[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

2 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

...automagically....

yes......yes......

2 hours ago, Acea said:

Would you consider adding a depth charge mode bomb or missile? I mean you can set them to detonate at a depth, not near or hit by a target

I second this- how about an altitude fuse mode? Depth would basically be negative alt, and it would let you make flak rockets and such.

On 3/2/2016 at 11:12 PM, lekkimsm2500 said:

I'm gonna need a bit a help on the modular missile contraption. I've tried alot of different setups and whatnot, but i still haven't managed to get it to do ANYTHING else but fly in either a straight line or drop right down.

Is there like a short tutorial, some steps described, or maybe small video showing how it works?

On 4/2/2016 at 1:06 AM, dark jam said:

I would appreciate that as well

Anyone?

This is an awesome mod,but I am having problems with it.When I launch a plane or some other thing it just shows the inside of Kerbin and the sun when in map view.I removed BahaTurret.dll only to find that I needed it.Help?If this means anything,my OS is Windows 10 and game version is 1.0.5.I also have the latest version of the mod.

I can report bugs in this topic forum,right?

Edited by bananasrawesome

Hey Baha, i have to say first what a great job you're doing; hats off.
Often when i try to bomb from high altitude or angles of attack (lob/loft bombing); the CCIP (ground impact indicator) disappears. Is there a reason for this? Is it a bug?

Now i know you must get thousands of suggestions and ideas every week, but i think you might like this one.

Bombing Radar
Basically this could be a mode where the radar only shows ground targets; but it also shows you the impact point of your bombs, so you can do radar bombing without having to "see" your target or bomb using the CCIP. You could also use it to lock targets and send the data to the GPS as you would with a FLIR. Hell if you feel like it, you could even set up something where you lock your target, use the radar's centreline to line it up, hold a "pickle" button and have the bombs drop automatically when the impact point goes up to it. That would definitely be great.

You could also make a dedicated bombing-only radar belly blister that you can stick on the underside of your bombers, it would also double as a surface search radar with 360 degree scanning; as you can see on this soviet Bear-D naval patrol bomber

Bear-D-DN-SC-87-06526.jpg

I love air combat like everyone else but i really also enjoy bombing and naval strike; this would really be a great addition to your work i think.

Edited by lolzor

57 minutes ago, lolzor said:

Hey Baha, i have to say first what a great job you're doing; hats off.
Often when i try to bomb from high altitude or angles of attack (lob/loft bombing); the CCIP (ground impact indicator) disappears. Is there a reason for this? Is it a bug?

Now i know you must get thousands of suggestions and ideas every week, but i think you might like this one.

Bombing Radar
Basically this could be a mode where the radar only shows ground targets; but it also shows you the impact point of your bombs, so you can do radar bombing without having to "see" your target or bomb using the CCIP. You could also use it to lock targets and send the data to the GPS as you would with a FLIR. Hell if you feel like it, you could even set up something where you lock your target, use the radar's centreline to line it up, hold a "pickle" button and have the bombs drop automatically when the impact point goes up to it. That would definitely be great.

You could also make a dedicated bombing-only radar belly blister that you can stick on the underside of your bombers, it would also double as a surface search radar with 360 degree scanning; as you can see on this soviet Bear-D naval patrol bomber

Bear-D-DN-SC-87-06526.jpg

I love air combat like everyone else but i really also enjoy bombing and naval strike; this would really be a great addition to your work i think.

Dang dude, you did your research. You got my vote (for what little it counts for)

Edited by Thatdude253
Spelling

Here's my Output log:

Spoiler

Kerbal Space Program - 1.0.5.0 (LinuxPlayer)

CPU: Pentium(R) Dual-Core  CPU      E6500  @ 2.93GHz (2)
RAM: 7984
GPU: GeForce GTX 260/PCIe/SSE2 (896MB)
SM: 30 (OpenGL 3.3 [3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.96])
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, DefaultHDR, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8

