[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

3 hours ago, V8jester said:

Where did you hear KS is "closing"? They've been down before. Granted two days is kind of new. But are they really shutting down there page?

yes his is "closing" it might be temporary but he "doesn't feel appreciated"

Kerbal Stuff is shutting down

On June 1st 2014, I started working on Kerbal Stuff. 20 months have passed. 1,191 mods have been uploaded and 20,407 users registered with the site. Today, I am officially closing Kerbal Stuff. I'll explain how it came to this.

I built Kerbal Stuff after the announcement that KSP mods were to be officially moved to Curse. At the time, and still today, I did not feel that Curse would do right by the kommunity. I stepped up to build an alternative that would be much better than the mess Curse would provide. I built Kerbal Stuff to do right by the kommunity where Squad wouldn't.

I opened up a beta and got some modders on board, and Kerbal Stuff was very well received. It's fair to say that Kerbal Stuff decisively won the battle over Curse, providing hosting for nearly double the number of mods. It boils down to Kerbal Stuff simply being better at it. Kerbal Stuff had no ads for its entire lifetime, emailed users when their mods updated, and cared more about the modders and the players.

Undoubtedly Kerbal Stuff has had a direct impact on Squad's revenue - how many players must have hopped back into Kerbal Space Program after getting an email about their favorite mod receiving an update? In the past month, despite frequent downtime and slow page loads, Kerbal Stuff has served 1.2 million page views over 279 thousand sessions for over 84 thousand unique visitors.

As thanks, Squad continues to endorse Curse as the official source for KSP mods. They refuse to even mention Kerbal Stuff in public. During the early days, they even pursued me legally for the use of the word "Kerbal" in the name (this was before they registered the trademark).

Even setting Squad aside, running Kerbal Stuff is a largely thankless job. In fact, for the most part, I just hear complaints. Most people don't actually care about the effort put into it. Whenever I've taken the time to add features or make improvements or meet the requests of users, no one has shown any appreciation. I stopped volunteering my time and energy to extend this website, because my efforts were always met with silence or complaints.

I don't have expectations of anyone. I don't expect anyone to gush over how great any new features I implement are. I don't expect Squad to support Kerbal Stuff as the official source for mods. However, these factors have contributed to the apathy I have for the ongoing maintenance of Kerbal Stuff. I'm not willing to invest more of my time and energy into making Kerbal Stuff faster or more stable. I have been well aware of the slowness and instability, but I simply have no motivation to fix it.

I would like to thank those who have been supportive. Thanks to the volunteer admins for helping maintain the site. Thanks as well to the modders who chose to host their mods on Kerbal Stuff, and the users who chose to use it as their source for mods.

All of the mods hosted on Kerbal Stuff are available via this torrent. The source code for Kerbal Stuff will continue to be available on Github. I can be reached at [email protected].

- Drew "SirCmpwn" DeVault

Edited by that other guy

16 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

I've uploaded the latest version with minor fixes to GitHub.

https://github.com/BahamutoD/BDArmory/releases/tag/v0.10.2.1

v0.10.2.1
= Fixes =
- Fixed typo in AGM-86C cruise missile description (should say GPS guided)
- Disabled 'Remote firing' option by default

Thank you. I just noticed the big update, and I almost cried when I heard that kerbalstuff went down...

Edited by NightHawk114

On 2/15/2016 at 6:54 AM, that other guy said:

yes his is "closing" it might be temporary but he "doesn't feel appreciated"

Kerbal Stuff is shutting down

On June 1st 2014, I started working on Kerbal Stuff. 20 months have passed. 1,191 mods have been uploaded and 20,407 users registered with the site. Today, I am officially closing Kerbal Stuff. I'll explain how it came to this.

I built Kerbal Stuff after the announcement that KSP mods were to be officially moved to Curse. At the time, and still today, I did not feel that Curse would do right by the kommunity. I stepped up to build an alternative that would be much better than the mess Curse would provide. I built Kerbal Stuff to do right by the kommunity where Squad wouldn't.

