[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Hi  AI with such settings fly like is it drunked, lef right, left right n do strange thing with throtle on off on off like it is WWI plane. Plane always is exacly as good manuverable no difference what speed., Plane can fly safely at 30 m/s end land at 18 m/s. max speed 120m/s+

Topic with vids when i fly it by myself http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/139891-psuedo-wing-no-control-surfraces-control-with-compressed-air/

13198601_967645703349223_741410798883587

Edited by tomtom100

On 5/17/2016 at 3:47 AM, Shad0w_General said:

Hey not asking when the update is coming, but i've been looking on the GitHub and noticed that Bahamuto hasn't made a commit to the branch in all most a month? his he still doing this project? Is he ok?

I'm getting Macey Dean flashbacks... the horror!

@BahamutoD how would one go about making a Cluster Bomb for a mod that uses BD Armory as its base system? I have tried a bunch of different things now and each time ends in the weapon simply disintegrating due to overheating at its deploy altitude

So I'm sorry if someone has already asked this but I saw nothing posted on the past few pages. I am running the latest version of BDA in 1.1.2 which I know is currently unsupported and am getting a very strange bug. The Oerlikon Millennium Cannon (Flak Cannon) is, for me, firing with the same fire rate, sound ,and visual effects as the CIWS even though in its .cfg it is listing pathing to Parts/oMillennium/Sounds for example. I have tested it and it is also doing the same damage that the CIWS causes. Also, I am not sure if this is a change I have missed or what but I swear before it was using the tank shell amo and not it is using 30mm amo... idk that's might have just been me being unobservant. Any help finding a fix for the projectile error on the Millennium would be nice because I am trying to set up some ground attack scenarios and not having flak guns is going to make defending a lot harder. Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, KerbalKyle45kk said:

BahamutoD, I thought it was 1.1.2, not 0.11..x.

0.11.0.1 refers to the version of BDArmory not the version of KSP it is built for, its an easy mistake to make since moders don't standardize their thread names.

2 hours ago, ValCab33 said:

Uuh, I don't have any problem with it in 1.1.2...

If so, then that's fortunate for you.  However, it's clear that lots (perhaps "nearly all") players do have problems with it in 1.1.2, since it has not been updated yet, as has been clearly stated.  Everyone, please take a look at @tetryds's email immediately above.

In the perhaps vain hope of heading off the next round of "hey, when's the update":

• If somehow it's working for you:  great, enjoy!  No need to post anything here.
  • If it's not working for you:  That's expected.  It's not updated yet.  Just watch this thread for when the author announces an update.  No need to post anything here.
  • If you have a question or comment about the mod that is NOT related to updating, or whether it works in 1.1.2:  then by all means go ahead and post!  :)

Baha there is a huge issue right now, and I believe it needs urgent attention.

There seems to be a huge memory issue in the latest version in BDArmory that, when in the SPH or VAB and in the BDArmory category, the memory usage of KSP rises to ungodly high levels until it simply kills your computer. This process isn't very fast, but if you leave it for long enough things start to go wrong.

This originated in the NAS post, but on further investigation it seems to not just be NAS, but BDArmory itself.

Edited by harpwner

2 hours ago, harpwner said:

There seems to be a huge memory issue in the latest version in BDArmory that, when in the SPH or VAB and in the BDArmory category, the memory usage of KSP rises to ungodly high levels until it simply kills your computer. This process isn't very fast, but if you leave it for long enough things start to go wrong.

This originated in the NAS post, but on further investigation it seems to not just be NAS, but BDArmory itself.

this has been addressed multiple times harpwner. The biggest problem is Baha hasn't been on much. Im sure he has seen it by now but has been for the most part off the grid. 

I'm running BD on KSP 1.1.2, and I'm getting a really weird bug that no one else seems to have. If I have weapons on a plane, it will work and fly fine for a little bit, but after a few minutes, the camera switches focus to a phantom plane about a hundred meters away. I'm still controlling the real plane, but the roll gets messed up and it's just annoying. Could be me doing something wrong, and if so PLEASE tell me what it is. However, I think it's the mod, as normal planes show no such behavior.

18 hours ago, harpwner said:

Yeah, the mayhem from this issue is real. As it seems by @BahamutoD's youtube channel's latest uploads is that he is focusing his attention on his own game rather than BD Armory. So basically, were on our own here.

1 hour ago, Andem said:

Yeah, the mayhem from this issue is real. As it seems by @BahamutoD's youtube channel's latest uploads is that he is focusing his attention on his own game rather than BD Armory. So basically, were on our own here.

Oh boy... I can comb through his code a bit and see what could be the culprit, but I can't do much more than that if he doesn't at leas appear for a few minutes. I just hope I can get by with my new series.

@Jaffa Cookie Yes, I have found that over about 1-1.5 hrs, KSP slows to a crawl, then crashes, then my computer overheats, slows to a crawl (e.g. The mac spinning wheel of death is frozen), then crashes as well. I thought this might just be my computer, but your post and those of others seem to imply that BD Armory is the culprit. Hope I’m not just stating the obvious, but whatever the problem is seems to involve heavy processor load. Maybe that can narrow the search a bit?

Edited by Mycroft

12 hours ago, Mycroft said:

@Jaffa Cookie Yes, I have found that over about 1-1.5 hrs, KSP slows to a crawl, then crashes, then my computer overheats, slows to a crawl (e.g. The mac spinning wheel of death is frozen), then crashes as well. I thought this might just be my computer, but your post and those of others seem to imply that BD Armory is the culprit. Hope I’m not just stating the obvious, but whatever the problem is seems to involve heavy processor load. Maybe that can narrow the search a bit?

I tend to only have this issue when the bd armory tab is open in the SPH and VAB. so long as i spend the least amount of time with that tab open, and switch away from it before i would launch a vessel it seems to be working normal for me. hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

19 hours ago, Mycroft said:

I looked at the code and simply can't find the culprit. Granted I only saw the parts directly involved with the tab, but the memory leak (which is what I believe this is) doesn't make sense code-wise. I'm not an expert with code though, still kinda working on my skills with it.

Nevertheless, I couldn't find the problem and just don't have the time to comb through all of the code, sorry guys :/

I'll keep taking the occasional look but I'm quite busy.