Log started: Mon, Feb 08, 2016 09:56:23

*** it goes on to load up, I can't paste the full log so I'll jump to the craft launch:

[LOG 10:33:11.197] [Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for CraftWithinPartCountLimit: PASS!
[LOG 10:33:11.197] [Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for CraftWithinSizeLimits: PASS!
[LOG 10:33:11.197] [Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for CraftWithinMassLimits: PASS!
[LOG 10:33:11.199] [Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for ExperimentalPartsAvailable: PASS!
[LOG 10:33:11.199] [Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for CanAffordLaunchTest: PASS!
[LOG 10:33:11.199] [Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for FacilityOperational: PASS!
[LOG 10:33:11.199] [Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for NoControlSources: PASS!
[LOG 10:33:11.200] [Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for LaunchSiteClear: PASS!
[LOG 10:33:11.200] [Pre-Flight Check]: All Checks Complete. Go for Launch!
[LOG 10:33:11.210] Launching vessel from Runway. Craft file: /home/tim/BdArmory/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/../saves/BDA test/Ships/SPH/Auto-Saved Ship.craft
[LOG 10:33:11.213] Game State Saved to saves/BDA test/persistent
[WRN 10:33:11.233] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From EDITOR to FLIGHT (Async) =====================
[LOG 10:33:12.801] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'BDArmorySettings' from assembly 'BahaTurret'
[LOG 10:33:12.879] == BDArmory : Loading settings.cfg ==
[WRN 10:33:12.879] File 'GameData/BDArmory/settings.cfg' does not exist
[LOG 10:33:12.879] == BDArmory : Failed to load settings config==
[WRN 10:33:15.750] ApplicationLauncher already exist, destroying this instance
[LOG 10:33:15.761] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'NavWaypoint' from assembly 'KSP'
[LOG 10:33:15.766] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'BDArmorySettings' from assembly 'BahaTurret'
[LOG 10:33:15.766] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'ParticleTurbulence' from assembly 'BahaTurret'
[LOG 10:33:15.768] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'BDATargetManager' from assembly 'BahaTurret'
[LOG 10:33:15.876] ------------------- initializing flight mode... ------------------
[LOG 10:33:15.885] Save title: BDA test (SANDBOX)
[WRN 10:33:15.885] File 'GameData/BDArmory/gpsTargets.cfg' does not exist
[EXC 10:33:15.887] IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "/home/tim/Desktop/GameData/BDArmory/gpsTargets.cfg".
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options)
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode)
    ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header)
    ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName)
    BahaTurret.BDATargetManager.SaveGPSTargets (.ConfigNode saveNode)
    EventData`1[ConfigNode].Fire (.ConfigNode data)
    Game.Save (.ConfigNode rootNode)
    GameBackup..ctor (.Game game)
    FlightDriver.Start ()
[LOG 10:33:15.941] == BDArmory : Loading settings.cfg ==
[WRN 10:33:15.941] File 'GameData/BDArmory/settings.cfg' does not exist
[LOG 10:33:15.941] == BDArmory : Failed to load settings config==
[EXC 10:33:15.976] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ResourceDisplay.CreateResourceList ()
    ResourceDisplay.Update ()
[EXC 10:33:15.978] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UIPartActionController.UpdateResourceWindows ()
    UIPartActionController.UpdateFlight ()
    UIPartActionController.Update ()
[EXC 10:33:15.990] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    VesselAutopilotUI.LateUpdate ()
[EXC 10:33:15.991] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    InternalSpace.InternalToWorld (Quaternion internalSpaceRotation)
    InternalSpace.WorldToInternal (Quaternion worldSpaceRotation)
    IVASun.LateUpdate ()
[EXC 10:33:15.999] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    NavWaypoint.get_DirectionToWaypoint ()
    NavWaypoint.LateUpdate ()
[EXC 10:33:16.104] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 10:33:16.105] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 10:33:16.114] [ScenarioDestructibles]: Loading... 0 objects registered
[LOG 10:33:16.117] Loading Depletion Nodes
[LOG 10:33:16.117] DepNodeCount:  0
[LOG 10:33:16.117] Loading Biome Nodes
[LOG 10:33:16.117] BiomeNodeCount:  0
[LOG 10:33:16.117] Loading Planet Nodes
[LOG 10:33:16.117] PlanetNodeCount:  0
[EXC 10:33:16.117] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 10:33:16.118] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    IVASun.LateUpdate ()
[EXC 10:33:16.118] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 10:33:16.119] [AsteroidSpawner]: No new objects this time. (Odds are 1:2)
[EXC 10:33:16.130] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ResourceDisplay+.MoveNext ()
[EXC 10:33:16.130] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 10:33:16.131] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 10:33:16.133] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 10:33:16.133] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    IVASun.LateUpdate ()
[EXC 10:33:16.218] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 10:33:16.218] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 10:33:16.223] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    FlightGlobals.get_ship_longitude ()
    MapView+.MoveNext ()
[EXC 10:33:16.223] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    IVASun.LateUpdate ()
[EXC 10:33:16.224] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 10:33:16.310] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 10:33:16.310] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 10:33:16.311] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

*** it goes on and on like that for quite a while, until I killed the KSP process.

Let me know if you need the loading-of-BDArmory stuff too.

Thanks to the recent update gunships are now much more user friendly. That said I have noticed something
The 105 howitzer may need some recalibrating to work better with the slave turrets setting on the targeting ball. In the pic i posted you will see that the debug lines show that its accuracy is off by quite a bit. 1qUrPLE.png

5 hours ago, Vegatoxi said:

BahamutoD, last update is amazing, thx for it.

