predicament…
MacBook

1 hour ago, BahamutoD said:

The long term goal for guard mode is to let you set up certain weapons/groups of weapons to different independent guard configurations.  Being able to use multiple radars and locking multiple targets at once is one step in that direction.

Ah, that's exactly what I've thought about.

Last request: Can you add a config line to ModuleWeapon that'll completely disable ricochets for its shells? Some weapons shouldn't have them at all, like all kinds of artillery. 
I've browsed through source code and it looks like it's fairly easy to implement.

Edited by sashan

13 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

I ment for the mod.
MacBook

I have a laptop with 2.6GHz two-core i5 and it works fine. IIRC MacBooks have better CPUs than that.
As for the mod - are you referring to RAM? B9 procedural wings is less than 10mb in size.

21 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

I ment for the mod.
MacBook

B9 Procedural Wings!
It's a separate mod from the B9 pack! It's not that heavy of a mod. BD Armory is, quite literally*, harder on your processor than B9 ProcWings.

* I think. Please don't let me be wrong... >_>

10 hours ago, stuChris said:

is there a update planned soon? im having trouble getting ai to fight each other D:

if there is an update , but has nothing to do with ai fighting, could someone please make a tutorial?

Welcome to the forum.

when asking a question make sure you read back a few pages. BD is working on an update yes. No dates are set for a release. But most likely it'll be after 1.1 comes out.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:01 PM, jace_fair109 said:

Is there any way to change the order the missiles fire?  I have a setup with two racks of missiles and it keeps firing them into each other.

<spoilers> I could just be an idiot </spoilers>

Think first in first out. The first missile placed on the craft is the first to fire when firing off multiple missiles of the same kind. Unless you are carpet bombing with ripple. In which case it drops the bombs farthest down first.

For instance, at 43 seconds in I demonstrate a bomb rotor with 32 bombs firing one at a time. The first to drop was the first placed with radial symmetry. So once the first rotor is built, just copy it and the copied rotor will pick up where the first empties. You can also see multiple carpet bombings as well.

Edited by V8jester

Progress report - I got a lot of progress done on the multi-radar system,  but there's still a few bugs to fix.  Another feature I added is the ability to lock multiple targets with a single radar.  For example, with the fighter-style radome, when you lock one target, it will continue to scan a 30 degree arc around the current target, and if there are other contacts within that field, you will be able to lock them simultaneously as well.  https://gfycat.com/GrossMadeupAmericangoldfinch

On another front, I added a new guidance mode - line of sight/beam riding.  The missile will always attempt to maintain a position between the targeting laser source and target point.  This allows for behavior like the TOW missile or the 9k121 Vikhr.  For now, I made the TOW missile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T50yDUM3W0Y

Edited by BahamutoD

28 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

On another front, I added a new guidance mode - line of sight/beam riding.  The missile will always attempt to maintain a position between the targeting laser source and target point.  This allows for behavior like the TOW missile or the 9k121 Vikhr.  For now, I made the TOW missile:

Awesome. :P Will you be making any guidance systems for anti-ship missiles? I see more and more naval ships in KSP each day.
Most of ASMs are either active radar guided or passively infrared-guided, i.e. detecting ship on itself by IR contrast. They all use inertial navigation/GPS to get to area where they search for target.

Edited by sashan

13 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

Progress report - I got a lot of progress done on the multi-radar system,  but there's still a few bugs to fix.  Another feature I added is the ability to lock multiple targets with a single radar.  For example, with the fighter-style radome, when you lock one target, it will continue to scan a 30 degree arc around the current target, and if there are other contacts within that field, you will be able to lock them simultaneously as well.  https://gfycat.com/GrossMadeupAmericangoldfinch

On another front, I added a new guidance mode - line of sight/beam riding.  The missile will always attempt to maintain a position between the targeting laser source and target point.  This allows for behavior like the TOW missile or the 9k121 Vikhr.  For now, I made the TOW missile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T50yDUM3W0Y

Awesome. You continue to impress us all

23 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

For now, I made the TOW missile:

From what I've seen on those recent videos from Syria, the missile actually spirals around the beam in much wider circles. You can google for "T-90 blown Aleppo". I won't want post it here due to rules and all that.

So, this has probably been asked but I am too lazy to go back 255 pages, but can you please make internal weapons bays that go up into the fuselage like your landing gear but have your hard points inside.  Maybe procedural ( length width height)

it is something I have wanted for a while. Great work

2 hours ago, UnknownEclipse said:

So, this has probably been asked but I am too lazy to go back 255 pages, but can you please make internal weapons bays that go up into the fuselage like your landing gear but have your hard points inside.  Maybe procedural ( length width height)

it is something I have wanted for a while. Great work

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/118352-wip01-red-vs-bluea-bdarmory-expansion-pack-now-with-100-more-stealth/

I googled but couldn't find anything.

Are there plans to make weapon systems use a resource like electricity or hydraulic pressure? Rotating a turret, spinning up a barrel, the loading systems, radar and targeting systems ... they all use some form of energy. Would be great for gameplay. My mod already has resource management as a core feature, propulsion and damage control need to be balanced in order to survive.

Hello Bahamuto, is real to use FAR aerodynamic voxels as base for stealh system for your mod? Or simply...is possible to see in next updates steath technology(as I suggest by using voxel-based Ferram aerodynamics)?

Gracias!

One more thing ... I'm reading about armor and I'm wondering how the energy blast of a BDA explosion works, because I often get overheating parts inside the ship even if multiple layers of armor are between the outside hull and the interior parts, making armor essentially useless. Either that or ... Sometimes it seems the projectile phases into a non-physical realm, passes through multiple layers of hull & armor only to hit the other side of the craft. Could it be physics timing? Is there a solution ... like slowing down time the last second before impact of any projectile to make the calculations more precise?

Here's a screenshot of the results of a battle, thanks to your work and the NAS team.

oqRw4aM.png