[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I don't know if someone else requested this feature before, sorry if it's the case.

It's about an armor system. .50cal ammo don't cause heat on parts that have 80m/s (or more) of crash tolerance. 20mm ammo can't put heat on parts that have 125m/s of crash tolerance (like the turret Abrahams). 30mm amo can penetrate any armor in game.

Sorry for my bad grammar.

I hope you can help me with this

(Filename:  Line: -1)

InvalidOperationException: Steamworks is not initialized.
  at Steamworks.InteropHelp.TestIfAvailableClient () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Steamworks.SteamController.Shutdown () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SteamController.KSPSteamController.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.MeshFilter:set_sharedMesh (UnityEngine.Mesh)

at SpriteMesh.CreateMesh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteMesh.get_mesh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteRoot.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteBase.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIListItemContainer.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (Int32 index, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ApplicationLauncher.RemoveApplication (.ApplicationLauncherButton button) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ResourceDisplay.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

3 minutes ago, SuppahLeetKillah said:

-snip-

Not our problems. Steam related issues. Go to them :)

18 hours ago, Riurik said:

I don't know if someone else requested this feature before, sorry if it's the case.

It's about an armor system. .50cal ammo don't cause heat on parts that have 80m/s (or more) of crash tolerance. 20mm ammo can't put heat on parts that have 125m/s of crash tolerance (like the turret Abrahams). 30mm amo can penetrate any armor in game.

Sorry for my bad grammar.

I think Baha wants to maintain stock compatibility thus he decided not to add armour points... I swore there is a older mod that did it :/

2 hours ago, Joshwoo69 said:

I think Baha wants to maintain stock compatibility thus he decided not to add armour points... I swore there is a older mod that did it :/

Skillful by InfiniteDice was a weapons/damage mod that added a proper damage system, using different types of ammunition to do different things (incendiary to set things on fire and so forth), I really can't remember much as this was years ago - the only weapons mod that came before it was the laser guided missiles by Romfarer - but Skillful was really the first proper weapons mod out there. It's been kept up to date so far but from the last few posts it seems like that wont be happening any more.:(

As for implementing a damage system in BDArmory... I personally think that using heat alone is a somewhat limiting approach (whilst certainly being the easiest), It would be cool to have a damage system in place that better shows and reacts to damage (wings lose lift if they're damaged, fuel tanks leak and can catch on fire, etc...), along with the fact that heat dissipates and radiators are currently like little auto-repair bots. Skillful did indeed alter any part in the game, giving it an armour value by (as far as I can remember) the user running a bat file.

Edited by Wraith977

It would be interesting if BDArmory implemented a more advanced damage system, despite heat being a very good placeholder.

I am talking to ferram to see which kind of system we could come up with, especially for BAD-T where being hit does not mean you are dead.

Not sure if this part is to blame, or one of the other military packs.... but...

After installation and playing around with this, I decided to launch a rocket...

All went fine till it was about to do the circ burn and as soon as the rocket engines ignited, it the rocket went slightly orange and blew up.... after a few other goes, with the same result, I finally got an end of mission report which said the rocket had over heated.... Knowing BDarmory uses heat to determine a kill.... I removed the military mods and.... success...

Any help in actually pin pointing the mod to blame and the fix for it would be appreciated.... I love the idea of nukes on the Mun.... :)

Is it possible to have the targeting pod lock to ground out of physics range? Even though you can see the vessels (with Distant Object Enhancement), the targeting doesn't work well at larger distances, which makes using cruise missiles a pain and Mavericks are always preferable.

8 minutes ago, theend3r said:

Is it possible to have the targeting pod lock to ground out of physics range? Even though you can see the vessels (with Distant Object Enhancement), the targeting doesn't work well at larger distances, which makes using cruise missiles a pain and Mavericks are always preferable.

Here is what I do. Use two crafts a drone (targeting) and a some other weapons platform (missiles point of origin) Lock the target then send GPS coordinates to the weapons platform. Select that GPS target using the GPS coordinator. Fire missile then vessel switch to the missile. Missile will then fly all the way to the target (as long as it has enough fuel, and as log as that target is not moving)

Like this

Edited by V8jester

36 minutes ago, RussianJeb said:

Is there going to be some kind of Raster Prop Monitor support? Controlling missiles and guns, shooting etc using RPM. Some kind of plugin maybe?