But seems you miss that Patriot missile block can loaded only up to 4 missiles in real life, and your Patriot can loaded up to 16 missiles(4 for each shaft...).

PAC-3s can actually be mounted 4 to a pod, such as this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Maintenance_check_on_a_Patriot_missile.jpg

PAC-2s are the ones that are single to a tube.

Edited by SGT_RIZZO300

On 07/02/2016 at 5:29 PM, BahamutoD said:

I finished making the rotary rail, so I'll probably release it soon:

Oh my, that's awesome! Oh, but can you actually make it remove bombs on bomb rack as parts and have only models displayed with mass and drag added to bomb rack itself instead? This way we'll be able to have bombers with many bombs without much of lag. Same goes for missile turrets.

On 6.2.2016 at 9:16 PM, BahamutoD said:

Hmm, let me know.

After some testing I found out it only is happening when I add new guns. Just your mod without any addionts works fine. But when I copy and modify one of your cfg, lets say for the hidden vulcan (change rof, damage etc.) and give it a new name, all guns stop shooting after one part of the other craft is destroyed. Any idea why this is happening? It's weird, this would mean that weapons from other BDA mods should also cause this bug. But I never saw any problems with them. Maybe it happens when I chnge certian values? I don't know. I can send you a cfg if you wanna try it.

Edited by Space Scumbag

13 hours ago, amankd said:

not sure if this has been done before, im gonna make it even bigger, but this is 4v4 dogfighting with just the AI's 

I've done 5v5 battles, AI only. I get about 7 FPS though. Mainly due to the physics (about 400-500 parts in total) but there's also the squillion countermeasures and missile trails being rendered.

Edited by Hobbes Novakoff

20 hours ago, Thatdude253 said:

Dang dude, you did your research. You got my vote (for what little it counts for)

Well i've always been a nerd for these things; so it just popped into my head while i was playing. But thanks. Hopefully Bahamuto sees the potential in this. I've got plenty of ideas, but i hate to be "that guy" who adds to the cacophony of request for X Y and Z.

On 2016/2/7 at 3:57 AM, minepagan said:

I second this- how about an altitude fuse mode? Depth would basically be negative alt, and it would let you make flak rockets and such.

I guess this is one of the best ideas ever seen since I began using BDArmory

On 8-2-2016 at 5:36 AM, lolzor said:

If your vertical velocity is very high, or very low, or your altitude is too high the reticle dissappears indeed. I thought the setting could be modified in settings.cfg, dunno which value though.

On 2/8/2016 at 0:36 PM, graphite747 said:

Here's my Output log:

Reveal hidden contents

Kerbal Space Program - 1.0.5.0 (LinuxPlayer)

CPU: Pentium(R) Dual-Core  CPU      E6500  @ 2.93GHz (2)
RAM: 7984
GPU: GeForce GTX 260/PCIe/SSE2 (896MB)
SM: 30 (OpenGL 3.3 [3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.96])
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, DefaultHDR, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8

