[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

On 3/2/2016 at 3:44 PM, Musicbro said:

The mod itself doesn't really work... the only thing it really does is break kerbin, camera movement, and any other control (Even Esc menu) Please help:(

i have the same problem :(

Can anyone help? I built a awesome tank but it doesn't work :( :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

2 hours ago, V8jester said:

I've seen multiple users say "BD won't work" Most of the time it is due to either a mod conflict (I have no idea which mod would conflict with BD, as I run over 100 with no problems...) or something botched with KSP's install. Are you running the steam version, or the .zip file install? Steam I really don't know enough to be helpful. But the zip file, was update not to long ago. It's still 1.0.5 but the version number in the menu screen was different (like 1.0.5 1028 or something like that) I suggest a full fresh reinstall with a new save (you can copy all your ships over so you won't loose anything) try that and if you still have problem's PM me so we can dive into the problem and not derail the thread too badly.

@sashan You've been building a lot of great LCS ships. Do you know if there's a mod with the hex pyramid radar from the Zumwalt? 

well, i'm running it on steam, but i've got the config files on my desktop, so does that help? also the version says 1.0.5 1028, so mines the same as yours, and i dont really know if i can uninstall it. also, it would take a lot of work.(ok mabye not so much, but i'm lazy.)

32 minutes ago, EPICNINJA2 said:

i have the same problem :(

Can anyone help? I built a awesome tank but it doesn't work :( :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

On 3/2/2016 at 6:44 PM, Musicbro said:

The mod itself doesn't really work... the only thing it really does is break kerbin, camera movement, and any other control (Even Esc menu) Please help:(

Use a fresh new copy of KSP, you probably have conflicting mods.

1 minute ago, EPICNINJA2 said:

I tried taking all mods out except BDArmory but it didnt work and no, there wasnt a way for it to locate the mods and use them

It's probably your save file. Try deleting the KSP folder, re download it, and start a new game, see if KSP works, then install BD Armoury. You probably have a corrupt save file.

1 minute ago, Shekelberg said:

It's probably your save file. Try deleting the KSP folder, re download it, and start a new game, see if KSP works, then install BD Armoury. You probably have a corrupt save file.

sorry im a bit of a newbie but ill try and see if it works

ill get back to you in a few days due problems this might pull up from my mods.

Edited by EPICNINJA2

I just realized, that the same thing happens with pirated weapons technology/romfarer lazor systems, exept there isn't a blueish light where kerbin ought to be. is it just outdated?

11 minutes ago, EPICNINJA2 said:

I tried taking all mods out except BDArmory but it didnt work and no, there wasnt a way for it to locate the mods and use them

yeah me too.

also, does anyone know why my B9 fuselages and wings wont show up?

19 minutes ago, PHUZZYthecat said:

I just realized, that the same thing happens with pirated weapons technology/romfarer lazor systems, exept there isn't a blueish light where kerbin ought to be. is it just outdated?

yeah me too.

also, does anyone know why my B9 fuselages and wings wont show up?

Please direct all B9 question here: B9 Thread

If the AI is supposed to open cargo bays, it doesn't work for me. Stock cargo bay, FAR, "In Cargo Bay" checked.

Clearance check = won't fire

No clearance check = suicide or rarely shooting missiles through cargo bay doors

Also, please increase min. combat speed from 120 (ridiculous, that's basically take-off speed) to at least 250 or please tell me which config should I edit to do it myself.

Edited by theend3r

I think the common cause for the planet destroying bug on launch is caused by failure to find the BDArmory settings config file.  So far, I've found this to be caused by launching KSP from a batch script or some kind of link that makes the game think the game directory is somewhere else.  Until I work out a fix, try launching KSP directly from the exe in the game directory.

Also, always make sure that the mod is installed in the correct directory.  

Edited by BahamutoD

7 hours ago, theend3r said:

If the AI is supposed to open cargo bays, it doesn't work for me. Stock cargo bay, FAR, "In Cargo Bay" checked.

