[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

On 4/4/2016 at 7:40 AM, inigma said:

Well, here is our first modern dogfight in BDArmory. Thanks @BahamutoD for an amazing series of mods you have put out, making this totally possible!

Advantages of a 'potato' (It's current gen love off) PC:

• ???
  • Cheap?

Disadvantages:

• Can't do that
  • Or even have a big ship
  • Or fire more than 12 missiles at a time without severe FPS drop

I have a question about one of my favorite cruise missiles - the HE-KV-1... and in 1.0.5, it was listed as broken as it is in the current developmental release. Is it broken because of the mechanics in 1.0.5/1.1?

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

I have a question about one of my favorite cruise missiles - the HE-KV-1... and in 1.0.5, it was listed as broken as it is in the current developmental release. Is it broken because of the mechanics in 1.0.5/1.1?

Its broken because he has no plans to fix it for the for-seeable future. It has been broken for many updates and only keeps it around to keep peoples crafts from breaking due to missing parts. 

Just wondering, is there any way to fire multiple weapons at the same time? For example, I made an FW190, which has both 20mm cannons and 13mm machine guns, and I would like to fire both at once. If there isn't, I'd like that feature to be added!

1 hour ago, Dman1791 said:

Just wondering, is there any way to fire multiple weapons at the same time? For example, I made an FW190, which has both 20mm cannons and 13mm machine guns, and I would like to fire both at once. If there isn't, I'd like that feature to be added!

Assign an action group to toggle the desired weapons. Or simply right click and toggle the desired weapons in flight. 

Then simply point shoot, grin repeat.

On 4/04/2016 at 2:46 AM, BahamutoD said:

This was kind of an excercise on making a separate mod that is dependent on BDA, and I decided to keep it separate since in the future, it could be considered a cheat tool when we start getting into contracts/careers.

One thing that I would love to have would be a Vessel Mover option or spinoff that makes Vessel Mover a balanced campaign option.

Far too often you want to build some static structure on Kerbin, like a colony base for mining resources to sell for funds, a communications relay, or a series of little airports to support exploration missions. The big problem is that getting a large structure anywhere on Kerbin is a nightmare that requires vast rockets, negotiating the atmosphere and landing gently. It's just uneconomical. Even moving a ~20 ton KSP Interstellar microwave energy relay out of physics loading range of base requires an immense rover that is a nightmare of structs to keep from exploding.

What I would like is a Vessel Mover option where it is set up as a Company you contract. When you use vessel mover with the contract mode turned on, you move your vessel to the location you want, and the company gives you a quote on how much funds it will cost them to move it to that location. You could also balance it with moving time, with the option of choosing to move faster for more cost or slower for cheaper. You then either reject the company quote, and your vessel returns to where it was, or you accept it and the moving process begins.

Playing KSP Intersteller and the USI mods along with Extraplanetary Launchpads I really love to use Vessel Mover to place my mining stations around kerbin and other planets. However it's a bit cheaty, if vessel mover could come with a cost-to-move option that would be amazing.

I've noticed a strange bug using Camera Tools and BDA - that sometimes pilots will be doubled - as if the cockpit module is duplicated somehow.  this happens even to planes that are spawned normally and not by vessel mover.  i can't tell if this impacts the functionality of processing things as simple as using canons, or the effectiveness of ECM.

Another bug I seem to see is that ECM and chaff does not appear to be effective hardly at all, and ECM is not turned on by the AI when needed either.  Thoughts?

IDK if this has been said before but it seems that when you use self-command and fly-to-position the craft's ai no longer wants it to fly level. It seems to pull down until it reaches its min attitude 

Of course this is the version that came before the 1.1 pre-release as i don't have steam

23 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

That's sad... Was one of my favorites as it could operate in a vacuum. I used it for orbital debris removal...

Edited by Messernacht
Not all text appearing

@BahamutoD

What is the significance of the variable heatThreshold for heatseeking missiles? Is that like the lowest detectable part temp that a seeker will chase? Been playing with variables and wasn't sure exactly the function of this one. Thanks!

Does anyone know how to get the weapon manager to target both missiles AND enemies? Setting the weapon manager to "target all" makes it not target missiles with weapons like Goalkeeper CIWS's and USAF Airborne Lasers.

38 minutes ago, drtricky said:

Does anyone know how to get the weapon manager to target both missiles AND enemies? Setting the weapon manager to "target all" makes it not target missiles with weapons like Goalkeeper CIWS's and USAF Airborne Lasers.

I had it work as you stated with it set to all. I was using the millennium cannon and he'll fires. Though the millennium cannon was unable to shoot the missile down it sure tried, and then promptly shot my plane out of the the sky.

1 minute ago, Svm420 said:

I had it work as you stated with it set to all. I was using the millennium cannon and he'll fires. Though the millennium cannon was unable to shoot the missile down it sure tried, and then promptly shot my plane out of the the sky.

Have you tried it with USAF Airborne Lasers? On my computer, setting the AI to target all causes it to not use lasers vs missiles.

Edited by drtricky

On 4/8/2016 at 11:51 AM, Volt said:

Ah, yes, they are landed. Is it even possible to set up planes patrolling outside those 10km at the moment before launching your own interceptor? Gotta love game limitations.

