[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Hello all! 

So i've been trying to set up dogfights with Korea era planes (10+ at a time), but ive come to the problem that after i set my planes to start fighting, they either never engage each other or if they do, instead of properly fighting they follow each other in a continuous climb to ~15km where they can no longer maneuver, until they stall, only to repeat the process. 

Mods installed (that could affect the planes)

-FAR

-Tweakscale

-Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

-Firespitter

Perhaps we could get a max altitude in the AI flight options?

Not sure if this is in any way related to the aforementioned crashes but the only time (about 2 minutes ago) it gave an error message during/after the crash was "Fatal error in gc - Too many heap sections"

Spoiler

m4JMKq4.jpg

So I've seen through Curse that someone's added a 'Boomstick' series of weapons that are supposed to add on to and complement the BD Armory arsenal. Has anyone tried these, are they a legitimate addon to BDA, or is this someone riding the coat-tails of this highly brilliant mod?

Also, I know I've asked this before, but a hard reset of my game has me asking again; has anyone out there figured out a fix for the HE-KV1 missile? There's an ominous space station orbiting Duna that needs to ventilated.

Edited by Messernacht
Typo's. So Many Typo's.

2 hours ago, Messernacht said:

So I've seen through Curse that someone's added a 'Boomstick' series of weapons that are supposed to add on to and complement the BD Armory arsenal. Has anyone tried these, are they a legitimate addon to BDA, or is this someone riding the coat-tails of this highly brilliant mod?

If you are asking about THIS or any other 'BD Armory addon' on the forums then they are completely legitimate, unless they were uploaded by anyone other than the author (unless they got permission). It also depends on the license used by the mod, for @SpannerMonkey(smce)'s boomsticks mod no one else may upload it, even with changes and/or credit as it is all rights reserved, for other licenses such as CC-BY-SA others may upload it so long as they give credit and have altered the contents in some way (as far as I can remember). Read up on each license for how they work exactly.

Just now, Wraith977 said:

If you are asking about THIS or any other 'BD Armory addon' on the forums then they are completely legitimate, unless they were uploaded by anyone other than the author (unless they got permission). It also depends on the license used by the mod, for @SpannerMonkey(smce)'s boomsticks mod no one else may upload it, even with changes and/or credit as it is all rights reserved, for other licenses such as CC-BY-SA others may upload it so long as they give credit and have altered the contents in some way (as far as I can remember). Read up on each license for how they work exactly.

Yup it's genuine, Boomsticks was one of if not the first addon pack. for BD Armory. After a long absence and  due to issues with certain download hosting options I decided to upload it to CurseForge  as well.   @Wraith977. Thanks for the ping

On 5/9/2016 at 2:18 PM, ckirky said:

reminds you of red dragon?

you mean the "wargame" one right?

yes

wargame red dragon

On 5/10/2016 at 9:36 AM, BF2_Pilot said:

Release is coming.But now,we have a little bugs

ok

I can wait

11 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Yup it's genuine, Boomsticks was one of if not the first addon pack. for BD Armory. After a long absence and  due to issues with certain download hosting options I decided to upload it to CurseForge  as well.   @Wraith977. Thanks for the ping

Superb. Had a few issues a week back with downloading a mod and my anti-virus went mad, so just thought I'd check. Time to break out the rails. Many thanks.

Would custom caliber weapons be possible? Stuff like having a generic turret piece paired with a customizable barrel which caliber, length and fire rate could be edited, a bit like BD's custom landing gears.

So I'm looking at the M1Abrams turret, and I'm wondering if there's a way to work with it in the same way as Tweakscale allows fuel tanks and engines to be scaled. I've got a reasonably large ship that could fit two of them underneath if there were a little smaller, turning it from a purely research vessel into a fully-grown destroyer.

Haaaaah.... Right. we have a problem here. Love the mod, and all the addons - but I am having huge problems in the form of my computer freezing for up to an hour after trying to scroll through the BDA tab. but ONLY the BDA tab. I do have all the addons I can find installed, even a couple you have not listed (NEDR, etc.)

but yeah. since the 1.1 update, I have found that scrolling through any BDA related parts will after maybe half a minute of gameplay cause small freezes - 5 seconds. these get longer. and the last one - my whole PC froze up to the point where I couldn't even turn it off without physically unplugging it. and no, there is no log. it didn't crash, it just froze my PC.

