[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

You know what would be cool for the wing commander? The ability to set rules of engagement for craft, like being able to tell a target to only engage ground targets, or air targets. And the ability to tell a plane to protect a certain craft, and only engage if that craft is engaged, (which is slightly different than the base guard mode).

2 hours ago, Acea said:

All right I calculated a new set of formula of cannon shell powers for reference, according to new power definitions:

P = cannonShellPower ≈ 6 * m^(0.4) (m stands for the shell's TNT equivalent of bursting charge, kg), 
H = cannonShellHeat ≈ 10.5 * m^(0.4), 
R = cannonShellRadius ≈ 21 * m^(0.8) (Recommending 4.2 * m^(0.8) or 8.4 * m^(0.8) for large caliber cannons)

Hope that may help others to adjust their weapon powers.

Thank you!

--

I spent the last few hours working on a new part which should prove useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9WAlJFn6is

Ok... what have I been working on? a TOP SECRET project that I can now reveal. I need testers for my first ever BDArmory career contract! Accept this baby, and be presented with a very relevant mission for very relevant times...

Will require: KAX, Take Command, BDArmory, Contract Configurator, and GAP all installed from CKAN.

Send in your best AI planes to clean up the opposition or get in there and help them yourself, BDArmory makes it possible.

Edited by inigma

On February 2, 2016 at 9:34 AM, BahamutoD said:

Update v0.10.1

= New =
- "Command self" option for wing commander

= Changes =
- Rebalanced weapon damage
- Improved AI Pilot speed management in dogfight
- Improved AI Pilot collision avoidance behavior
- Reduced bullet damage factor to 100
- Tweaked AIM-120 aero slightly
- Increased heat of explosions
- Extra explosion heat when part is destroyed is transferred to connected part
- Factor in DMG_MULTIPLIER for explosives
- optional cannonShellHeat value for ModuleWeapon - if defined, it will be used in heat damage calculation for shell explosion
- Tweaked flare effects

= Fixes =
- Fixed WeaponManager using missiles asymmetrically
- Fixed exceptions being thrown by WingCommander in editor
- Fixed exceptions thrown by ModuleTargetingCamera during loading
- Fixed RWR not functioning if it was enabled on reload
- Fixed AI using incorrect gun distance when airborne
- Fixed AI Pilot turning incorrect direction sometimes when enemy is beyond 90deg bearing

So what does command self do?
edit: Nvm I found out

Edited by War Eagle 1

Would it be possible for you to maybe put the craft, like the F-16, A-10 and the Patriot Launcher vehicle, you use in the videos on KerbalX (or put them up for download here)?I really like them but I can never recreate the look of them myself.

I'm gonna need a bit a help on the modular missile contraption. I've tried alot of different setups and whatnot, but i still haven't managed to get it to do ANYTHING else but fly in either a straight line or drop right down.

Is there like a short tutorial, some steps described, or maybe small video showing how it works?

1 hour ago, lekkimsm2500 said:

I'm gonna need a bit a help on the modular missile contraption. I've tried alot of different setups and whatnot, but i still haven't managed to get it to do ANYTHING else but fly in either a straight line or drop right down.

Is there like a short tutorial, some steps described, or maybe small video showing how it works?

I would appreciate that as well

A gave the update a whirl and the AI is much MUCH improved. Engine response and control is great! Definitely on the right track as far as the AI is concerned. As for the missiles I have not tried them yet (just guns) and I'm pleased as heck.

Great job BahamutoD! Much appreciated, and your work hasn't been in vain.

18 hours ago, T1mo98 said:

Would it be possible for you to maybe put the craft, like the F-16, A-10 and the Patriot Launcher vehicle, you use in the videos on KerbalX (or put them up for download here)?I really like them but I can never recreate the look of them myself.

