[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I make plane with 0 heat score(5 small juno engines). Missiles still lock but eny flare take heat misssile But now what with radar rockets. I put many jammers n chaff n still only thing that rescue me from those rockets is manuvers. I'm doing something wrong?

EDIT: I testet again n i think before i have bug with that 0 heat score. Now it go up when rocket fly.

Edited by tomtom100

8 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

Small question. Does this function with 1.1? I'm planning to download the pre-release for the purpose of making functioning tanks with internals.

Look at the Github link, it has the 1.1 compatible version

Edited by Wraith977

Here's a more minor thing to throw on the pile: around 1:50ish the focus craft goes low level to try and extend, but it keeps flipping in and out of takeoff/gain height mode as it goes under min altitude - and the transitions burn a fair bit of energy.

Do you actually *need* a "recovering from below min alt" mode? I'm pretty sure you project the flight path forwards somewhere, so could it not just ensure the setpoint tried not to take the craft below min alt ( aerodynamics notwithstanding ) and just stayed in whatever mode it's currently in?

Anyway, small issue.

I noticed a bug with this mod while testing my guided missile cruiser, Krucible.

bcglWvv.png

At first my Goalkeepers worked just fine, but after switching to the Abrams turrets and back, the goalkeepers only fired short bursts every now and then.

The time between the bursts is the same as the reloading time of the Abrams turret.

I am using the 1.1 prerelease.

Just taught id give you a heads up just in-case you haven't noticed this yourself.

2 hours ago, kapteenipirk said:

I noticed a bug with this mod while testing my guided missile cruiser, Krucible.

bcglWvv.png

At first my Goalkeepers worked just fine, but after switching to the Abrams turrets and back, the goalkeepers only fired short bursts every now and then.

The time between the bursts is the same as the reloading time of the Abrams turret.

I am using the 1.1 prerelease.

Just taught id give you a heads up just in-case you haven't noticed this yourself.

Do you have a craftfile for this to download? I never managed to build proper ships in KSP, but i'd like to try that one, looks really really cool :P

1 hour ago, JamesCutter said:

Do you have a craftfile for this to download? I never managed to build proper ships in KSP, but i'd like to try that one, looks really really cool :P

Im going to make a post about this when i get a chance.

Just need a bit more time.

So be on the lookout for that.

One thing I really want in this mod Is ricochets. A script could run something like that. When the shell or bullet hits a target with a weapon manager, the angle of the hit is calculated and then the heat resistance is taken into account. basically the angle to calibre to armour thickness ratio. The script would be pretty complicated but not too complicated. just a bit of division and scripting.

3 hours ago, captaincza738 said:

One thing I really want in this mod Is ricochets. A script could run something like that. When the shell or bullet hits a target with a weapon manager, the angle of the hit is calculated and then the heat resistance is taken into account. basically the angle to calibre to armour thickness ratio. The script would be pretty complicated but not too complicated. just a bit of division and scripting.

There already is ricochets :)

I adore this mod way too much, as i can make a normal plane and then slap some vulcan cannons everywhere and obliterate the KSC.

What would be a nice addition would be 20mm Hispano cannons to be added, or maybe some more turrets. It'd really be nice for a P-38 or a B-25, etc.

That's all, thanks!

Where? are the richochets. And I was thinking of a system that is in World of Tanks. There the richochets are based on thickness, angle and calibre. and is this mod for BD Armoury or not.

EDIT:

And on the viehcle.

Edited by captaincza738

There's definitely ricochets in core BDA, they're just not very common - most common from the ground, but I've seen them from aircraft. The issue with basing them on materials is "how do you know how strong the surface is" - how does the game know if a part is made of duralumin or armour plate ( or wood, even ) for instance. Basing on angle & KE is ok if you pick a default surface strength, which is why I assume they're quite rare.

I revisited the prerelease version in 1.1. The AI is doing the suicidal rolls after missile launch again - it takes a bit of effort to build a plane that won't blow itself out of the sky.

Something has changed in aero or PID - AI needs more steer damping than before, I think.

50 minutes ago, colmo said:

I revisited the prerelease version in 1.1. The AI is doing the suicidal rolls after missile launch again - it takes a bit of effort to build a plane that won't blow itself out of the sky.

Something has changed in aero or PID - AI needs more steer damping than before, I think.

Ive also noticed that when you set the Wingman to self-command and then have the AI fly to a point way off it will try to follow the curvature of kerbin rather than keeping altitude