I opened up a beta and got some modders on board, and Kerbal Stuff was very well received. It's fair to say that Kerbal Stuff decisively won the battle over Curse, providing hosting for nearly double the number of mods. It boils down to Kerbal Stuff simply being better at it. Kerbal Stuff had no ads for its entire lifetime, emailed users when their mods updated, and cared more about the modders and the players.

Undoubtedly Kerbal Stuff has had a direct impact on Squad's revenue - how many players must have hopped back into Kerbal Space Program after getting an email about their favorite mod receiving an update? In the past month, despite frequent downtime and slow page loads, Kerbal Stuff has served 1.2 million page views over 279 thousand sessions for over 84 thousand unique visitors.

As thanks, Squad continues to endorse Curse as the official source for KSP mods. They refuse to even mention Kerbal Stuff in public. During the early days, they even pursued me legally for the use of the word "Kerbal" in the name (this was before they registered the trademark).

Even setting Squad aside, running Kerbal Stuff is a largely thankless job. In fact, for the most part, I just hear complaints. Most people don't actually care about the effort put into it. Whenever I've taken the time to add features or make improvements or meet the requests of users, no one has shown any appreciation. I stopped volunteering my time and energy to extend this website, because my efforts were always met with silence or complaints.

I don't have expectations of anyone. I don't expect anyone to gush over how great any new features I implement are. I don't expect Squad to support Kerbal Stuff as the official source for mods. However, these factors have contributed to the apathy I have for the ongoing maintenance of Kerbal Stuff. I'm not willing to invest more of my time and energy into making Kerbal Stuff faster or more stable. I have been well aware of the slowness and instability, but I simply have no motivation to fix it.

I would like to thank those who have been supportive. Thanks to the volunteer admins for helping maintain the site. Thanks as well to the modders who chose to host their mods on Kerbal Stuff, and the users who chose to use it as their source for mods.

All of the mods hosted on Kerbal Stuff are available via this torrent. The source code for Kerbal Stuff will continue to be available on Github. I can be reached at [email protected].

- Drew "SirCmpwn" DeVault

RIP Kerbal stuff, it was the simplest most user friendly mod website ever. Curse is a giant hunk of junk mess that is a pain to look through, yet squad continues to use it . Kerbal Space Port was better than curse. If anything squad should have went with kerbal stuff and endorsed it, but nope, money hungry scoundrels. I'm beginning to rethink my view on squad.

I got a question/issue, is the Hydra-70 Rocket Turret not supposed to have an action group to turn enable/disable it? It's rather tedious having to click it to enable it and then make sure i don't shoot myself with it when i go to shut it off lol. I've ran through the config to try and figure out what it is missing (comparing whats missing in it with the what the Goalkeeper has as an example) but for the life of me can't figure it out.

Any help?

11 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

RIP Kerbal stuff, it was the simplest most user friendly mod website ever. Curse is a giant hunk of junk mess that is a pain to look through, yet squad continues to use it even though its excrements. Kerbal Space Port was better than curse. If anything squad should have went with kerbal stuff and endorsed it, but nope, money hungry scoundrels. I'm beginning to rethink my view on squad.

Only just now beginning, eh?

I bought KSP when it was on sale and regretted not looking up the dev's history before doing so.

CKAN has allegedly gotten a lot of volunteers, with any luck they'll be the future of KS.

3 hours ago, ChemicalMonkey said:

I got a question/issue, is the Hydra-70 Rocket Turret not supposed to have an action group to turn enable/disable it? It's rather tedious having to click it to enable it and then make sure i don't shoot myself with it when i go to shut it off lol. I've ran through the config to try and figure out what it is missing (comparing whats missing in it with the what the Goalkeeper has as an example) but for the life of me can't figure it out.

Any help?

Use the weapon manager. I set AG1 to be fire missile, AG2 to be next weapon, and AG3 to be previous weapon.

Hello there,

I am having some trouble enabling SAM sites. I am on OSX latest, KSP v1.0.5.1028 with BD Armory v0.10.2.1 fetched from github releases.

I have re-installed my KSP from scratch and tried this with only the BD Armory mod installed as I was getting nuts why it didn't work...

No matter which setup I try, the SAM sites will simply not fire any AA rocket, I've read all instructions and documents, saw the Youtube tutorial on how to setup SAM sites but no luck.

