[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Strange problem with the Jernas and Guard Mode:

1. When GM is OFF I can track objects with the tracking radar no problem.
  2. As soon as GM is ON it does not track. If I start the tracking manually the track is lost inmediately. Also Jernas has no interest in even attempting a track or shoot or anything.
  3. As soon as I pick up the Jernas with GM ON (with Vessel Mover v1.2) the Jernas, tracks the target and schoots it down.
  4. When I put it back on the ground, same beaviour as in (2).

It doesn't matter where I put the Contruct. Always the same behaviour.

This is the Setup:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=621603193

7 minutes ago, DocMop said:

Strange problem with the Jernas and Guard Mode:

1. When GM is OFF I can track objects with the tracking radar no problem.
  2. As soon as GM is ON it does not track. If I start the tracking manually the track is lost inmediately. Also Jernas has no interest in even attempting a track or shoot or anything.
  3. As soon as I pick up the Jernas with GM ON (with Vessel Mover v1.2) the Jernas, tracks the target and schoots it down.
  4. When I put it back on the ground, same beaviour as in (2).

It doesn't matter where I put the Contruct. Always the same behaviour.

This is the Setup:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=621603193

This is because you set "guns range" to 10km, which means it will only use guns on any target within 10km.  If you want it to use only missiles, set guns range to 0.

Update v0.10.2

= New =
- Adjustable Rotary bomb/missile rail
- AI Pilot guards can select and use unguided or GPS guided bombs
- Guards will open and close cargo bays as necessary for missiles/bombs (FAR users need to manually set 'cargo bay' missiles/bombs)

= Changes =
- Selecting a missile will enable all turrets containing its type, not just current missile
- No longer render cluster bomb submunitions until they are deployed
- Guards will take longer to forget about contacts if they have not been seen
- Guards will reset memory lifetime of contact if they are seen again

= Fixes =
- Fixed targeting pod stabilizing on underwater terrain instead of surface
- Fixed Take-off not working on Command Self if AIPilot is not activated
- Fixed exceptions thrown by cluster bomb, targeting camera, and wing commander
- Reduced debug log spam

Notes:
- With stock aero the guard will automatically detect which missiles/bombs are inside cargo bays and set them accordingly.  I don't know how to do this in FAR so you have to do it manually via the missile's right click menu.

@ferram4 Any suggestions on that?

There isn't.  FAR doesn't assign parts to be shielded by specific bays / anything, because there is nothing special about a cargo bay in FAR anymore.  So there's just no way to do it, and because of the method FAR uses there's no way to even try to assign those values.

Another good release. Ground units don't have any countermeasures defence against unguided or GPS bombs, I think?

Now for a contract pack which air-spawns incoming bombers with GPS coordinates for the KSC buildings already locked in! Eh,@inigma?

We need a guardmode activated air raid siren!

Edited by colmo
Tagged inigma

48 minutes ago, ferram4 said:

There isn't.  FAR doesn't assign parts to be shielded by specific bays / anything, because there is nothing special about a cargo bay in FAR anymore.  So there's just no way to do it, and because of the method FAR uses there's no way to even try to assign those values.

Okay that's fine.  I'll leave it as it is then.

8 minutes ago, colmo said:

Another good release. Ground units don't have any countermeasures defence against unguided or GPS bombs, I think?

Now for a contract pack which air-spawns incoming bombers with GPS coordinates for the KSC buildings already locked in! Eh,@inigma?

We need a guardmode activated air raid siren!

Not other than CIWS/missiles.

Guards still only attack vessels, not arbitrary GPS coordinates, so this wouldn't quite work yet.

Edited by BahamutoD

This mod has added so much to KSP which I didn't even realize I was missing. Just having an AI try to fly my creations adds a lot, making it easier to spot potential for improvement in my creations. To say nothing of the option to carpet-bomb the Space Centre!

However, there's one thing I'm really missing, being the option to RTFM. I might be blind, but I've really tried to look before spamming down the forums with "halp how do I" with no luck.

I'm all for trying and failing, but a writeup on what the different AI settings do, like steer factor, limiter and damping, would be great. I've also tried setting up some SAM batteries, but it seems the AI won't lock with missiles...? So, uh, is there a manual somewhere?

16 minutes ago, Veskenapper said:

This mod has added so much to KSP which I didn't even realize I was missing. Just having an AI try to fly my creations adds a lot, making it easier to spot potential for improvement in my creations. To say nothing of the option to carpet-bomb the Space Centre!

However, there's one thing I'm really missing, being the option to RTFM. I might be blind, but I've really tried to look before spamming down the forums with "halp how do I" with no luck.

I'm all for trying and failing, but a writeup on what the different AI settings do, like steer factor, limiter and damping, would be great. I've also tried setting up some SAM batteries, but it seems the AI won't lock with missiles...? So, uh, is there a manual somewhere?