:)

There may be, but not soon. Meanwhile. check my mod in the signature - it has something. :)

21 hours ago, V8jester said:

Here is what I do. Use two crafts a drone (targeting) and a some other weapons platform (missiles point of origin) Lock the target then send GPS coordinates to the weapons platform. Select that GPS target using the GPS coordinator. Fire missile then vessel switch to the missile. Missile will then fly all the way to the target (as long as it has enough fuel, and as log as that target is not moving)

So the drone gets shot down? What's the difference then, aside from added complexity? What I want to do (and occasionaly but not always can do) is to target the enemy vessel outside of it's detection range, fire a cruise missile and follow it with my plane. It shouldn't even be that difficult to make the camera not drift when it targets the surface with the lock on. Targeting things on high mountains is also a bit wonky now. The laser targeting could use some improvements.

On March 28, 2016 at 7:40 AM, Wraith977 said:

Skillful by InfiniteDice was a weapons/damage mod that added a proper damage system, using different types of ammunition to do different things (incendiary to set things on fire and so forth), I really can't remember much as this was years ago - the only weapons mod that came before it was the laser guided missiles by Romfarer - but Skillful was really the first proper weapons mod out there. It's been kept up to date so far but from the last few posts it seems like that wont be happening any more.

There were a couple of issues with Skillful. No mouse-based aiming, no guard-mode, documentation on how to operate the actual weapons was basically non-existent, and the models were ugly as sin. But the main thing was installation. Skillful used a module on every part to determine its armor "class," so to speak. While Skillful did have a .bat file which installed the modules Skillful needed on every part from Squad, Pwings, and B9, for some reason the guy refused to use ModuleManager and thus installation on Mac was more or less impossible (as you couldn't run the .bat file) without digging into an obscure feature in the Xcode developer tools which merged files. 

On March 28, 2016 at 8:31 AM, tetryds said:

It would be interesting if BDArmory implemented a more advanced damage system, despite heat being a very good placeholder.

While a more advanced damage system would be excellent, it needs to still be based off of impact or heat tolerance. I mentioned the problem with Skillful before. Well, if you had part packs (as was the norm back in 0.23), you had to go through every single part and add in that module. It took hours.

1 hour ago, tetryds said:

@Hobbes Novakoff that is not such a big deal, you can simply use module manager to add modules to every part.

Then have types of parts, like engines or structures, and apply different parameters to them, or even different modules for customized behavior.

The issue is differentiating between different designs, especially different structural parts. For instance, the Modular Girder Segment (a lightweight truss structure) would have considerably different properties compared to structural panels, and the 2.5-3.5m adapter (a thin sheet of metal supported by trusses) would have different properties than either. But aside from impact tolerance, mass, and thermal properties, there's no difference between them config-wise. By the same token, there's no difference between the Mk1-2 pod (which has thick-ish walls for reentry and ascent) and the Hitchhiker pod (which is basically an aluminum balloon.). You have to assign the properties for all those parts manually, and if you have a lot of parts, it gets tedious very quickly.

If Baha is doing a 1.1 update would it be possible to get the AI to fire missiles using modular missile guidance? That way space to space missiles can be used by AI (as the current one is broken)

4 hours ago, Halo305sparts said:

bdarmory's UI has been rekt'd by the new 1.1 UI hopefully bahamuto come out with a quick fix or a slightly big update

43 minutes ago, kavi said:

If Baha is doing a 1.1 update would it be possible to get the AI to fire missiles using modular missile guidance? That way space to space missiles can be used by AI (as the current one is broken)

He's got a LOT of stuff to rewrite due to the update, it'd be best if you didn't ask him about it, he's probably under enough pressure to do things already.

14 minutes ago, Astrain said:

He's got a LOT of stuff to rewrite due to the update, it'd be best if you didn't ask him about it, he's probably under enough pressure to do things already.

i just realized what your name is pronounced like "A-S-S Train"

12 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

Depends on how you read it ... :rolleyes:
There are at least three different possible pronunciations.

Edited by DocMop

19 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

I never intended it to be pronounced like that

it's just a combination of initials and trains

but the joke has been made so many times that I don't even respond to it anymore lol

I did have a fix but the post seems like it was deleted. The 64bit version was very crash heavy but the 32 bit worked just fine. If someone wants me to post it again let me know. 

23 hours ago, loves ksp mods said:

please how do i send my files to get fixed someone tell me pleas;.;

You don't. (First off, you don't send them to be fixed. This isn't a warranty operation, or a vetrinary office.) You play on 1.0.5, then when the next version of BDA comes out, you update to 1.1 and install the mod again.

Hi, I'm very new to modding and KSP in general, but I'm loving it. Slight issue with the BDA mod, whenever I load any sort of craft to the launchpad or landing strip, all I see is black and stars, my navball reads orbit, and it keeps flipping 1x time acceleration as it is trying to load. The craft and editor and files all are in there and look fantastic, it just doesn't let me fly or load up anything. Any help?