Clearance check = won't fire

No clearance check = suicide or rarely shooting missiles through cargo bay doors

Also, please increase min. combat speed from 120 (ridiculous, that's basically take-off speed) to at least 250 or please tell me which config should I edit to do it myself.

Take off speed of 120m/s? That's 268mph.... My Atanov 225 will take off at 60m/s (with flaps). 120 for auto pilot is really all you need. The physics distance only loads so far away. You can very quickly loose your planes if they go too fast.

2 hours ago, V8jester said:

Take off speed of 120m/s? That's 268mph.... My Atanov 225 will take off at 60m/s (with flaps). 120 for auto pilot is really all you need. The physics distance only loads so far away. You can very quickly loose your planes if they go too fast.

My fighter jets have best performance at about 400 m/s and were unstable below 200 m/s before I installed kOS and made it automatically turn off thrust vectoring below 220 m/s.

1 hour ago, theend3r said:

My fighter jets have best performance at about 400 m/s and were unstable below 200 m/s before I installed kOS and made it automatically turn off thrust vectoring below 220 m/s.

Then you should either work on your plane or set the minimum speed that high just for planes that need it. 250m/s is around the MAXIMUM a late-war Spitfire can do ... in a dive.

Edit: Dynamic deflection should also help you, if you have too much control authority at lower speeds:

Edited by MarvinCZ

34 minutes ago, MarvinCZ said:

Then you should either work on your plane or set the minimum speed that high just for planes that need it. 250m/s is around the MAXIMUM a late-war Spitfire can do ... in a dive.

Edit: Dynamic deflection should also help you, if you have too much control authority at lower speeds:

Thanks, I know about that. Comparing Spitfires with modern jets is a bit absurd.

There is still the problem with cargo bay. Any ideas?

33 minutes ago, theend3r said:

Thanks, I know about that. Comparing Spitfires with modern jets is a bit absurd.

There is still the problem with cargo bay. Any ideas?

It isn't absurd when you are talking about making it the default minimum speed, but enough about that.

About Cargo bays, I know that BDA can have trouble launching missiles from inside cargo bays because it thinks the front of the bay is in the way, even when they are set to eject laterally. Leaving a bit more space in front might help with that. I don't know about problems with opening, though.

4 minutes ago, MarvinCZ said:

It isn't absurd when you are talking about making it the default minimum speed, but enough about that.

About Cargo bays, I know that BDA can have trouble launching missiles from inside cargo bays because it thinks the front of the bay is in the way, even when they are set to eject laterally. Leaving a bit more space in front might help with that. I don't know about problems with opening, though.

The missiles fire fine even with clearance check. If I set up a dogfight and set gund distance to 0, the planes just fly around. As soon as I manually open the bay, they fire, no problem there. The problem is that they don't even try to open the bay. I understood that that should be a feature of the autopilot.

Hey just throwing this out there?

What's the longest distance anyone has launched a gps missile? I'm just starting to really play with vertically launched cruise missiles and I'm just curious just how far I could shoot them. 

28 minutes ago, V8jester said:

What's the longest distance anyone has launched a gps missile? I'm just starting to really play with vertically launched cruise missiles and I'm just curious just how far I could shoot them. 

50km at most - most of them have unrealistically short flight times. If you increase it in config I guess you could haunch them across all Kerbin.

13 minutes ago, sashan said:

50km at most - most of them have unrealistically short flight times. If you increase it in config I guess you could haunch them across all Kerbin.

Cool! I didn't even know you could launch them that far :) I've got the bug to do military plane / ship deployment stuff for some of my videos. Just curious if I needed to keep them closer. Thanks @sashan

2 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Cool! I didn't even know you could launch them that far :) I've got the bug to do military plane / ship deployment stuff for some of my videos. Just curious if I needed to keep them closer. Thanks @sashan

You should just switch to them after launch - your launcher ship will then be unloaded from game and the missiles will continue towards target.

Just now, sashan said:

You should just switch to them after launch - your launcher ship will then be unloaded from game and the missiles will continue towards target.

Oh! Good idea. I figured the missile would unload. Also then I could just get some flight shots of the missile for videos as well. I'll remember that. Thanks