[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Hey I just wanted to say that the .50 cal turret seems to be overwhelmingly op compared to other guns in the mod, the Abrams turret does nothing to structural panels no matter how much you shoot them, but a single hit from the .50 cal turret obliterates it without thought. Is there any chance the mod will be updated and balanced anytime soon?

12 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

How far were you from the PAC launcher? They've been configured to have a minimum launch range of 2km.  

What torpedo?

Right now all of the explosive 30mm guns are very underpowered. We're working on balancing damage.

I'll be releasing a small update with some fixes for the reported bugs soon.

When would we have an example torpedo?
Edited by BF2_Pilot

Baha, apparently the Scatterer mod completely disabled gun shells and missiles collision with water. Maybe you should use different way to detect water collision, like ASL altitude going from positive to negative values?

4 hours ago, sashan said:

Baha, apparently the Scatterer mod completely disabled gun shells and missiles collision with water. Maybe you should use different way to detect water collision, like ASL altitude going from positive to negative values?

Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: wait are you sure?  Missile collisions are the same as any part collisions, so does Scatterer disable all part collisions with water?  

Edited by BahamutoD

1 hour ago, BahamutoD said:

Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: wait are you sure?  Missile collisions are the same as any part collisions, so does Scatterer disable all part collisions with water?  

It could have something to do with how Scatterer disables the stock water in order to replace it with the super spiffy water. I can confirm. If you shoot anything at the water, it just dis-a-pee-pee's

@BahamutoD Im just learning to adapt my modelling skills to ksp and in particular towards weapons to go with your mod. With your greater understanding of the mechanics involved-do you think it would be possible to create "canisterised" missile with the canister and missile in one part and the canister being left behind at launch? even better would be to have a lid on the canister flip open just before firing. This would allow me to crate parts to model the Mk41 VLS which i could work into a weapons pack.

Update v0.10.1

= New =
- "Command self" option for wing commander

= Changes =
- Rebalanced weapon damage
- Improved AI Pilot speed management in dogfight
- Improved AI Pilot collision avoidance behavior
- Reduced bullet damage factor to 100
- Tweaked AIM-120 aero slightly
- Increased heat of explosions
- Extra explosion heat when part is destroyed is transferred to connected part
- Factor in DMG_MULTIPLIER for explosives
- optional cannonShellHeat value for ModuleWeapon - if defined, it will be used in heat damage calculation for shell explosion
- Tweaked flare effects

= Fixes =
- Fixed WeaponManager using missiles asymmetrically
- Fixed exceptions being thrown by WingCommander in editor
- Fixed exceptions thrown by ModuleTargetingCamera during loading
- Fixed RWR not functioning if it was enabled on reload
- Fixed AI using incorrect gun distance when airborne
- Fixed AI Pilot turning incorrect direction sometimes when enemy is beyond 90deg bearing

@Acea Right now cannons only inflict explosive damage, no more projectile damage, this made all cannons underpowered and they had to be rebalanced.
The balancing was made on the cfg, so you probably just want to keep the rest of the .cfg as it was already, add cannonShellHeat and tweak that for the desired damage, no need to tweak anything else unless you want to rebalance it further.

6 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

No idea, but missiles and projectiles just pass the water as if it wasn't there. Scatterer does disable stock ocean mesh completely tho. No idea what causes it, but really needs fixing - Scatterer is very popular, especially together with BDA - you stay in atmo all the time and want it to look nice.
Oh, and can you add "lock all nearest" option to radar? When I have 2 missiles flying close to each other their icons overlay, and I can't lock onto second one as well, although I do have 2 radar.

Edited by sashan

Hi Baha,

First of all, thanks for your awesome mod. The AI really controls planes much better than me. It even manages to keep following me with only one engine and non balanced cargo (pics related).

Just a request: can you add two more wingman commands? One for scorting, like follow but with other wingmen ahead instead of behind; and other for refueling, keeping speed and altitude ahead of the "commander"?

2 hours ago, sashan said:

No idea, but missiles and projectiles just pass the water as if it wasn't there. Scatterer does disable stock ocean mesh completely tho. No idea what causes it, but really needs fixing - Scatterer is very popular, especially together with BDA - you stay in atmo all the time and want it to look nice.
Oh, and can you add "lock all nearest" option to radar? When I have 2 missiles flying close to each other their icons overlay, and I can't lock onto second one as well, although I do have 2 radar.

I know he is implementing bobbing in the water according to wave height

@blackrack is the mesh on oceans different with scatterer?

7 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

I know he is implementing bobbing in the water according to wave height

@blackrack is the mesh on oceans different with scatterer?

I actually don't disable the stock ocean mesh at all (the game breaks when I try to do that), I just make it transparent instead (i.e invisible) and don't change anything else. So I don't really know what's happening, maybe we should ask @BahamutoD how the collision detection is handled on projectiles.

Also, yeah, sorry to disappoint you but it looks like wave interaction will not happen, I've shown two nice-looking webms before but it won't go beyond that. All sorts of kraken and physics-related issues happen, and variable wave height would need to be built into the buoyancy system from the ground up for it to truly work, there is also quite the CPU overhead on finding the exact wave height and slope at any given point on the CPU.

Hello,

I made a large jump jet type aircraft, and on top of that attached a fighter plane by a stack separator. The jumbo jet hasn't a single part from this mod. The fighter has radar and missiles.

When I separate the two, the jumbo jet is I guess the primary as that's what I stay in control of. When I switch over to the fighter that is now flying on it's own. I can't bring up the radar. Even though it does have it, and I was able to bring it up before the two aircraft were separated.

I assume that this is a bug, sorry if it's been reported before.

All right I calculated a new set of formula of cannon shell powers for reference, according to new power definitions:

P = cannonShellPower ≈ 6 * m^(0.4) (m stands for the shell's TNT equivalent of bursting charge, kg), 
H = cannonShellHeat ≈ 10.5 * m^(0.4), 
R = cannonShellRadius ≈ 21 * m^(0.8) (Recommending 4.2 * m^(0.8) or 8.4 * m^(0.8) for large caliber cannons)

Hope that may help others to adjust their weapon powers.

Edited by Acea