[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

15 minutes ago, JebberJones said:

Is it possible, currently, to make a tank drive on its own, kind of like planes with the AI pilot part can do?

If not, would it be possible to implement? I think tank battles would be a fun thing to do.

There used to be a mod called burn together that semi allowed for this.  However as far as i have seen that mod is lost.

7 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

There used to be a mod called burn together that semi allowed for this.  However as far as i have seen that mod is lost.

I found it.

Judging by the videos, it's pretty much exactly what I could've ever asked for... or something along those lines. I'm not so good at being good with the wordz.

Oh well, you can't really wish for everything. Sometimes you just gotta settle for what you get.

Shame it's not 1.1 compatible, though.

But hey, I can try using it anyway. After all, breaking the game just a little more can't hurt, now, can it?

Can you add a tank A.I.? People wanted this a long time ago. Here is how it should work

• The ability to show max speed
  • Should be able to work with Kerbal Foundries
  • Standby Mode
  • Should work with Wing command
  • If a tank is being attacked by bombs, the tank tries to move out of the way while shooting down the bomber.

And that's pretty much I can think of.

1 hour ago, JebberJones said:

Is it possible, currently, to make a tank drive on its own, kind of like planes with the AI pilot part can do?

If not, would it be possible to implement? I think tank battles would be a fun thing to do.

Mech Jeb has a rover autopilot feature that has waypoints and stuff. It won't dodge missiles or anything but you could make tanks drive a pre-set path with guard mode on.

14 minutes ago, gajbooks said:

Mech Jeb has a rover autopilot feature that has waypoints and stuff. It won't dodge missiles or anything but you could make tanks drive a pre-set path with guard mode on.

Sounds good.

Wish Bahamuto updated Burn Together, though. Someone even commented on how to do that yourself by modifying a file, but that doesn't really help a lot because the download doesn't work anymore (RIP KerbalStuff).

Anyway, that thing you said does sound pretty alright okay good very nice neato cool.

I think I might try that.

Edited by JebberJones
Removed filler.

59 minutes ago, JebberJones said:

I found it.

Judging by the videos, it's pretty much exactly what I could've ever asked for... or something along those lines. I'm not so good at being good with the wordz.

Oh well, you can't really wish for everything. Sometimes you just gotta settle for what you get.

Shame it's not 1.1 compatible, though.

But hey, I can try using it anyway. After all, breaking the game just a little more can't hurt, now, can it?

I knew where to find the thread but the download link is still kerbal stuff so you can't download it

2 hours ago, BF2_Pilot said:

How about a mortar?

Asked for this myself a few weeks back, 'current aiming system does not support indirect fire,' or something close enough to that.

on a seperate note; found out how to make custom particle effects and managed to finish off a few of the parts I've been working on, released what I have so far over here:

20 hours ago, BF2_Pilot said:

How about a mortar?

17 hours ago, Wraith977 said:

Asked for this myself a few weeks back, 'current aiming system does not support indirect fire,' or something close enough to that.

on a seperate note; found out how to make custom particle effects and managed to finish off a few of the parts I've been working on, released what I have so far over here:

Look up Boomsticks by Monkey Spanner.  It has mortars

3 minutes ago, Lookerksy said:

Does this mod work in 1.1.2? Thanks.

I mean its "supposed to" because the title says so, but there's some problem where looking at the tab in the VAB/SPH makes the game crash eventually (at least for a few people). Otherwise it seems to function fine.

Just now, gajbooks said:

I mean its "supposed to" because the title says so, but there's some problem where looking at the tab in the VAB/SPH makes the game crash eventually (at least for a few people). Otherwise it seems to function fine.

I get it. Thanks for you quick reply.

5 hours ago, andreasblom said:

where do I download this?

looks fun, reminds me of Red Dragon

reminds you of red dragon?

you mean the "wargame" one right?

As someone mentioned about crashes in sph, vab - I have them too. And probably because of this addon. I have noticed that memory usage is rising  endlessly after putting bd armory parts... Weapons, ammo packs, rockets, even adjustable rails. After reaching 8gb game frezze after trying to go to open world. After reaching 14 gb game frezze in sph/vab hangar.

2 hours ago, Bart888 said:

As someone mentioned about crashes in sph, vab - I have them too. And probably because of this addon. I have noticed that memory usage is rising  endlessly after putting bd armory parts... Weapons, ammo packs, rockets, even adjustable rails. After reaching 8gb game frezze after trying to go to open world. After reaching 14 gb game frezze in sph/vab hangar.

I have the same problem. First i thought it was the Big Boats Part mod i use, but it seems like the game is "leaking" memory whenever BDarmory comes into play. This is only a problem in the VAB/SPH for me. The game just blows up until it reaches 13 gigs of ram, then crashes.

3 hours ago, Bart888 said:

Have the exact same problem, as soon as I mouse over a BD part in the VAB/SPH on a vessel or in the part window the game begins to get very unstable. Can alleviate by going out of VAB/SPH but this causes game to hang, if you go back in to VAB/SPH memory rises dramatically and game crashes/locks up PC.

for all the guys who have the memory problem, i have one thing to say:
just go without the mod for a while, play ksp without bd because if it crashes the game there is no point in you using it

@BahamutoD will of probably seen the bug reports due to the sheer number of them so just let the matter rest for now until someone finds a fix

Edited by ckirky

Hi, this is a really great mod! Unfortunately, I have no parts visible in the Spaceplane Hangar, although i have the toolbar icon. I copied the BD folder into the GameData folder. Maybe I´m not smart enough...

thanks for help

Edited by ElCorrupto

Suggestion 
Increase the AI's dampener a heck ton.
A few of my fighters have great settings for combat but when it comes to flying in formation with the wingman they over compensate greatly.