[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Baha, is it possible we might see flat panel radars like the Patriot and S-300/400 search and fire control radars?

I was also thinking of separate search and track radars, for more variable building options with mobile SAMs? Something like how the SA-8 and assorted mobile Soviet SAMs would have a search radar on the top, then a track and guidance radar up front. 

Just a thought, lemme know what you think.

One more thought, do you think you could team up with sirkut from infernal robotics and make it possible to add parts on top of the Millennial and Abrams cannon that rotate with the turret? It would be quite a rewarding feature if it's at all possible :) - I'm imagining placing a laser mount on top of a cannon bed and having it rotate along.

EDIT: Possibly a simpler solution would be to add an attachment point to the top center?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

21 hours ago, V8jester said:

Can you post a pic? This sounds really strange. This is on a fresh install of 1.0.5 with absolutely no other modifications? Or mods that where previously removed? I only ask because a lot of us are running this with no issue on 1.0.5.

I cant seem to post pictures on the forum (everything is going badly today) So i'll just get a completely fresh copy of KSP. One last question though, I have a completely stock save file (that previously had mods, but I removed them), could this be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, V7 Aerospace said:

I cant seem to post pictures on the forum (everything is going badly today) So i'll just get a completely fresh copy of KSP. One last question though, I have a completely stock save file (that previously had mods, but I removed them), could this be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance. 

I would assume no. But for the sake of argument. Just start fresh with no saves and see what happens. Then once it's working toss the save in. If you see an issue then you will know where problem is.

Update v0.10.0

= New =
- Wing Commander module
- Missile launcher turrets
- Rocket launcher turret
- TOW Missile
- Beam riding missile guidance
- Guard usage of missile launcher turrets
- Weapon targeting types are displayed in weapon list
- Weapon alignment and converge distance indicator in editor (F2) 
- MinCombatSpeed variable for AI Pilot, below which the pilot will focus on regaining speed when extending or orbiting
- Idle speed for AI Pilot for when it is only orbiting
- Added steer damping value for missiles to reduce oscillations
- Ripple fire settings will be saved per-weapon
- Ripple fire action group toggle
- Tweakable gun range for guards (to decide between guns or missiles)
- Tweakable missiles per target value for guards (will wait until set amount of missiles have missed before firing again)
- Support for turret rotation sound effects
- Optional radarName field to display in modules tab instead of part title
- Support for built-in radars on turrets
- New bullet/tracer shader
- Bullet tracer intervals
- Optional ejected shell collisions
- Action groups for firing guns on weapon manager and individual guns (Currently only supports Custom1-10)
- Support for simultaneous use of multiple on-board radars
- Support for simultaneous use of multiple off-board radars via data-link
- Multi-locking TWS capability on fighter-style radome

= Changes =
- Radars can detect landed/splashed targets
- Changed Oerlikon Millennium to more realistic high rate of fire burst
- New sound effects for Millennium and M230
- Changed 30mm cannons to explosive rounds
- Tweaked AIM-9 and AIM-120 aero/steering values
- Tweaked drag and lift curves and coefficients
- Tweaked flare thermal value
- Changed PAC-3 to semi-active homing
- AI Pilot will return to and orbit the area it took off from/was activated when not in combat unless commanded to a location via wingcommander
- Improved AI Pilot throttle control and use of multi-mode engine (afterburner)
- Improved AI Pilot handling post-stall
- Improved AI Pilot evasive behavior
- Improved AI Pilot behavior for ground target gun attack
- Changed default max guard visual range to 5km
- Guard that is fixated on a target will intermittently do a wide scan to check for new threats
- Reduced weapon manager audio source ranges
- Reduced Browning AN/M2 mass to 40kg
- Missile smoke trails persist after missile is destroyed
- Improved cruise missile behavior
- Circle icon for friendly contact on B-Scope radar display