A video speaks a thousand words, so here's a video of what I'm seeing for you:

As you can see neither aircraft is making an attempt to switch weapons and acquire the other. And yes, the other one is set to team A. The rudder wobble is visible near the end.

I'm having no issues with AI engaging each other in 1.1 with the latest prerelease.  Could you try again with debug labels enabled and post your logs?

On 4/9/2016 at 0:57 AM, inigma said:

I've noticed a strange bug using Camera Tools and BDA - that sometimes pilots will be doubled - as if the cockpit module is duplicated somehow.  this happens even to planes that are spawned normally and not by vessel mover.  i can't tell if this impacts the functionality of processing things as simple as using canons, or the effectiveness of ECM.

Another bug I seem to see is that ECM and chaff does not appear to be effective hardly at all, and ECM is not turned on by the AI when needed either.  Thoughts?

If you mean the kerbal and interior get overlayed in the IVA and face cam view, I think that's a stock bug that happens when a vessel with an IVA is destroyed.

The guards/AI don't know how to use ECM jammers at all yet.

18 hours ago, drtricky said:

Target all should indeed enable them to target both vessels and missiles.  If its not engaging incoming missiles then there could be a different issue.

2 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

I'm having no issues with AI engaging each other in 1.1 with the latest prerelease.  Could you try again with debug labels enabled and post your logs?

Will do. It's on the test list.

18 hours ago, Svm420 said:

@BahamutoD

What is the significance of the variable heatThreshold for heatseeking missiles? Is that like the lowest detectable part temp that a seeker will chase? Been playing with variables and wasn't sure exactly the function of this one. Thanks!

@BahamutoD

18 hours ago, Svm420 said:

@BahamutoD

Vessels are given a "heat score" based on the temp of the hottest part and heat being generated, and the heatThreshold is the lowest score it will chase.

I think I've been able to duplicate an issue with AI canon fire and Camera Tools use. Apparently if you switch to BD mode in Camera Tools, and flip around through a few 2v2 ASC contestants, sometimes (almost all the time) the AI forgets it has cannons... until you simply toggle the BDArmory menu back on. Then all the AI begin using cannons. Weird. And it's consistently the workaround fix for this. See this video bookmarked for you at the 3 min part. The Stealth Weasel that you are following has a gun range at 1000m, and the pair of X-38s he's sandwhiched between have guns set at 2000m. Essentially in this scenario, the Weasel should be firing at the target he's chasing here, and getting fired at from behind by the other X-38 that is chasing him, but nothing happens but acrobatics until I toggle the BDArmory menu on and off: 

It happens every time when using CameraTools, BD mode and when you cycle to a plane and back again while in the same mode.

any thoughts @BahamutoD?

Edited by inigma

On April 9, 2016 at 5:02 PM, War Eagle 1 said:

IDK if this has been said before but it seems that when you use self-command and fly-to-position the craft's ai no longer wants it to fly level. It seems to pull down until it reaches its min attitude 

Of course this is the version that came before the 1.1 pre-release as i don't have steam

Did this get fixed?

53 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

@inigma That's very strange.. does anything come up in the log when it happens?

I saw no errors in the log, but I don't think it is verbose. Using the vid above, do you think you might be able to duplicate it in your environment? Let me know how I can test, and what you need so I can get you data! :)

On 4/11/2016 at 11:24 AM, BahamutoD said:

Target all should indeed enable them to target both vessels and missiles.  If its not engaging incoming missiles then there could be a different issue.

It simply refuses to use weapons against missiles when it is set to all targets. I noticed however it works when a weapon manager is on a vehicle that is not moving and on the ground. How do I obtain and send you debug logs?

Also, it seems to me that 30mm rounds are noticeably less powerful than 20mm rounds. I have a plane with an mk3 cockpit, and the cockpit withstood six 30mm hits before being nearly destroyed. But it conversely only took two 20mm hits to nearly destroy the mk3 cockpit. I've noticed it applies not just to the cockpit, it applies to other parts like FAT-455 wings and mk1 inline cockpits too.

EDIT: now one of my aircraft is experiencing other AI issues. It not only fires only one missile per target regardless of the weapons manager's settings, it also refuses to fire its vulcans, even though it is within range and position to use them, and has ammo. In terms of behavior, I've also noticed it makes no attempt to turn when the aircraft it is chasing turns around and begins shooting at it. It almost seems to act like the other aircraft isn't there until the gunfire shows up. Solved the issue!

Edited by drtricky

Hi BahamutoD, i wanted to ask you something. It's about addon for this mod, does ther eis any FAQ to how to create addon for BDArmory ? Becasue i'm somewhat good to medelling/programming, and i really wanted to make a addon for this awesome mods, thanks you ^^

I'm seeing a noticeable but completely unpredictable rise in craft performing ( fairly wild ) evasive maneuvers when they're not being shot at, or in some cases not even with in several km of another craft. I'll catch you in IRC sometime to ask about what debug tools I can use to check that, I've not seen any way of setting that up deliberately. It's a problem because craft bleed energy like crazy...

Planes forgetting there's an enemy sitting behind them but not shooting is also fairly common right now.