14 minutes ago, -DW-Solaris said:

Haaaaah.... Right. we have a problem here. Love the mod, and all the addons - but I am having huge problems in the form of my computer freezing for up to an hour after trying to scroll through the BDA tab. but ONLY the BDA tab. I do have all the addons I can find installed, even a couple you have not listed (NEDR, etc.)

but yeah. since the 1.1 update, I have found that scrolling through any BDA related parts will after maybe half a minute of gameplay cause small freezes - 5 seconds. these get longer. and the last one - my whole PC froze up to the point where I couldn't even turn it off without physically unplugging it. and no, there is no log. it didn't crash, it just froze my PC.

read some of the above comments, others have this problem too

Hey B, I just wanted to let you know that on 1.1.2, your mod (I have tested the crap out of this) causes a HUGE memory leak, eating up 8 gigs of RAM in under ten minutes. I'm sure that you know this but I just thought that I'd help you narrow it in.

Everybody, this mod was not yet updated to 1.1.2, and is not compatible with it. Requesting updates is against the forums rules.

Just sit down and wait until Baha decides to update it.

1 minute ago, tetryds said:

Everybody, this mod was not yet updated to 1.1.2, and is not compatible with it. Requesting updates is against the forums rules.

Just sit down and wait until Baha decides to update it.

Not complaining, just doing a little hunting to speed it up. Hey, you never know, someone might have not taken the time to do a full registry wipe to really get a fix on the problems.

1 hour ago, Wulfle said:

Not complaining, just doing a little hunting to speed it up. Hey, you never know, someone might have not taken the time to do a full registry wipe to really get a fix on the problems.

That does not matter, Baha is aware that the mod is not updated and has his own reasons to not have done it already, "trying to speed it up" will not make it update faster, while still being against the forum rules.

2.3f) Messages that repeat inquiries about updates or content from modders.

This also means that reporting issues is pointless, as the mod is not even meant to work with the latest version, and any problem you have is almost certainly caused by that.

The license of the mod allows you to fork the source code and port it yourself, if you are not interested on doing that all you have to do is wait (and if you port it remember to follow the add-on posting rules when sharing it).

10 hours ago, Wulfle said:

Hey B, I just wanted to let you know that on 1.1.2, your mod (I have tested the crap out of this) causes a HUGE memory leak, eating up 8 gigs of RAM in under ten minutes. I'm sure that you know this but I just thought that I'd help you narrow it in.

if you want to let him know more directly you should tag his name in the comment....or PM him

11 hours ago, tetryds said:

That does not matter, Baha is aware that the mod is not updated and has his own reasons to not have done it already, "trying to speed it up" will not make it update faster, while still being against the forum rules.

2.3f) Messages that repeat inquiries about updates or content from modders.

This also means that reporting issues is pointless, as the mod is not even meant to work with the latest version, and any problem you have is almost certainly caused by that.

The license of the mod allows you to fork the source code and port it yourself, if you are not interested on doing that all you have to do is wait (and if you port it remember to follow the add-on posting rules when sharing it).

I fully understand that posts for "updates" is against the rules, but I have not seen a single post asking for an update. I have seen people repeatedly posting things because they can't read two pages back, but they were reporting a crippling bug and not just spamming "add moar gunz plox". On a side note, this mod didn't work on 1.1 either. It would also be helpful if the users knew that Baha knew the mod was not updated, and then some of this might be averted.

Edited by gajbooks
Added more info

8 minutes ago, gajbooks said:

I fully understand that posts for "updates" is against the rules, but I have not seen a single post asking for an update. I have seen people repeatedly posting things because they can't read two pages back, but they were reporting a crippling bug and not just spamming "add moar gunz plox". On a side note, this mod didn't work on 1.1 either. It would also be helpful if the users knew that Baha knew the mod was not updated, and then some of this might be averted.

Haven't seen anyone ask for updates either, as you said just a repeat of that crippling bug. It doesn't help though that some of the extra BDA mods (NAS for example) are updated to 1.1.2 with no disclaimer on their page about this bug with BDA, so you have more people installing BDA for addons that are up to date but require this out of date addon and then we have 2-3 pages of people posting the same problem here (that said I DO have the same memory leak when only viewing NAS parts via list by Manufacturer as well as only BDA parts, picking parts out by going into Utility or Search is a semi-workaround, you only have access to some parts and not all are searchable but the game doesn't creep up to 8gb usage so fast (pretty stable this way actually.))

14 hours ago, Wulfle said:

The thing is he hasn't been on the forums for a while so its best to wait for him to come back.
I have the SPH/VAB scrolling issue as well as noticed when ever you do a dogfight with the dogfight option it causes the pause button to pause the camera and controls but the game still goes on and the pause menu doesn't show up.