I have an A-10. It has canards on the front to improve maneuverability so its not a TRUE replica but looks very similar.

http://kerbalx.com/Combatsmithen/KAF-K-10

i dont know why but when i try to launch a rocket/plane i see a black void and my fps drops to less than 1fps i still see the alltitude thingy and the kerbal/s but it happens even when i dont attach the weapons to the craft. PLEASE HELP ME  D;

I have a bug or maybe hidden feature, the wing commander controls the two aircraft I have in the air in reverse, i.e. I choose follow and it flies to coordinates, the other one has the command fly to coordinates and chooses to follow.

10 hours ago, mazok said:

i dont know why but when i try to launch a rocket/plane i see a black void and my fps drops to less than 1fps i still see the alltitude thingy and the kerbal/s but it happens even when i dont attach the weapons to the craft. PLEASE HELP ME  D;

Are you sure it's BDA that's causing the 'void at launch' bug? Do you have any other mods installed and/or is your KSP at version 1.0.5?

Oh yeah. Welcome to the forums.

Okay, I'm having a small issue, in that whenever I download the mod, the Goalkeeper CIWS is the old design, without the radar - none of the other new features have been cut, only this one. I've tried re-downloading the mod multiple times, but to no avail. Any help?

On 2/3/2016 at 0:07 AM, inigma said:

Ok... what have I been working on? a TOP SECRET project that I can now reveal. I need testers for my first ever BDArmory career contract! Accept this baby, and be presented with a very relevant mission for very relevant times...

Will require: KAX, Take Command, BDArmory, Contract Configurator, and GAP all installed from CKAN.

Send in your best AI planes to clean up the opposition or get in there and help them yourself, BDArmory makes it possible.

Oooooh, testers? Where can I sign up?

I have been wondering if the radar needs to hold the lock or are the missiles fire and forget if they need the lock then the guard mode is not holding it and makes them go off target i am using pew but its the guard mode from bd

Its happening with the pac 3

Edited by dark jam

On 2/2/2016 at 5:48 PM, blackrack said:

I actually don't disable the stock ocean mesh at all (the game breaks when I try to do that), I just make it transparent instead (i.e invisible) and don't change anything else. So I don't really know what's happening, maybe we should ask @BahamutoD how the collision detection is handled on projectiles.

Also, yeah, sorry to disappoint you but it looks like wave interaction will not happen, I've shown two nice-looking webms before but it won't go beyond that. All sorts of kraken and physics-related issues happen, and variable wave height would need to be built into the buoyancy system from the ground up for it to truly work, there is also quite the CPU overhead on finding the exact wave height and slope at any given point on the CPU.

Projectiles that are parts (bombs, missiles) just use the normal KSP collisions.  Non-part projectiles like rockets and submunitions use raycasts, but also does an altitude check and detonates if altitude is < 0 (underwater), so those shouldn't have an issue..

On 2/3/2016 at 8:28 PM, TMasterson5 said:

@BahamutoD any idea why my bombs for Master Tech Weapons wouldnt be drawing the aiming circles? Is there anything that needs to go into the part or cfg for that?

You should just need to have "missileType = bomb" in the config.

9 hours ago, BF2_Pilot said:

This is a torpedo form me

Is the ‘‘CFG‘’ right?
 torpedo = true
 waterImpactTolerance = 100

That would be the correct way to use those, yes.  I haven't done any testing with torpedo stuff yet though.

I've been having a major issue since version 1.0 of KSP trying to get BD Armoury to work. The bug happens when I try to launch any craft, at both the launchpad and runway.. The view returns to the KSC, but slightly below ground and frozen. When I hit esc at this point, the camera begins to float slowly off to space and infinity, at a fixed angle. Pressing esc again pauses this panning, but no menu appears and I am left force closing the game. I've tried on otherwise stock installs, etc.. removing BD Armoury fixes the problem, but I was really hoping to use this mod, I enjoyed it in KSP 0.90. I am running Ubuntu, so maybe it's a Linux issue? I apologize if this has been resolved already, but it is happening with the latest release of BDA, exactly the same as previous versions. I would appreciate any thoughts anyone has on this glitch, for now I'm not going to include a log file until it's certain that I'm unique in experiencing this bug.