= Fixes =
- Fixed chain reactions causing rippled bombs to detonate simultaneously
- Fixed guns firing after automatically switching when emptying stores of previous missile/rocket via fire key
- Fixed empty rocket pods remaining on available weapons list
- Fixed guard mode fire intervals cycling too quickly for air-to-air missiles
- Fixed MANY guard mode issues causing it not to work properly/consistently
- Fixed incorrect selected weapon message
- Fixed targeting pod losing saved settings/target position on reload
- Fixed high relative velocity missiles stepping through objects w/o collision
- Fixed unnecessary snaking in sa or aa missile guidance
- Fixed AGM guidance on high altitude surface targets
- Fixed muzzle flashes not appearing when framerate is low
- Fixed rotary cannons not appearing to spin 
- Fixed incorrect description in RBS-15 cruise missile (should say GPS guided)
- Fixed targeting pod disabling radar tracking when radar loses lock - it will wait until next lock
- Fixed turret yaw limiting behavior
- Fixed AI Pilots taking off in standby mode when peace mode is enabled
- RWR state is persistent
- Removed turret motion range tweakables from radars

= Changes by ferram4 =
- Bullet damage is now based on impact energy, not momentum
- Extra bullet damage when a part is destroyed is transferred to connected parts
- Bullet penetration is guaranteed at >~75 degrees
- Bullet ricochets are guaranteed at <~5 degrees
- Optional bullet drag (per weapon)
    + No drag (legacy)
    + Analytic estimate (-new default-. no affect on trajectory - only impact velocity/damage)
    + Numerical Integration (affects trajectory - not accounted for by AI)

= NOTE: aerodynamic values per weapon have not been applied yet

Notes:

- There are a few new systems and some of the systems were modified heavily during this update, so please help me if you find a sneaky bug
- Since guard's gun vs missile range is tweakable now, you will have to manually set it to a lower value for AI Planes so they don't try to gun down a plane from 2km away (before, it would automatically go to 800m)
- While radars can now detect landed vessels, they are still affected by ground clutter/other inhibiting factors, so it is normal if a plane can't see ground targets in a look-down situation.  Low altitude choppers and ships should have less problems with this
- AI Pilots can either be on standby mode or disabled, and can still be remotely activated via the wing commander's "Take Off" command.  However, their engines must still be activated manually. (can be done remotely via an ActionGroup command.  There is no remote staging command)
- Here's a note from ferram4 about the bullet aerodynamics:
      bulletDragArea = 1.209675e-5 //drag area of the bullet in m^2; equal to Cd * A with A being the frontal area of the bullet; as a first approximation, take Cd to be 0.3
      "...make them behave more realistically and provide reasons (for other mods) to choose between different caliber weapons when set up correctly"

- This value can be defined in the ModuleWeapon module of a part's config.  I haven't edited any of them yet so they all default to the above value.  More details here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTbl8dPEBCc

Edited by BahamutoD

53 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

Update v0.10.0

= New =
- Wing Commander module
- Rocket launcher turret
- TOW Missile
- MinCombatSpeed variable for AI Pilot, below which the pilot will focus on regaining speed when extending or orbiting
- Tweakable missiles per target value for guards (will wait until set amount of missiles have missed before firing again)
- Action groups for firing guns on weapon manager and individual guns (Currently only supports Custom1-10)

= Changes =
- AI Pilot will return to and orbit the area it took off from/was activated when not in combat unless commanded to a location via wingcommander
- Guard that is fixated on a target will intermittently do a wide scan to check for new threats

= Fixes =
- Fixed guns firing after automatically switching when emptying stores of previous missile/rocket via fire key
- Fixed targeting pod disabling radar tracking when radar loses lock - it will wait until next lock

= Changes by ferram4 =
- Extra bullet damage when a part is destroyed is transferred to connected parts
    + No drag (legacy)
    + Analytic estimate (-new default-. no affect on trajectory - only impact velocity/damage)

Notes:

- There are a few new systems and some of the systems were modified heavily during this update, so please help me if you find a sneaky bug
- Since guard's gun vs missile range is tweakable now, you will have to manually set it to a lower value for AI Planes so they don't try to gun down a plane from 2km away (before, it would automatically go to 800m)
- While radars can no detect landed vessels, they are still affected by ground clutter/other inhibiting factors, so it is normal if a plane can't see ground targets in a look-down situation.  Low altitude choppers and ships should have less problems with this
- AI Pilots can either be on standby mode or disabled, and can still be remotely activated via the wing commander's "Take Off" command.  However, their engines must still be activated manually. (can be done remotely via an ActionGroup command.  There is no remote staging command)
      bulletDragArea = 1.209675e-5 //drag area of the bullet in m^2; equal to Cd * A with A being the frontal area of the bullet; as a first approximation, take Cd to be 0.3
      "...make them behave more realistically and provide reasons (for other mods) to choose between different caliber weapons when set up correctly"

- This value can be defined in the ModuleWeapon module of a part's config.  I haven't edited any of them yet so they all default to the above value.  More details here

Hey BD could you add my weapons mod to the list of BD compatible stuff on the first page of this? 

Master Tech Weapons

Also thanks for the big update!

Great job BahamutoD! And thanks! There's so much information that I can't wrap my head around it yet. Very impressive video, and I like the fact you use your doppler effect :-)

This update is going to have much effect on NAS and WW2 Warships as well. I'm wondering though, can the AI guard now group and fire multiple turrets at once? Can't really conclude it from the features list.

2 hours ago, EladDv said:

@BahamutoD have you been able to fix that weird bug with guards not doing so well in anti-missile missile interception while on the ground?

Yes, I believe I have.  Give it a shot.

2 hours ago, Space Scumbag said:

A really nice surprise, this update. Do you know when you will get out of the development thread? Or does something important still miss in here? I'm just wondering. :)

It's hard to imagine this will ever be 1.0, but.. some day.  It's still far from what I envision to be feature-complete. :)

2 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

Hey BD could you add my weapons mod to the list of BD compatible stuff on the first page of this? 

Master Tech Weapons

Also thanks for the big update!

Sure!

2 hours ago, Azimech said:

Great job BahamutoD! And thanks! There's so much information that I can't wrap my head around it yet. Very impressive video, and I like the fact you use your doppler effect :-)

This update is going to have much effect on NAS and WW2 Warships as well. I'm wondering though, can the AI guard now group and fire multiple turrets at once? Can't really conclude it from the features list.

Thanks!  Not yet for the multiple different turrets.  That'll be a huge thing to tackle since until now, everything is based on the guards only using one type of weapon at a time.  I have plans though..

2 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

It's hard to imagine this will ever be 1.0, but.. some day.  It's still far from what I envision to be feature-complete. :)

When will you be fixing HEKV-1? I want to make some of ships from The Expanse, and KSP being space simulator and needing space weapons and such. I know, you'll need to program intercept guidance for space, but could we t least get it working like it was before but with new guidance?

9 minutes ago, sashan said:

When will you be fixing HEKV-1? I want to make some of ships from The Expanse, and KSP being space simulator and needing space weapons and such. I know, you'll need to program intercept guidance for space, but could we t least get it working like it was before but with new guidance?

I was running into a lot of issues trying to fix it, so I set it aside again.  Someday..

On 7/9/2014 at 8:43 PM, BahamutoD said:

Speaking of which, I'll take suggestions for what to base the laser model on.

At first I was thinking along the lines of a sci-fi type of gun, but I could also do something more realistic like the US airforce ABL:

060322_spacecom_airbone_hlg.grid-6x2.jpg

or the Navy's LaWS:

laws-6.png

Thoughts?

I would rather see the US Navies.

Side note, do you have a tutorial for how to make turrets that work by chance? I tried and failed horrendously....

4 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

So much wonderfulness - it's beautiful. My comments in italics.

Update v0.10.0

= New =
- Wing Commander module
Oh, enigmatic! Does it have cut scenes of Mark Hamill?