Here's a setup using the Jernas Missile Turret:

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-16%20at%205.45.5

I've tried all other combinations using Adjustable Missile Rail and the Patriot Launcher with all combinations of AA missiles..

No matter what i do, after I enable the guard and the tracking radar the SAM turret will simply not work. It will detect and lock on the enemy ship but on each firing interval it will just print "Selected Weapon None" not selecting a missile and thus not firing:

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-16%20at%205.51.5

Please help

9 hours ago, ChemicalMonkey said:

Any help?

As mentioned above, use the weapon manager for selecting and enabling weapons.

5 hours ago, Hellbrand said:

Was the BD armory tab omitted? I cant seem to see it in any of the editor screens :o

No, it should be there.  If not, send logs.

5 minutes ago, babbos said:

Hello there,

I am having some trouble enabling SAM sites. I am on OSX latest, KSP v1.0.5.1028 with BD Armory v0.10.2.1 fetched from github releases.

I have re-installed my KSP from scratch and tried this with only the BD Armory mod installed as I was getting nuts why it didn't work...

No matter which setup I try, the SAM sites will simply not fire any AA rocket, I've read all instructions and documents, saw the Youtube tutorial on how to setup SAM sites but no luck.

Here's a setup using the Jernas Missile Turret:

[snip]

It's a simple mistake - read the part about "Guns range" here: http://bdarmory.wikia.com/wiki/Guard_Mode#Guns_Range

Edited by BahamutoD

Baha, I'm trying to export my gun into game. However, when I put in on craft it stays unmoving, and targeting reticule jsut points down.
Here's my Unity setup:
SKJKF9z.png
Also, maybe I'm off topic but how do I put my animation into game? It's already present in .dae asset, but how do I put into .mu?

Edited by sashan

5 minutes ago, sashan said:

Baha, I'm trying to export my gun into game. However, when I put in on craft it stays unmoving, and targeting reticule jsut points down.
Here's my Unity setup:

Also, maybe I'm off topic but how do I put my animation into game? It's already present in .dae asset, but how do I put into .mu?

Make sure the pitch and yaw transforms have local rotations of 0,0,0.

For animations, add an animation component to the root gameobject and animate it again in unity.  Since you broke the prefab relationship, the animation from the imported model won't carry over.

(I always just animate in unity since I know I'm going to be messing with the hierarchy after importing the model)

Edited by BahamutoD

1 minute ago, BahamutoD said:

Make sure the pitch and yaw transforms have local rotations of 0,0,0.

What if they aren't? Making them zero messes model up, how to fix it then?
Also, thanks about animations. SHould I add animation or animator component?

Just now, sashan said:

What if they aren't? Making them zero messes model up, how to fix it then?
Also, thanks about animations. SHould I add animation or animator component?

Give it a parent so and adjust the parent so that the transform is pointing in the right direction and has a zero rotation.

Use Animation component, not animator.

10 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

Give it a parent so and adjust the parent so that the transform is pointing in the right direction and has a zero rotation.

Use Animation component, not animator.

Okay, fixed this. It's a pity about zero rotations, my design of a radar needs its default pitch to be -30 degrees.
Also, how to add more than one animation?

Edited by sashan

For the rotation transforms, Z forward, X right, Y up.

5905d91968.jpg

The whole part in general should point to global Z- though (see top right).

1 hour ago, Kill3rCat said:

Odd. Cannot attach TOW missiles to TOW rack. Known issue?

Rotate the missile until you get the proper rotation.

Edited by BahamutoD

Sure thing. Gimme a sec.

----------------------------------------

5 min later: Ok, odd. I just installed a mod (StripSymmetry), and at the same time deleted a few old redundant ones I no longer use. Upon restarting the game, the part attaches fine. I know not if it was the restart (unlikely) or some issue with a removed mod (more probable, but still?) which fixed it. Thanks for your time, anyhow.

Edited by Kill3rCat

Ah, by the way... Would it be too much of a hassle to code in a 'bomb decouple delay'? I.e., in addition to the decouple speed and drop time, a setting which makes the bomb release x seconds after you press the relevant action group.

There are certain situations where it'd come on handy. I don't think it'd be a big pain to code in, but then again I am not sure.