What type of missiles and set your guns range for the guard to 0. make sure the 2 craft are on opposite teams

4 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

What type of missiles and set your guns range for the guard to 0. make sure the 2 craft are on opposite teams

A couple of Patriot turrets loaded with 4x PAC-3 in each tube, and a TWS Locking Radar. I'm sure I've done something wrong, since I can't get the thing to fire anything manually either (despite clicking things on the radar screen so it's "locked").

4 minutes ago, Veskenapper said:

A couple of Patriot turrets loaded with 4x PAC-3 in each tube, and a TWS Locking Radar. I'm sure I've done something wrong, since I can't get the thing to fire anything manually either (despite clicking things on the radar screen so it's "locked").

You cant manually control weapons in guard mode, if you aren't in guard mode then I don't know, prehaps re-install?

1 hour ago, BahamutoD said:

Update v0.10.2

= New =
- Adjustable Rotary bomb/missile rail
- AI Pilot guards can select and use unguided or GPS guided bombs
- Guards will open and close cargo bays as necessary for missiles/bombs (FAR users need to manually set 'cargo bay' missiles/bombs)

= Changes =
- Selecting a missile will enable all turrets containing its type, not just current missile
- No longer render cluster bomb submunitions until they are deployed
- Guards will take longer to forget about contacts if they have not been seen
- Guards will reset memory lifetime of contact if they are seen again

= Fixes =
- Fixed targeting pod stabilizing on underwater terrain instead of surface
- Fixed Take-off not working on Command Self if AIPilot is not activated
- Fixed exceptions thrown by cluster bomb, targeting camera, and wing commander
- Reduced debug log spam

Notes:
- With stock aero the guard will automatically detect which missiles/bombs are inside cargo bays and set them accordingly.  I don't know how to do this in FAR so you have to do it manually via the missile's right click menu.

@ferram4 Any suggestions on that?

Thanks Baha! now i have my UI back and can continue my youtube series!

35 minutes ago, Veskenapper said:

Unfortunately, I have yet to WriteTFM.  I noticed that there were already wiki pages for BDArmory in Japanese and Korean (awesome!), so I decided I should start one in English.  There's nothing on it yet, and this is my first time making a wiki, so any help here would be greatly appreciated.  I'll be slowly filling it out over time.

http://bdarmory.wikia.com/

2 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

You cant manually control weapons in guard mode, if you aren't in guard mode then I don't know, prehaps re-install?

Thanks Baha! now i have my UI back and can continue my youtube series!

Not sure what caused it, but I found an NRE in ClusterBomb from your log, and fixed it, so maybe that had something to do with it.  Cheers

Edited by BahamutoD

1 minute ago, BahamutoD said:

Unfortunately, I have yet to WriteTFM.  I noticed that there were already wiki pages for BDArmory in Japanese and Korean (awesome!), so I decided I should start one in english.  There's nothing on it yet, and this is my first time making a wiki, so any help here would be greatly appreciated.  I'll be slowly filling it out over time.

http://bdarmory.wikia.com/

Give how much people have figured out already, that's probably the best IdeaForAFM in the history of manuals :D

21 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

Well, now I feel silly, but disabling guard mode helped for manual control; it definitely fires well, and things explode. Now I just have to make it work in guard mode...

Edit: Now I feel even sillier, but as it happens, sticking a Modular Missile Guidance unit onto a SAM launcher does not help guide the missiles; instead it makes the launcher believe it IS a missile. And so it won't shoot at things.

Edited by Veskenapper

17 minutes ago, goldenpeach said:

Is there a way to have multiple radars "synced".

I mean, if we have two radars, is there an option to have both of them constantly face the opposite direction?

No, other than timing when you turn it on.

--

I just realized I left "remote shooting" enabled in the settings on the recent releases.  Turn that off in the settings if you don't want your trigger to fire guns on other vessels.

8 minutes ago, stickman939 said:

Anyone else having a problem with the rotary bomb rack?

I.E. Not rotating and bombs/missiles dropping

Or am I missing something? lol

It seems you need a bit more clearance than you normally need.

BahamotoD. I am loving the new update. For the future though would you consider adding attachment points to the rotary rack? It would make it more user friendly IMO. Thanks again

3 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

It seems you need a bit more clearance than you normally need.

BahamotoD. I am loving the new update. For the future though would you consider adding attachment points to the rotary rack? It would make it more user friendly IMO. Thanks again

I would have, but I can't.  Attachment nodes can only be at 90 degree angles.

9 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

I would have, but I can't.  Attachment nodes can only be at 90 degree angles.

I know I've seen nodes with tighter angles--octosats come to mind--but I should note that in those cases it wasn't possible to fill them all with one piece, i.e. they didn't recognize each over as symmetrical.

Bug issue.
RBS-15 when launches acts like it trys to fly but falls to the ground. 
It launches but crashes during booster stage.

Never mind…i guess it was just a slight issue as a reset of the game fixed it.

Edited by War Eagle 1