Essential for supermanouvrable planes to avoid stalling and becoming sitting ducks. A big one for AI dogfighting. Low idle speed is nice.

Should make missile use less wasteful, makes firing interval largely redundant.

Get the slomo physics warp mod and this makes for some Michael Bay style machinema :)

My Thrustmaster T-Flight just became very useful :)

Hard to fathom the number of possibilities this opens up.

= Changes =

Ground/air combat goes up a notch.

Next stop, autoland....

= Fixes =

All gravy.

= Changes by ferram4 =

Actual, honest to gosh tank armour now possible.

Notes:

- While radars can now detect landed vessels, they are still affected by ground clutter/other inhibiting factors, so it is normal if a plane can't see ground targets in a look-down situation.  Low altitude choppers and ships should have less problems with this

So happy my silly Smart Parts rockets have been made redundant, dogfights truly are now just a press of a key.

The video is amazeballs. Wingmen controls are just wonderful - the idea of flying a command AWACs while directing a squadron of fighters...joy. This has enabled several AI challenges I designed ages ago but couldn't implement. Thanks Bahamuto!

Edited by colmo
Video watched. Jaw picked up off floor.

Hey.

It seems that when using the AIM-9 sidewinder with the Jernas missile turret that guards will not launch at any targets using them, even when in close range.

I'm gonna assume this is because AIM-9 missiles are meant for air to air and the guards seem reluctant about using them otherwise.

Are you planning to add a new infrared SAM in the future or is this just a bug?

(Oh yeah, the Goalkeeper emits smoke particles in the part list in the VAB/SPH :P)

Edited by Astrain

I cannot thank you enough for this update baha, you've done an amazing job. Now I can finally do a massive dogfight scene I've been wanting to do for a long time but couldn't complete it because I needed the wingman module. The AI seems so much better now as well.

I wish I could create my own additions to BD Armory (since I already have drawings of my ideas) but I don't feel like tackling mod development, for now of course. Again, thanks for the update.:D:D

12 minutes ago, Astrain said:

Hey.

It seems that when using the AIM-9 sidewinder with the Jernas missile turret that guards will not launch at any targets using them, even when in close range.

I'm gonna assume this is because AIM-9 missiles are meant for air to air and the guards seem reluctant about using them otherwise.

Are you planning to add a new infrared SAM in the future or is this just a bug?

(Oh yeah, the Goalkeeper emits smoke particles in the part list in the VAB/SPH :P)

The guard will use the AIM-9 with the turret just fine.  You may have been too close.  Try setting the "Gun Range" value to something lower.  If the target is closer than the distance set, it will only use guns.

If you have a craft that only uses missiles, you can set it to 0 so that it tries to use missiles at all ranges, however missiles have a minimum static launch range (defined in the part config), under which they won't fire.  The AIM-9 has a min static launch range of 300m.

10 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

The guard will use the AIM-9 with the turret just fine.  You may have been too close.  Try setting the "Gun Range" value to something lower.  If the target is closer than the distance set, it will only use guns.

If you have a craft that only uses missiles, you can set it to 0 so that it tries to use missiles at all ranges, however missiles have a minimum static launch range (defined in the part config), under which they won't fire.  The AIM-9 has a min static launch range of 300m.

Right, it was probably the gun range, I had it maxed out for some reason

Thanks for the help and as always keep the great work on your mod :)

5 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

Update v0.10.0

= New =
- Wing Commander module
- Rocket launcher turret
- TOW Missile

= Changes =

= Fixes =

= Changes by ferram4 =
    + No drag (legacy)

Notes:

Wow. I am amazed... also... multilocking missiles means I can finaly have Ace Combat style SP Weapons! YAY!

Now is when I come with that idea no one thought of.

What about a "refueling" mode for the following vessel, where it aligns straight behind you.

Awesome update, I am trying it out right now.

Want to see the new projectile effects on AviatorArsenal guns :)