[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

How'd you like my work?

You've ruined about of a week of my life btw, i've spent days sitting building accurate fighters and then making them fight each other.

The Su seems to murder everyone though. Also I don't know what sort of Su it is, lots of different Su numbers have a canard model.

Also this: 

2 hours ago, Aegrim said:

How'd you like my work?

You've ruined about of a week of my life btw, i've spent days sitting building accurate fighters and then making them fight each other.

The Su seems to murder everyone though. Also I don't know what sort of Su it is, lots of different Su numbers have a canard model.

Also this: 

What mods do you use to create the fighters? B9? 

7 hours ago, Aegrim said:

How'd you like my work?

Also this: 

--snip

Can I say those are some of the most beautiful fighters I've ever seen designed in KSP! And beautiful video as well!

Would you consider posting the craft files :D

Cheers!

8 hours ago, Aegrim said:

How'd you like my work?

Nice planes any chance of the .craft files?

11 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

Missile Exhaust 'Prefabs'

Nice, making a missile would be much easier now. :P Could you do same for gun muzzleflashes?

Also, how to set up cruise missile that turns with roll like an airplane?

@BahamutoD Could you model an Aim-7 Sparrow please? I'm dying to have it and PEW doesn't have it. It would go great with my F-4 Phantom that I built. Also because it is a semi-active guidance meaning you have to maintain lock until it hits you could program in semi-active radar as a new type of guidance which opens up alot of possibilities for other semi-active guidance missiles to be made by the community.

12 hours ago, BrutalRIP said:

Nice planes any chance of the .craft files?

14 hours ago, eurybaric said:

Can I say those are some of the most beautiful fighters I've ever seen designed in KSP! And beautiful video as well!

Would you consider posting the craft files :D

Cheers!

I'll make a thread and post them all once I've got through my todo list.

19 hours ago, CaptainCreeper56 said:

What mods do you use to create the fighters? B9? 

Just DBA and B9 Pwings.

EDIT - Oh and tweak scale

Edited by Aegrim

On 2/24/2016 at 0:41 AM, BahamutoD said:

Update v0.10.3.3
= New =
- Salvo/Barrage toggle for guns

Awesome, makes everything sound better and overheats are much less common too. Can look rather... comic if you have many guns far out on the wings of an aircraft because of the left -> right pattern of firing.

I also noticed that the majority of aircraft that are shot down in dogfights happen when one of the aircraft will suddenly try to climb to its default altitude, during which it will make no attempt to evade incoming fire or turn to face the enemy. This results in aircraft that have a lower default altitude having a great advantage over aircraft with a higher default altitude.

Attempting to start a battle with competition mode still results in the aircraft taking off and infinitely circling the KSC.

7 hours ago, Wraith977 said:

Awesome, makes everything sound better and overheats are much less common too.

That was due to a bug, when the rpm was higher than the framerate it would be forced to fire at a lower firerate.
ferram4 has fixed it, his version works flawlessly, and weapons overheat just like they should.

I still did not figure out how to use competition mode. I simply put two planes at KSC, separating at 500m and hit the button. There are nothing going on and the info shows that pilots are taking off.

Please somebody explain to me how does the competition mode work, thank you guys

@damowang2 yes because it was made before the competition mode existed, and the released version is missing a required module.

Check for any missing modules that the weapons manager and ai module have that it does not and add it manually to fix the issue.

I will patch that together with the bombs.

6 hours ago, damowang2 said:

OK

apparently turning on the staging will start the competition.

Also @tetryds, your integrated flying antenna is causing an NRE when activating competition mode. I would like to bring this to your and @BahamutoD's attention.

For now, add this to the antenna config: 

MODULE
{
  name = ModuleWingCommander
}

On 2/25/2016 at 2:24 AM, Aegrim said:

How'd you like my work?

Those are gorgeous! I especially like the Gripen; that's one plane I could never get quite right. Craft files = seconded! I'd love to pitch your (even more faithful) versions against my own :3

NvVkr69.jpg

2 hours ago, dark jam said:

help with slavo and barrage

select any gun in weapon manager, salvo and barrage option should appear below the trigger and weapon name (where ripple setting located). Salvo is all guns fire at the same time, while barrage is to divide the interval of fire by the amount of weapon, and trigger them one at a time.

Would it be possible to implement a mortar type weapon, a gun that fires a high arc, low velocity shell. I ask because all current land based weapons fire a high velocity, low arc projectile that makes it very hard to hit targets over even small hills.

Such a weapon could also make for some very interesting land base assaults, don't get hit by the mortar shells on the way to attack the base and such.