[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

14 hours ago, Angstinator said:

So, modular missile guidance was changed, I see.

Is there any documentation on what precisely each setting does? I suspect at least for cruise missiles altitude adjustment behaves a little like a PID controller, but I am of course not certain.

If missile guidance does work that way, which parameter corresponds to which setting?

@BahamutoD Please forgive the attention-whoring, but the usual solution of RTFM has yielded no results and I have a very powerful need for an answer.

Edited by Angstinator

First off, thank you Baha for this update.

Secondly, I noticed that drop time and drop speed along with the forward/lateral option does not work when a missile is on a missile turret.

Edited by Bovan

Oh man, this looks sick, can't wait to try the update. Ur making me happy baha! <3

Also thanks for adding radar to land/water targets. Naval warfare's gonna coming to your carriers today!

Edited by Temeter

I have a bug report.

If you turn on standby for the AI after the craft was launched it does not turn on when it detects enemies.

But if you turn it on on the editor it seems to work just fine, like it used to.

16 hours ago, Angstinator said:

So, modular missile guidance was changed, I see.

Is there any documentation on what precisely each setting does? I suspect at least for cruise missiles altitude adjustment behaves a little like a PID controller, but I am of course not certain.

If missile guidance does work that way, which parameter corresponds to which setting?

I don't think I touched modular missile guidance.  Steer factor and damping behave like a PID controller - altitude for cruise is just what (radar) altitude you want it to cruise at.

13 hours ago, TonyDE said:

i did not have time to check all new things, does the ground tws radar support multiple locking? 

Anyway, love your mod.

At the moment, only the fighter style radome (long pointy one) can multi-lock (up to three).  You can still lock multiple targets if you have several radars linked together, or several on your craft enabled simultaneously.

46 minutes ago, Bovan said:

First off, thank you Baha for this update.

Secondly, I noticed that drop time and drop speed along with the forward/lateral option does not work when a missile is on a missile turret.

That's right, the turrets force the missiles to slide along the rail until they exit.  This was necessary so they don't explode on each other in certain cases such as when they are tightly packed in the patriot turret, or if you're firing perpendicular to your velocity.

2 hours ago, alp3r said:

What's happening shouldn't really be happening, so it could be a conflict from errors in other mods, but see if this works:

https://github.com/BahamutoD/BDArmory/raw/master/BahaTurret/bin/Debug/BahaTurret.dll
(replace BahaTurret.dll in BDArmory/Plugins)

If it doesn't, try a fresh install of KSP, add BDArmory,  then add mods one at a time to see which one is causing the issue.

1 hour ago, BahamutoD said:

What's happening shouldn't really be happening, so it could be a conflict from errors in other mods, but see if this works:

https://github.com/BahamutoD/BDArmory/raw/master/BahaTurret/bin/Debug/BahaTurret.dll
(replace BahaTurret.dll in BDArmory/Plugins)

If it doesn't, try a fresh install of KSP, add BDArmory,  then add mods one at a time to see which one is causing the issue.

Thank you for the solution, I replaced the .dll but it didn't work. I reinstalled ModuleFlightIntegrator and thankfully that worked. I tried the wingman system and the other things, amazing job as always. 

On 27.1.2016 at 9:42 PM, BahamutoD said:

- Added steer damping value for missiles to reduce oscillations

That's what led me to believe modular guidance was touched.

So, using standard form, steer factor is Kp and damping is Td? If so, are you thinking of adding Ti control to help completely even out oscillations?

5 minutes ago, sashan said:

My wingmen are in constant ducth roll when following and not only, are there any values to tune?  Would be good if we could tune actual pid values. 

There are values to tune on the AI module, but you should not expect it to simply fly any design you throw at it, you need to make it AI friendly.

I notice the Patriot turret tubes can almost fit a SCUD, just a little bit longer and viola! However, instead of a longer Pat, how about some of those huge Russian missile tubes/missiles, such as the Grumble and SA-2?

2 hours ago, tetryds said:

There are values to tune on the AI module, but you should not expect it to simply fly any design you throw at it, you need to make it AI friendly.

Fine, will spend some time tweakin them. The craft is a small but quite maneurable fighter. The problem is that it behaves OK on pitch axis, but it wobbly on roll and yaw. We need separate PID adjsutments for them. At least for roll, it's normally much more sensitive.

@BahamutoD Can you add adjustments sliders somewhere to wingman menu? Searching for AI flight controller somewhere in service bay inside the plane's guts if flight is almost impossible.

12604827_842954222493911_432546071224162

Check out my A-10 http://kerbalx.com/Combatsmithen/KAF-K-10

And my MiG-25 http://kerbalx.com/Combatsmithen/Krussian-KiG-25\

Both low part count so it is not hard on your PC but they look pretty good. Some people make replica aircraft that have 100+ parts and even lags my system a little bit which is fairly decent. 

1 hour ago, sashan said:

Fine, will spend some time tweakin them. The craft is a small but quite maneurable fighter. The problem is that it behaves OK on pitch axis, but it wobbly on roll and yaw. We need separate PID adjsutments for them. At least for roll, it's normally much more sensitive.

@BahamutoD Can you add adjustments sliders somewhere to wingman menu? Searching for AI flight controller somewhere in service bay inside the plane's guts if flight is almost impossible.

12604827_842954222493911_432546071224162

Those look almost like an L-39 albatross

Edited by Combatsmithen

13 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

Yes, and you still need to have guard mode setup and enabled on the wingmen.  Attack Pos essentially just flies them into the area so that guard mode and the usual AI pilot behaviors can take over. 

So basically 'Fly to pos' and 'Attack pos' do the same thing? Thats slightly misleading.

2 hours ago, bartekkru99 said:

Is there any chance, that we're going to see custom turrets in the future?
EDIT: I mean turrets for missile mounting, not guns.

I think you have to ask that question to makers of mods like PEW or North Kerbin Dynamics. Apparently setting up a missile turret is same as setting up gun one, only without gun part itself and with additional part module.

12 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

Those look almost like an L-39 albatross

Well, "Elka" was between all those planes I was thinking of when building it. If only we had proper tandem 2-seater 1.25m cockpit... :P