Log started: Mon, Feb 08, 2016 09:56:23

*** it goes on to load up, I can't paste the full log so I'll jump to the craft launch:

[LOG 10:33:11.197] [Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for CraftWithinPartCountLimit: PASS!
[LOG 10:33:11.197] [Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for CraftWithinSizeLimits: PASS!
[LOG 10:33:11.197] [Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for CraftWithinMassLimits: PASS!
[LOG 10:33:11.199] [Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for ExperimentalPartsAvailable: PASS!
[LOG 10:33:11.199] [Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for CanAffordLaunchTest: PASS!
[LOG 10:33:11.199] [Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for FacilityOperational: PASS!
[LOG 10:33:11.199] [Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for NoControlSources: PASS!
[LOG 10:33:11.200] [Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for LaunchSiteClear: PASS!
[LOG 10:33:11.200] [Pre-Flight Check]: All Checks Complete. Go for Launch!
[LOG 10:33:11.210] Launching vessel from Runway. Craft file: /home/tim/BdArmory/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/../saves/BDA test/Ships/SPH/Auto-Saved Ship.craft
[LOG 10:33:11.213] Game State Saved to saves/BDA test/persistent
[WRN 10:33:11.233] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From EDITOR to FLIGHT (Async) =====================
[LOG 10:33:12.801] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'BDArmorySettings' from assembly 'BahaTurret'
[LOG 10:33:12.879] == BDArmory : Loading settings.cfg ==
[WRN 10:33:12.879] File 'GameData/BDArmory/settings.cfg' does not exist
[LOG 10:33:12.879] == BDArmory : Failed to load settings config==
[WRN 10:33:15.750] ApplicationLauncher already exist, destroying this instance
[LOG 10:33:15.761] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'NavWaypoint' from assembly 'KSP'
[LOG 10:33:15.766] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'BDArmorySettings' from assembly 'BahaTurret'
[LOG 10:33:15.766] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'ParticleTurbulence' from assembly 'BahaTurret'
[LOG 10:33:15.768] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'BDATargetManager' from assembly 'BahaTurret'
[LOG 10:33:15.876] ------------------- initializing flight mode... ------------------
[LOG 10:33:15.885] Save title: BDA test (SANDBOX)
[WRN 10:33:15.885] File 'GameData/BDArmory/gpsTargets.cfg' does not exist
[EXC 10:33:15.887] IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "/home/tim/Desktop/GameData/BDArmory/gpsTargets.cfg".
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options)
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode)
    ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header)
    ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName)
    BahaTurret.BDATargetManager.SaveGPSTargets (.ConfigNode saveNode)
    EventData`1[ConfigNode].Fire (.ConfigNode data)
    Game.Save (.ConfigNode rootNode)
    GameBackup..ctor (.Game game)
    FlightDriver.Start ()
[LOG 10:33:15.941] == BDArmory : Loading settings.cfg ==
[WRN 10:33:15.941] File 'GameData/BDArmory/settings.cfg' does not exist
[LOG 10:33:15.941] == BDArmory : Failed to load settings config==
[EXC 10:33:15.976] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 10:33:15.978] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 10:33:15.990] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 10:33:15.991] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    IVASun.LateUpdate ()
[EXC 10:33:15.999] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 10:33:16.104] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 10:33:16.105] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 10:33:16.114] [ScenarioDestructibles]: Loading... 0 objects registered
[LOG 10:33:16.117] Loading Depletion Nodes
[LOG 10:33:16.117] DepNodeCount:  0
[LOG 10:33:16.117] Loading Biome Nodes
[LOG 10:33:16.117] BiomeNodeCount:  0
[LOG 10:33:16.117] Loading Planet Nodes
[LOG 10:33:16.117] PlanetNodeCount:  0
[EXC 10:33:16.117] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    IVASun.LateUpdate ()
[LOG 10:33:16.119] [AsteroidSpawner]: No new objects this time. (Odds are 1:2)
    ResourceDisplay+.MoveNext ()
[EXC 10:33:16.131] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    IVASun.LateUpdate ()
    FlightGlobals.get_ship_longitude ()
    MapView+.MoveNext ()
    IVASun.LateUpdate ()
[EXC 10:33:16.224] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 10:33:16.311] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

*** it goes on and on like that for quite a while, until I killed the KSP process.

Let me know if you need the loading-of-BDArmory stuff too.

Thank you.  It looks like the problem is it can't find the save files for the settings or the GPS targets.  Can you check to make sure you have settings.cfg and gpsTargets.cfg in your BDArmory folder?  If you do, then something else weird is going on, because it seems to be looking for the file in a GameData folder on your desktop.. I have no idea why it would do that.

On 2/8/2016 at 7:55 PM, bananasrawesome said:

This is an awesome mod,but I am having problems with it.When I launch a plane or some other thing it just shows the inside of Kerbin and the sun when in map view.I removed BahaTurret.dll only to find that I needed it.Help?If this means anything,my OS is Windows 10 and game version is 1.0.5.I also have the latest version of the mod.

I can report bugs in this topic forum,right?

As I said to those with similar problems in the previous page, I need to see your output_log.txt to be able to help.

22 hours ago, Space Scumbag said:

After some testing I found out it only is happening when I add new guns. Just your mod without any addionts works fine. But when I copy and modify one of your cfg, lets say for the hidden vulcan (change rof, damage etc.) and give it a new name, all guns stop shooting after one part of the other craft is destroyed. Any idea why this is happening? It's weird, this would mean that weapons from other BDA mods should also cause this bug. But I never saw any problems with them. Maybe it happens when I chnge certian values? I don't know. I can send you a cfg if you wanna try it.

I have no idea why that would happen.  Send me your part config and I'll take a look.

I said this before and ill say it again, in 10.1 im missing the green dot/circle for aiming bombs, guns, and missiles, ive tried re installing BD armory twice to no avail. My youtube series is ongoing right now and I need these reticles to continue it. And i dont feel like making a list of all the mods ive installed then making an entire new KSP folder and downloading and installing all the mods again.

6 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

I said this before and ill say it again, in 10.1 im missing the green dot/circle for aiming bombs, guns, and missiles, ive tried re installing BD armory twice to no avail. My youtube series is ongoing right now and I need these reticles to continue it. And i dont feel like making a list of all the mods ive installed then making an entire new KSP folder and downloading and installing all the mods again.

There is a way to ask for help and this way won't yield you the best results....

when running a substantial number of mods (I run 80+) you really need to keep the original zip / rar files in a seperate folder for backup.

some times mods don't get along and will barf all over your install. That being said. I have not noticed an issue with the reticule. (Win 10 x64 dx9)